Author Topic: Questions  (Read 190 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Questions
« on: December 08, 2005, 08:12:36 AM »
Jarmok could hear someone coming around to the back of the Council House. It was still very early and usually Jarmok would just be getting up for his morning walk. This past night was different though. He was on guard of a prisoner held within the rocky walls of the town jailhouse.

Instinctively Jarmok tensed and waited for whoever it was. He was tucked away in the bushes and even the greatest of trackers would have difficulty seeing him in there. Then he heard a whisper, "Jarmok, are you still here?" Jarmok could see Julius round the corner of the small stone prison. He was looking inquistively all around.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 04:46:18 PM »
Jarmok attended Stormhunter closely, nodding and grunting in accord with the half-orcs talking. "Mercer good man." He agreed. "Teach me much."

Quote from: wildfire
..."Two loaves of bread...with feyberry jam."


Jarmok laughed out loud at the reference to feyberry jam, recalling the joke that he had heard regarding its manufacture. That joke always made Jarmok laugh.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 03:59:03 PM »
Stormhunter smiled, "Yes, I carved it special for you. Torrent actually did the goldleaf inlays on the blade. Mercer spoke very highly of you. He was...is a very close friend of mine. When he asked me to carve it I couldn't refuse. I'm glad that it's worked well for you."

Julius spoke up, "Stormhunter has agreed to watch the jailhouse while we get something to eat. Hopefully it's early enough for us to catch Maal. I'm sure Sayer is still in bed. Shall we?" Julius motions his hand for Jarmok to start walking.

"Oh, Stormhunter, Would you like anything from the inn?" Julius asks.

Stornhunter scratches his chin a little and says, "Two loaves of bread...with feyberry jam."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 03:48:08 PM »
Why do you think that this is a bad idea? I'll tell you that I've already done this with Wildfire and Dray on one or two occasions. Can you help me understand your trepidation?

(And perhaps this deserves a thread of its own?)


Jarmok smiled awkwardly at the huge man and accepted his hand. "Axe good [nodding]. You make? Most good." He smiled again.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 03:27:56 PM »
Quote from: green:fb3860482c
I think it'll be okay to do here.[/color]
Sorry, I don't agree.  I think this is a bad idea, but it's your call, since you're the GM.[/color]
nothing

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 02:29:57 PM »
"You've got a good point. Stay here and I'll be back in a moment."

Julius went towards the front of the Council House. Quickly Jarmok could see him walking across the Rosewalk and then the Wolfsong. He then disappeared down a hill. Shortly thereafter Julius appeared again only this time there was a massive half-orc with him. Jarmok could see that the Orc had an axe that positively dwarfed the Bronzewood axe that Mercer had given him. The Orc walk in steady lumbering strides. He was clearly head and shoulders taller than Julius.

Jarmok could hear Julius and the orc talking as they rounded the corner. For such a large individual the orc had a soft voice that was actually quite melodic.

Julius says, "Jarmok, this is Darius Grogan also known as Stormhunter. He is the owner and chief weaponsmith of Ore and War forges just over the Wolfsong. From what he tells me he's become a good friend of Maal's"

Stormhunter extends his gigantic scarred hand and says in a soft bass voice, "Jarmok, it's a pleasure to meet you. How do you like your bronzwood axe?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 01:41:12 PM »
Quote from: wildfire
"...How about you, breakfast?"
leave alone?" The look in his face bespoke a reluctance to leave their prisoner unattended.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 01:22:18 PM »
I think it'll be okay to do here. It's an important part of the current events that may or may not direct the next session and or future ICD's.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 12:55:09 PM »
Quote from: green:cc036c60a5
OOC: This is one of those rare occasions that skills will actually come into play in an ICD. The use of Diplomacy or Intimidate checks in talking to the prisoner IS allowed. Use a die roll or a random number generator for the skill check. Inform me of the the die roll by either including it in the ICD, sending me a private message, or email. [/color]
Or, perhaps we should be covering this in-game during the next session? Yes? No? Maybe?[/color]
nothing

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 11:35:49 AM »
"Maal you think, eh? I'd like Sayer to be here for the interrogation so that he can keep the record of what has been said. Also he can send a report to the Arch Duke Vallensun. Maal is a good choice though. She's a tough girl that won't hesitate in using force to get answers. That doesn't always work though. After all if you beat a prisoner enough he'll tell you awhat you want to hear. Which is why I want Sayer here as well. He's got a smooth way about him. As for what to do with him after I can only consult the council. Should we keep him? kill him? I don't know. If we set him loose will he go back to his camp? There are so many variables and things to keep in mind. Before I talk to the council, which I've recieved letters of their return within the next week, I want the opinion of the Protectorate."

Julius looks up at the Spike of fire burning ever-bright in the dark morniong sky, "We should get Sayer and Maal so that we can get this done. Besides, I'm hungry. I could use some breakfast at the Thornhedge. How about you, breakfast?"

 :idea: OOC: This is one of those rare occasions that skills will actually come into play in an ICD. The use of Diplomacy or Intimidate checks in talking to the prisoner IS allowed. Use a die roll or a random number generator for the skill check. Inform me of the the die roll by either including it in the ICD, sending me a private message, or email.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 11:08:17 AM »
"Just men, Think." Jarmok answered. "Not too special, would fly away, not caught."

He considered Julius's question and suggestion. "Maal." He ventured. "Big wolf?"

"What after talk? Keep? Kill?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 10:12:36 AM »
Julius nods his head, "Good. I'm nervous though. They could strike again at any time. We need to find out where they're located. Which leads me to my next point. Who would you suggest we have present in our interrogation of our prisoner? You're more familiar with their capabilities than I am. Mind you, I'm not above torture in this matter."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 09:58:11 AM »
Jarmok grunted and shook his head in negation. "Quiet." He answered. "No move."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 09:43:51 AM »
Julius looks over with relief, "Ah, Jarmok. Thanks for keeping the vigil. Was there any activity of note?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Questions
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 09:36:22 AM »
"Here" Jarmok called hushedly from his place of concealment. He stood and moved to meet Julius as the councilor came into the courtyard.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank