Author Topic: Jarmok Returns  (Read 292 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 09:49:48 PM »
"Well, I don' much care where we talk... I jus would like ta sit an' rest fer a bit while we're a-talkin'." Maal Brengain moves towards the corner of the room and, after dropping her spear and shield unceremoniously upon the floor, sits upon an empty chair.

"Aye, there were strange grey-skinned men in the woods out there," she begins. "There is a... a maze, I guess ye'd call it, o' brambles out there b'yond Coryndar Fields. There be some new folk joinin' our Protec'trate an' I went with 'em ta investigate what th' farmers thought were bandits..."

The wildlander pauses and looks over towards the bar to see if anyone is coming over with some ale...
nothing

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 08:57:12 PM »
"unng." Jarmok began slowly. "Want know what happened? Creech-yours in fields?" He looked around cautiously then. "Not here?" He asked.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 08:27:38 PM »
Maal Brengain steps into the busy common room. "Hail, Jarmok. Ye wish ta speak with me? Shall we sit 'ere, or d'ye wish ta speak in private?"
nothing

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2005, 08:01:33 PM »
Yep - thanks, and sorry for the ambiguity.

Jarmok scanned the populated common room of the Thornhedge, but saw no sign of any of the other members of the Protectorate. He moved as unobtrusively as posible towards the serving counter and Keltan, manning his charge.

[cough] "Maal in room?" He asked quietly. He wondered how one more proficient with this tongue would ask that question; they always seemed to use a lot more words than Jarmok did. He would have to think on it, and listen more closely.

Before the half-elf could answer, the door swung wide and the lean wildlander stood in the doorway. Jarmok turned momentarily back towards Keltan and said, "Not in room." With that he turned and approached his comrade, motioning towards her to catch her attention as he moved towards the door.

"Moment?" He asked hopefully.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2005, 07:15:39 PM »
OOC: I think this can follow the Waiting for Kyle thread...
 
Maal Brengain has just left Philip Stagdrake's Bearded Beasts Leather & Butchery Shop and, after crossing over the Rosewalk, sees Jarmok entering the Thornhedge Inn.

She strides forward through the crowded streets and approaches the front of the inn, reaching her long arm out towards the handle of the door...
nothing

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005, 04:25:25 PM »
"Hugh." Jarmok glanced nervously about. "Thank you." He acknowledged this compliment then left the council house. It was fairly early, and he didn't really get all the answers that he was hoping for.

He looked up and down the busy noon streets and headed for the Thornhedge. Hopefully, Maal would be able to describe to him the odd goings-ons.

He opened the door to the inn enough that he could slip through quietly and closed it gently, casting about the common room for the tall warrioress.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2005, 04:20:57 PM »
Julius says quietly, "Jarmok, Mercer chose well when he chose you to take his place."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2005, 04:14:33 PM »
"Hugh." Jarmok grunted. "Go Home. Rest little." He rose from the chair carefully. "Thank you." He said as he turned to leave.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2005, 03:02:15 PM »
Julius smiles and says, "I did see the lights. I must say I found it quite inspiring. That same sort of display happened last Rynnyx away to the north and west. Most of the people here didn't see the light last night since they were sleeping. Some travelers saw it though and have been talking of it around town. They feel blessed to have been here at such a time. I'm telling you Jarmok this town carries a magic of it's own that no one can explain. Which reminds me, I've got to talk to Ashe on what he thinks this is about."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2005, 02:35:30 PM »
Jarmok listened intently to the councilor's words, nodding appreciatively.

"[ng], Sorry away." He apologized simply. "[Points at Julius] See lights?" He asked. "Yesternight?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »
Julius gets up and closes the door to the room. He sits back down and begins to talk. "The bandits that the farmers spoke of were not bandits at all but something seemingly more sinister. According to the report of you your companions they followed their tracks to an ancient stone circle surrounded by evil thorn brambles. Around the circle these 'bandits' were in some ritual at which point the Protecterate destoyed them. Just so you know there are some new memebers to the Protectorate. Dale who seems to be a warrior of sorts and Maccabeus who is from far to the west. He actually has a very large wolf companion who I'm sure Mercer would have found great company with."

Julius drinks from a mug and continues, "Also, Laren and Kit have taken leave to the north for a couple of days they should return shortly. I know that there's much to take in but that's what is going on."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 02:03:43 PM »
Quote from: wildfire
Would you like something to drink?"
Little Threshold. Went look today, but not see. Farmers talk bandits, see tracks, but...[wrinkles his nose and furrows his brow] not...right [looks questioningly at the elder]. What happen? Can tell?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Jarmok Returns
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 12:44:16 PM »
"Julius," the woman called out, "Jarmok is here to see you."

In the other room a chair could be heard scraping across the floor. Julius approaches the open doorway and says, "Jarmok, it's good to see you. It's a damn rare thing that you come in to town without me sending for you! But I understand that you like the peace away from these busy days. What can I do for you? please come in sit down. Would you like something to drink?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity