Author Topic: Into the Archives (Completed)  (Read 1752 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 09:28:06 AM »
The inkeep still sat at his desk, elbow on desktop, hand propping his head. He was either tired, bored or both. His eyes shifted from his reading, though his head did not tilt at all. "Yes?" he asked only as pleasantly as he had to in order to avoid being rude.

"Disinterested" was perhaps the best word to describe the fellow.
=]V[=

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 01:34:54 PM »
I just *love* Collinsworth!
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Chassic

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 124
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »
OOC: Does Charon know of any religious groups in the city, perhaps one with a significant following of paladins? I have a paladin NPC listed in Charon's background (the questionnaire that you sent me a while back) that he could send the reports to. Charon really hates the guy, but he could see past that in this situation. Trouble is, I'm not sure if that paladin is from Embar or not. Any suggestions where I should go from here?

P.S. I *love* Collinsworth, too!

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »
OOC: Sure. Matter of fact, There's a temple to Ehlonna at the western gate of the city.

...Cause why not?

You can tell me where he's from. If it fits with your background, why not make things easy for your character? You know? :)
=]V[=

Offline Chassic

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 124
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 01:34:55 PM »
"I'll need a messenger to deliver some papers to the Council." Said Charon, trying to sound as important as he could muster.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 01:41:53 PM »
The inkeep turned to the side in his chair, and reached over to a string that came through a small hole in the wall. The faint sound of a cowbell could be heard coming from somewhere behind the wall.

"I can have my lad take it whenever you wish. He's the inn's messenger."

Oddly, the inkeep's disinterest was somewhat comforting. If he didn't care about the document, he'd most likely deliver it uncompromised.
=]V[=

Offline Chassic

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 124
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 11:42:48 PM »
"Oh. Well, excellent. I'll just head back upstairs then," said Charon motioning towards the stairs with both thumbs. "Be just a moment."

Charon shuffled quickly up the stairs. He unlocked the door and immediately looked to the desk. The letters were sitting there just as he had left them. Charon looked to Collinsworth resting on the bed. "Good work, man!" Collinsworth grinned back at Charon in reply. "It looks like we will be taking our leave of this place just a bit sooner than expected." Collinsworth seemed unfazed by the change in plans.

Charon pulled his satchel out from under the bed. He placed its contents beside his friend. It took a few moments for him to get his studded leather armor on, but once he did Charon was surprised by how comforting it felt. Next he strung his shortbow and slung it over his back along with a quiver of arrows. He fastened his beltpouch and dagger around his waist, checking that the blade was still in good order. He tied his black handkerchief around his neck in preparation for traveling in the streets again. Finally, he picked up Collinsworth.

Holding the skull level with his own face Charon said, "You know, my friend, the road ahead will be quite dangerous. I made my own choice to do this, but I never asked you if you wanted to go. You do not have to come with me if you do not want to. The choice is yours." Charon paused for a moment then smiled. "Thank you, Collinsworth. I don't know what I would do out there on the road without your companionship. I'd probably start talking to myself."

Charon tucked his friend into the satchel and slung it over his shoulder. He stepped over to the desk and picked up Scurry's jar. "I've thought of a great place for you to live. There is a temple to Ehlonna near the western gate. We'll be stopping by there on our way out of the city. I'm sure they have a wonderful garden with great fat bugs for you to eat." With that Charon stopped the jar and placed it in his satchel along with the empty ink bottle, a quill, and a few scraps of paper. Two reports were placed into his satchel. The third he held in hand.

Charon took one last look around the room making sure he left nothing behind before heading down the stairs. On his way out the door his stomach reminded him again just how long it had been since he had last eaten. "Damn this constant need to eat. It is something that I will not miss when I am dead." Charon would have to stop by a vendor on his way out of the city. Some fruits, vegetables, and bread should keep him fed for a day or two. He could hunt and forage once his supplies ran out.

Charon headed down the stairs to meet with the inn's messenger.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 12:10:57 PM »
The Inkeep stil sat with his nose in his book. He absently pointed to a youth sitting in a chair across the rom next to the door.

The young fellow was lean, probably from recent growth spurts. His rodent like face wore a thin fuzzy mustache. It had not yet begun to grow dark.

"You've a delivery to be made?" He asked Charon. He spoke with a deep voice that he had yet to grow into.
=]V[=

Offline Chassic

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 124
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »
“Ah, yes, a very important delivery, indeed. These papers must be handed over to the Council immediately.” With that Charon handed the lad a sealed copy of his report. “This is a most important matter for the Council, lad. Be sure that it reaches its destination. When you return I shall double your standard fee.”

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 08:14:52 AM »
"Ok," The young man said. "I should be back before supper."

That was roughly two hours away.
=]V[=

Offline Chassic

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 124
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 03:34:29 PM »
Charon paid the innkeep what was due, his room fee and double the messenger's fee. He then stepped out into the street, pulling up his handkerchief as he left the inn. He would need to pick up some food for the first few days of his journey. He looked for vendors selling fruits, vegetables, and breads. "There's bound to be something on the way to the Temple of Ehlona," thought Charon. He had decided to bring the second copy of his report to the followers of Ehlona. If anyone in this city cared about the death of a centaur, it would be them.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 07:35:30 AM »
Charon found several vendors on the way to the temple, and stocked up his rations.

The temple door was manned by a young lad dressed in a simple brown robe, who gladly accepted the letter, and ensured Charon that it would get to the deacon.
=]V[=

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 01:16:55 PM »
Pat, we're done here, yar?
=]V[=

Offline Chassic

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 124
    • View Profile
Into the Archives (Completed)
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 07:57:14 PM »
Yar.