- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Kitchen o' the Stump

Started by fraz, September 18, 2005, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackspear

"Well, it looks like Master Julius has done quite well for himself.   Gold leaves and all."   Dale quickly raps his fist on the door with three sharp knocks.  He then stands back and waits to see Julius.   While he waits at the door, he surveys the neighborhood and tries to take note of just how close the councillor's house is to the temple of Takhisis.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

The three arrive to Julius's house. the front door is gilded with the goldleaves. A soft glow emanates from inside and lights the windows. They have a thin frame of stained glass around the paned clear glass. Smoke rises from the chimney floating up towards the colored moons. The sounds from the other parts of the town are quite sedate in this quarter of Threshold.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Blackspear

"I won't be harmin' him unless he causes trouble, but I have no patience for his kind.   They cause others to suffer in the name of their god.   They claim its to make their victims stronger, but you never see them putting themselves through torture to become stronger.  On the contrary they always inflict their pain and suffering on others.   It just rankles me that we're gonna have to deal with this guy's crap!!"   Having explained himself, Dale composes his demeanor to meet with Julius.  Although he hasn't completely ruled out a well time dope slap to the councilor's forehead.   In his head he can't help but thinl"UGHH!  What a moron!......... I hope Julius ain't one of them.....Ughhh!"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

fraz

"Get a 'old o' yeself, man! Keep yer wits aboot ye!"

Maal Brengain pauses and turns to face Dale, "Let's no' judge tha' fella by wha' 'e represents... let us judge 'im by 'is actions."

The wildlander's eyes narrow and her face hardens, "We can keep a close eye on 'im, an' if'n 'e gets out o' line then we'll show 'im how ta be'ave." Her scarred upper lip curls upward into an ugly sneer, "Sound good?"

After a pause, "All right, Hawkhaven's house is just up this road..."

Maal Brengain steps past Dale and leads the way down the last stretch of road to Julius' door.
nothing

Wildfire

The group passed by the Knightstar Armory and came to a split in the road. To the left was a road leading to the Doubeck's Festhall, The Temple of Shadows, and Ashe's house. To the right the road quickly split again. Maal remembered that Julius's house was to the left on that second split.

In actuality the road looped around creating a large loop and going down on of the roads would lead one to exit by the road not taken. Julius's house was towards the back of the loop.

The streets here were sparsely lit by lanterns and the noises from the forest seemed to be better heard around here. Occasional walkers would nod their hello and quietly continue their stroll through the wealthier section of town. The houses here were magnificent in their grandeur. Even the smaller ones had ornaments that spoke of the owners deep pockets. some of the doors were gilded with the gold and copper leaves from the unique trees that grew here. This was a lavishness that these three people had rarely known...if at all.
Wildfire

Blackspear

Dale begins to speak in a very agitated and animated manner, "So which house is Julius' anyway?   and what on Mahiya is he thinking?  Who does he think he is, inviting  a sewer rat like that Severen to town?  Does he like pain and suffering?   Our job is tough enough with rat men and strange beasts that defile Mahiya and others that look like flying snakes.   Is he crazy?  Inviting a priest of Takhisis to town.  Nothing good will come of this.  Mark my words!   Nothing Good!!"   Completely exasperated, Dale looks around at Maal and says "Where are we going?   You go ahead and lead the way.....Priest of Takhisis.....what a jackasss!!!"
Blackspear

fraz

Maal Brengain follows Dale as they make their way over the Wolfsong and turn towards Julius Hawkhaven's house. She glances back only to make sure that Laren has kept up with her...
nothing

Wildfire

[color=green:5bf0340f0a]OOC: Someone...anyone involved in this post. It's your turn...[/color]
Wildfire

Wildfire

Stepping on to the river island locally known as 'The Foot' the group hears some music and laughing coming from The Cliffside Inn up ahead. The area is well lit from the lantern on the Rosewalk, the Wolfsong, and the Spike of Fire on the other end of the island. this part of town is slightly more sedate than eastern side but still active. From across the river noise can be heard flowing from a large building known as 'Doubeck's Festhall'.

On the hills and cliffs surrounding Threshold light from houses and from firepits can be seen twinkling amongst the dark of the trees. The moons are rising in casting an odd mixture of colors into the sky and passing clouds.

Ahead is the Wolfsong Bridge and beyond and to the right is a quieter quarter of Threshold. Many of the buildings and houses here are grander than the commoner sections of the town. Still, all are welcome if intentions are peaceful.
Wildfire

fraz

Maal Brengain turns away from Severen and follows after Dale.
nothing

Wildfire

"Please," Severen says, "Don't let me keep you. If you would, give Julius my regards...and keep an eye on your friend. With his approach to people such that he offered me he could find trouble quicker than he's ready to handle."
Wildfire

fraz

Quote from: wildfireSeveren looks to the Spike of Fire and says, "You must be impressed with the display Kossuth offers to Threshold, Maal Brengain..."

"Indeed, I 'ave ne'er seen anythin' quite like it b'fore," replies Maal Brengain as she gazes up at the tower of flame stretching toward the sky. "It's an impressive display o' th' pow'r o' Kossuth. I'd like ta talk to ye more aboot Takhisis too, but I should be gettin' along ta Julius' house... As Dale said, we 'ave some import'nt buisness ta report on."
nothing

Blackspear

"Seeing as how you won't be causing any trouble around here, you won't have need to address me....
Well Severen, I hope you have a peaceful stay here in Threshold, because if ya don't, I'll be "Severen" your head from your shoulders.   If you'll excuse me, my friends and I have some urgent business to take care of.   Have a pleasant evenin' now."   Dale smiles with a toothy mock grin at the priest, gives a short wave of his hand and strides off towards Julius' house.
Blackspear

Wildfire

Severen looks cooly at Dale and says, "As long as you take no special preference to trying to bash my head in over any one else's then I respect your place and position in this town. As for being here...I was sent to replace the the priest that was here before me. I understand the there was an extermination of sorts in regards to certain folk...Priests among them. So whether or not I have followers makes little difference since I am here as a representative to maintain the balance of power between all of deities."

Severen looks to the Spike of Fire and says, "You must be impressed with the display Kossuth offers to Threshold, Maal Brengain. Oh, and your name self proclaimed basher of heads? What would your name be?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

As he waits for Severus' reaction to his threat, Dale thinks to himself, "This guy needs to go.   What the hell was Julius thinking, inviting this piece of dung to Threshold?  Is he trying to test his new protectorate, or is he secretly working against us?  I think I might have to go cuff him upside the head once we get to his house.   Followers of Takhisis are bad news.   Priests of takhisis are pure evil.   Moron...Aren't Ratmen and followers of Zyxu Archeon enough excitement for one little backwater hamlet?    Why the hell is this place attracting so much trouble?"
Blackspear