Author Topic: The Weary Road Home  (Read 760 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« on: February 05, 2006, 10:36:48 AM »
OOC: Is there anything (besides underground exploration) that you guys wanted to do before leaving The Ruins of Rivercliff Keep (that's the official name of the fort)?

Wildfire
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Blackspear

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 326
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 07:39:24 PM »
Dale shakes his head in frustration and strides purposefully towards the keep.    As he gets to the keep, rather than heading inside, he climbs the stairs to the top of the keep.  

Once upon the top of the fortress, he heads to a battlement that faces upstream.   From there, he kneels beneath the battlement to keep watch for reinforcements of dark cloaks.    

As he waits there he reviews the exchange between himself and Jarmok in his mind, over and over again.   Feeling badly about offending Maal, Dale begins to think of how to apologize to her, not that it will matter at this point.    

While keeping watch on the forest, Dale pulls out Xorn and feeds the toad while petting it.   "What would you have done?"  Dale looks at the toad forlornly hoping for an answer from his former master.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Offline Phineas

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 01:59:19 PM »
Quote from: Ragnar
"Whats the plan? Also more importantly what am I doing in this whole mess?"

Sayer responds.  "I would appreciate an able swordsman to protect the counsellors.  Please come with us."

  • Guest
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 08:52:09 PM »
Ragnor clearly in mass confusion asks "Whats the plan? Also more importantly what am I doing in this whole mess?".

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 08:54:56 PM »
The three councilers look at each other nodding their heads in agreement. Svenia hands Rainfire and Avalon two longswords that she aquired while getting herself a dagger. "Sayer, there are plenty of weapons in case you want one." Svenia says.

Rainfire asks, "Who else is coming with us to wait?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Phineas

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 08:31:16 PM »
Quote from: darkred:6d9135d09a
If Sayer makes eye contact with Maal, he will say this to her, otherwise he will turn away and speak these words over his shoulder as he walks to the exit:[/color] "We will wait in the treeline until the sun is at six hands in height [noonish?]. At that time, the counsellors and I shall make our way to Threshold.  That should give us just enough daylight to return to town."

Sayer adds matter-of-factly "if you do not join us by this time, we shall not come back to look for you.  Remember my earlier words of counsel.  Good luck."

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 07:34:12 PM »
Avalon asks Sayer, "Where are you taking us?"

Rainfire and Svenia quietly watch the standoff between Maal and Dale.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 07:14:36 PM »
Maal Brengain stands tall and proud, glaring at Dale. She is aware that Jarmok and Kit have entered the keep, but she stands fast in her confrontation with Dale, gauging that she can catch up to them if need be...
nothing

Offline Phineas

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 03:39:10 PM »
As Jarmok and Kit enter the keep, Sayer turns to the council members.  His expression is serious, but there is still charm in his voice. "Ladies, please follow me."

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 12:00:44 PM »
(OOC, this will be my last post in this thread, due to table play now being required.)

Kit turned to see Jarmok duck in the keep, despite the pain in her back she hustled towards and through the entry, after him.

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 10:33:57 AM »
Quote from: #00ff00
I didn't read this thread any further than this line, because Dale does not have Jarmok's attention.[/color]

Jarmok moved forward smoothly, entering the keep...
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 08:39:37 AM »
OOC: I know, I know....this is an OCD in an ICD...However, I want to remind everyone to separate player feelings from character feelings.

If anyone has something to say to another PLAYER do it in a private message or an email. Resolve your personal differences there.

But most important...have fun.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Phineas

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 07:35:52 AM »
Sayer stood by, watching the confrontation.  His casting was becoming realized: Rely on your wits/but not on each other.  The two weak moon runes within that reading had concerned him, for he knew that social conflict within this group would surface.  He was now seeing it happen.

Sayer was more concerned with the two weak earth runes: there would be more conflict, but of a physical nature.  Although he was encouraged by two strong sun runes -- a goal achieved -- he was not optimistic that this quest would have the conclusion that the others expected.  They would find their priests, but perhaps not in a condition that they had hoped to find them.

He thought about the first casting.  Five strong suns.  Sayer smiled to himself.  This group would achieve its goal...assuming that they could agree on one goal to acheive.

The first rune reading was: earth SUN SUN SUN SUN SUN.  The second rune reading was: earth moon SUN moon earth SUN.

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 06:20:15 AM »
(OOC: hehe, cool post Fraz. And so there is no misunderstanding, I am enjoying Dale's tenacity as well. Please allow Johan to react (post) before we continue on. Unless more can be said within the timeframe of what has occurred already (like in a manner Fraz just did).)

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
The Weary Road Home
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 06:13:04 AM »
Quote from: Blackspear
Dale takes his crossbow and fires a bolt into the door of the keep.
both[/i] say they be goin' down there with or without us. Tha' means ye only need ta decide if ye be goin' with us or no'. Stop actin' like a fool!

An' Jarmok 'as more right ta lead this group than you or me. He's th' only one o' th' Protect'rate tha's from Thres'ol'! I dinna know 'im well, but I trust 'im more than I trust ye.

We've talked in circles enough... Now it's time ta do somethin'!"
nothing