Author Topic: what's next?  (Read 191 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
what's next?
« on: November 30, 2005, 11:37:10 AM »
Do we have any idea where we're going next?

Our options seem to be:

1: Camp out on the bank of the river until the next full moon and watch as Belwar snacks on Zurn (and Himo (if he returns) eats off Arlen's arm).

2: Limp back to the Keep in defeat hoping to find help there...

3: Press onward to the city hoping that Belwar can make it and that we'll find help there (and somehow catch up to Himo on the way?).

Ugh!
nothing

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
what's next?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »
that might be in the DMG.
=]V[=

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
what's next?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 08:35:44 PM »
Ding, dang. I must have mis-read that chapter.

Thanks for looking it up.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
what's next?
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 04:49:16 PM »
As near as I can tell from the books it goes something like this:

Any and all character classes and races while debating the flavor of their fellows and seeking a vague immortal but useless bog witch while traveling through a tedious skunk swamp maze gain the ability to move a million miles an hour.

I think that's in chapter 8.

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
what's next?
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 09:41:17 AM »
Could someone do me a favor and look into the movement rates and how they vary depending upon whether you're walking on a road or over untamed forest?

I could really use this information. Well, actually, you could really use this information.

Thanks.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
what's next?
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 07:27:53 AM »
Well, I'm not saying we should stand where we are while we try to do something for Himo and Belwar... but the inconveniently cryptic little chit told uis it was more than several days to Gorna. We know it's also quite a ways away from the keep...

and I'm not yet convinced that we haven't found the bog witch either... Though, we never really knew that she could help us anyway.

I would say this... If we can figure that Gorna is closer than the keep, we head there... We can at least assume that the town is probably still there, whereas we don't know the status of the keep yet.
=]V[=

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
what's next?
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 08:24:45 PM »
Quote from: Matt
Welp... I've heard through the grapevine that we have things on hand to help us... Johan pointed us to the character description for Corris when he said that... there's gotta be soemthing in there that we are missing...


Okay then, so we're hoping to help Belwar ourselves, then?  You don't think we need to go back to the Keep?  If that's the case, then I vote that we begin making our way to the town again as soon as we are able. Arlen has a message that he's supposed to deliver to Corris' superiors there.
nothing

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
what's next?
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 12:36:03 PM »
Valen sneaks up on Belwar and tries to scare the hiccups outs of him, by pushing him.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
what's next?
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 12:19:46 PM »
Belwar:

blithering like an idiot and picking his nose none too discreetly, belwar rests his head on the edge of his axe. he stops to scratch his jugular with his throwing axe when he realized he's got the hiccups.
=]V[=

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
what's next?
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 12:15:29 PM »
I think that the descriptions of the various NPCs were too vague, and I'm loath to go in and change them, now being in retrospect.

Sorry.

-and-

ha-ha  :)
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
what's next?
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 11:44:11 AM »
Welp... I've heard through the grapevine that we have things on hand to help us... Johan pointed us to the character description for Corris when he said that... there's gotta be soemthing in there that we are missing...
=]V[=