Author Topic: Ins and outs  (Read 1124 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« on: February 12, 2007, 04:14:49 PM »
Belwar was one of the first to climb to the top of the northern wall of the chasm. He peered into the darkness around him at the top to make sure the area was safe. He saw nothing of concern. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time if danger was there and simply eluded his detection.

He pulled a rag from his pack and began to wipe the gore from his blades. He noticed a chip in one of his throwing axes. His lips pursed, he accepted it as a flaw of human blacksmithing, and continued to clean his gear.

The smell of the fresh mountain air was more than a blessing after the stench of death in the cave. A few deep breaths helped to calm the adrenaline in his veins, as well as the urge to purge his belly.

"I say, Mirri, I much like the way yeh do business!" Belwar nodded at the Barbarian in approving respect.

"I suppose we should be on our way. That bag'a bones aint gettin any fresher."
=]V[=

Offline Phineas

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 06:07:56 PM »
"Fenom tanki," Mirri purred, finding herself using the elven words to express thanks.  Her battle weariness was fading and she was eager to get moving.  "This is the way we came," she said gesturing into the woodlands.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:15:38 PM »
Belwar Nodded. "Let's get this dead fella strapped to Doris." Belwar began to fascen ropes to one of the mules.
=]V[=

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 07:02:19 PM »
Zurn went back into the cave entrance after healing Mirri to retrieve the Dannobar...or rather the bones of Dannobar. Before entering the cave he looked about warily to see if there was any potential threat that the group may not have seen. There was nothing but the few fires that spotted the darkness. At least that's how it appeared.

He entered the cave and could smell a mix of death and spring. It was an odd combination and he hoped that his reverie of the forest scent would not be tainted by this experience.

He picked up the bag and the bones within rattled together. "Come my brother. You shall have your peace in the arms of our forest mother."

Zurn hefted the bag over his shoulder and turned to head towards the mule. Before exiting he took a look back into the darkness of the hall. He felt good about the the deed that had been done as these these halls were now blessed. However, Vorntoque and his followers were still great and, in all probability, growing. This would certainly not be the last time he would be here.

With asense of purpose, Zurn strided out of the cave and to the mule. He saw that Belwar had already made space for Dannobar and had been waiting for him to bring the grim package.

As Zurn slung the bones from his shoulder he asked, "Aye Belwar...be ye thinkin we should travel through on double march before we set up camp? I mean...jus' in case there be any scouts to follow us?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 07:41:23 PM »
Belwar Nodded.

"Aye. I'd like to be as far from here as possible, an quickly." Belwar looked at the rest of the group.

"Tis 4 plus days to the keep from here. Wull have ta travel a bit longer than usually ta make up tha hour ah so we spent in tha cave."
=]V[=

Offline Phineas

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 08:25:31 AM »
"Let's go," Mirri simply stated.  She turned, eager to get away from this area.

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 12:30:20 PM »
Saul stretched his muscles to work out the tightness, he always felt compact after battles such as this, and the illusion that everyone just got larger was always a pesky one.

Saul followed his new tools quietly, they had performed exceptional this night, and he was most pleased. He smiled as he flipped his goggles up to rest above his forehead.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 08:46:45 AM »
Belwar helped Zurn strap the body bag to the mule.

What an odd turn of events, Belwar thought. A short time before, he had not a care what happened to this person in death, so long as he was dead. Now, here he was, risking life and limb to make sure Dannobar got a funeral.

Belwar had never really heard too much about wrestless souls and ghosts and such. His people HAD seen some things in the deep caverns below the surface, but Belwar had only heard tales.

He made a mental note to chat with Zurn about it.

Satisfied that the body would not fall from the mule, Belwar began to head east, eagerly expecting some sort of GM's description.
=]V[=

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 02:16:58 PM »
As the troupe began to wend amidst the trees and shrubs, making thier way easterly, the sounds of laughter from the chasm they had just left died. Anyone who made a listen check DC 13 (and I know there would be some) would note that the laughter died quite suddenly.

All at once the night fell into eerie silence except for the foot falls of the companions and their pack animals. Dawn was a fair ways off yet.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 08:59:47 PM »
Zurn plodded along and let the recent events sink in. He had been witness to Ehlonna's power as had everyone but he had been thrust into the position of enacting her will by his own hand. He felt very close to her now and felt that this was merely the beginning of of grander things. What else was in store for him and his companions.

The unrest of Dannobar's soul by Vorntoque had him unnerved. For a power to be so selfish as to draw it's essence from the pain of unsleeping spirits, especially those loyal to Ehlonna, stirred an anger within him. Clearly this Vorntoque was the antithesis of his Forest Lady. Undead, among other things, were his means of enacting his will. As a priest, he found this to be a foul abomination. He whispered to himself, "I wonder if the Wendigos were born of him or if the forest was reacting from any pain caused by him..."

He furrowed his brow trying to find an answer to his question. As he pulled his mace from the holding loop and looked at it's bent haft, he snorted and shook his head.

He cleared his mind of the clutter and decided that he would enjoy the forests embrace. "Yes my lady...", he thought, "...There is much more work to be done".
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 07:47:36 AM »
Saul quietly hummed a little ditty as he followed along.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 08:51:44 AM »
Belwar hadn't payed too much attention to the new fellow during the fight, but he did notice the little man had gotten very much bigger.

Wonderful, more magic Belwar thought. He'd keep a close eye on that one, he decided.

Zurn had seemed a different fellow the past day or so. This holy task he'd undertaken was clearly quite important to him.

"Zurn, thars a pretty decent chance that I could fix yer mace when we get back to a smithy. Me axes need some attention as well. I'll take a look at yer spear too iffin ya like, Mirri. I used ta do some very good work."

=]V[=

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 12:49:14 PM »
Zurn heard Belwar say something and a few moments later acknowledged it. His blinked and jerkily turned his head to Belwar "Huh? Oh...right ye be...me mace is bent." He looked down at the mace and remembered that he was irritated at the slant it took.

"If ye can fix it tha' be better than gettin' a new one methinks. I'm sure the armory at the Keep will be needin' all the weapons they got once those Gargans get ta movin to open war."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 08:11:46 AM »
=]V[=

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Ins and outs
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 06:13:19 PM »
Whah? Why would the thread that occurred after the retrieval of DannyBar occur before his retrieval.

Am I missing something?