Author Topic: Mid Afternoon Return  (Read 223 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« on: July 24, 2005, 09:47:30 AM »
Duthash Albyr Aryor- Valley Year 237

Mid-Afternoon.

You walk out of the Forest into Coryndar Fields. Kossuth is still hanging high in the sky and with the slight burning of your eyes from the ash it seems all too bright. You see several farm tenders vigilantly working the fields trying to earn a living. Out in the clear light of day you notice that you all have ash and dust covering your faces and bodies.

Sayer quietly hopes that there is a laundry service at the Thornhedge, Wolf seems to have relaxed after exiting the defiled grove of thorns, Maal is laboring with every step but manages to carry on, Dale's mind is racing to think of what the name of the that stone circle is and where or what he might research to get the answer, Ragnar is walking with a bit of pride at having unleashed his talent, and Maccabeus brushing the dust off of wolf and himself while walking. You are all unusually tired and weary and would like nothing more than a drink to wet your dry throats.

As you walk into the open fields you see the ash and dust flying off of yourselves with every step and breeze. Some of the field workers notice your emegence from the thicket and gather in various companies of two to four people. You see that they point at you and talk inquisitively amongst themselves.

Ahead is the large barn of Coryndar Fields.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 08:56:10 PM »
Quote from: himo
can i still get experence for going through and editing the day? 8)


May it serve you well! :D
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

  • Guest
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 08:55:02 PM »
can i still get experence for going through and editing the day? 8)

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 08:53:56 PM »
Ditto, Himo. thank you for the effort, but I think it best to start anew.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 08:50:06 PM »
Excellent job Himo!  :wink:

Although, I think it would be better to restart in "A Dusty Return". Characters may have different actions and spoken words depending on what is posted when.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

  • Guest
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 08:42:25 PM »
Ok this post is slightly messed i will take this time and try to fix it 8O .
[color=#444444:09225fd6a1][/color]Mid-Afternoon

            You walk out of the Forest into Coryndar Fields. Kossuth is still hanging high in the sky and with the slight burning of your eyes from the ash it seems all too bright. You see several farm tenders vigilantly working the fields trying to earn a living. Out in the clear light of day you notice that you all have ash and dust covering your faces and bodies.

Sayer quietly hopes that there is a laundry service at the Thornhedge, Wolf seems to have relaxed after exiting the defiled grove of thorns, Maal is laboring with every step but manages to carry on, Dale's mind is racing to think of what the name of the that stone circle is and where or what he might research to get the answer, Ragnar is walking with a bit of pride at having unleashed his talent, and Maccabeus brushing the dust off of wolf and himself while walking. You are all unusually tired and weary and would like nothing more than a drink to wet your dry throats.

As you walk into the open fields you see the ash and dust flying off of yourselves with every step and breeze. Some of the field workers notice your emegence from the thicket and gather in various companies of two to four people. You see that they point at you and talk inquisitively amongst themselves.

Ahead is the large barn of Coryndar Fields.
 
 
next post:    Ragnar thinks to himself "what to should I do?" while surrfering enough from his desprate need for water also belives he must consult Hawkhaven on this matter and quickly decides to consult Hakhaven first and heads of down the road to do so.

next post:    Dale informs Maal, "I would like to meet Ashe, I've heard a lot about him. I will go with you. We can trust Ragnar to report to Julius for now. We can visit him later to fill in any details that he might forget."

foloing post:   The mid-day sun burned in Maccabeus's pale eyes. He looked to the ground and squinted, placing a hand of Wolf's shoulder and caughing again on the cloud of ash thus produced.

His mouth was dry and foul; he was equally sure that Wolf's was too. Having passed this area only yesterday, he knew that countless vernal streams ran down from the mountains and through these foothills to feed the noisey river that ran along side the road into the city. That would be his first priority, personally. He realized that the tall folk would doubtless need to report back to their boss in the city, but they did not need him for that.

Raising his slowly-adjusting eyes to the fields around him, shading his brow with his hand, he cast about the fields. There, behind them and to the south, just south of the sorrowed bramble patch, he espied a break in the flora at the edge of the field. That would be where one of the vernal streams fed this field with a natural irrigation waterway - and this time of year it would be flowing high.

"I'm going to get cleaned." He croaked to his companions. "Hayi," he added, coughing, "water." Wolf perked up and strode along with him.

It was but a short distance to where Maccabeus had spotted the stream, and it gurggled happily as it flowed into the fields. Maccabeus was removing his hide armor as he approached its banks. His bedroll, spear, dagger he cast upon the bank and splashed full into the invigorating, chill waters. Shallow though it was, it was plenty deep to attend Maccabeus's needs; standing in the middle of the stream the waters ran about him up to his armpits. He dunked full under the water, rubbing his head vigorously to dislodge the ashe that had settled upon him. Wolf pounced on his friend happily and the two splashed for a time, field-workers glancing nervously as they were not accustomed to seeing such a large wolf, and so close to their flocks.

Emerging from the water, much refreshed, the pair moved stone's throw upstream and drank deeply of the clean near-freezing waters. Maccabeus took some care to rinse his water skin and refill it with fresher water.

Anyone want to swim? Depending upon the reactions of the rest of the cast, I have a couple of routes by which Maccabeus is likely to go.

post contiued:    Maccabeus took his bedroll, opened it, and dunked it repeatedly in the cool water, rinsing the ash sediment from the thick, heavy wool. He then spread the blanket out on the grass to dry in the mid-day sun while he and wolf lay back, resting from the morning's ordeal.

   next post:   Maal Brengain will accompany Dale back to the large barn and will stand by silently (as is her way) as he talks with Jared MacDougal.

Once the business there is complete, she will walk back to the town (slowly rather than briskly, I would think).

If Maal is aware that Dale will be reporting immediately to Julius, then she will trust in him to make an accurate report and will make her way to Ashe's home (where she hopes to find some treatment for her mysterious "evil magic" illness [lowered CON ability]).

If she is, for some reason, not aware of Dale's intent, then she will report to Julius first upon arrival in the town before making her way to Ashe's home.

post after:     Jared, somewhat concerned, approaches and addresses the rest of the group, "Is everything alright? You're all covered in dust! What happened? Who was back there?" His eyes pace from face to face looking for answers to his questions.

Some of the nearby field workers begin to approach with insatiable curiosity.

folloing post:    As Dale accompanies Maal to Ashe's home, he thinks that he would like to get into the habit of scribing some scrolls as circumstances allow. He would like to build a small reserve of scrolls for when he gets into trouble. Dale comes to the conclusion that he can scribe scrolls at night on the days after he has not spent his prepared spells. He does the math and realizes that he can currently scribe as many as three scrolls. He intends to start in a couple of days. After he reiinvestigates the standing stones.
Before Dale and Maal reach Ashe's house, he asks her "What is your homeland like and why did you travel to Threshold?"

next post:    Ragnar after having a meal at the inn heads to ashe's house to see if ashe cantend to his wounds where he meets up with dale. "hello" ragnar said slightly surrprised to see dale here not so surprised to see maal though. "nice to see you to here because I was wondering if you are willing to acompany back to the bramble. I would like to see how its doing and just to make shure that nothing else plans to live in the stone temple?"

post folowing:    Dale turns to see his strangely colored and shimmering friend enter the herbalist's home. "Hi Ragnar. Going back to the brambles sounds interesting. Maybe we can go tomorrow. We should probably invite Macabeus and his wolf. I don't think that Maal will be ready. She took quite a hit today! Let's not bother with that noble fop. All he's good for is tossing his stones and running to hide when a fight breaks out." Dale chuckles at his own joke and puts down the dried root that he had been puzzling over while waiting for Ashe to finish tending to Maal. "Maal's almost done in there. I think... Its been a while and Ashe keeps experimenting with different remedies. I'm glad I wasn't foolish enough to break that symbol. Your idea of hucking the other symbols into the stones wasn't half bad.
Say do you know where I might get a baldric for my quarterstaff? My last one broke on the journey to Threshold.
Did you talk with Julius? What did he say?"

my new post! (finaly):   " no i wish i could help you find a newbaldric for you staff" "but with more pressing maters i'm glad you to are going back to the bramble!" " i myself was going to go back a check on the bramble"replied ragnar "but first i came to see if ashe could tend to my wounds" " I had taken a nasty sord swipe" Ragnar greets ashe with a nod of his head and finds a spot to sit.

Alright heres my fixed version and i guess well take it from here!

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 08:37:37 PM »
It is moving a bit quicker than I had anticipated. I think that originally Blackspear was posting internal thoughts and it was misunderstood and then escalated. I'll start it again in "A Dusty Return".

We should try to take it one step at a time. No Harm, no foul.
:wink:

What has been posted can still be used (cut & paste), just post in due order.

I do like the enthusiasm...but in turn. No one is a frog (except for Xorn) or a rabbit so let's not jump ahead.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 07:33:45 PM »
Quote from: green:f4338e9859
I may be overreacting here, but this thread is totally discombobulated. Am I the only one reading this?!?

Could we please take this one step at a time? Please?[/color]
Yikes!  Hey, I'm just going with the flow.  I removed my post (the one answering Dale's question), and will repost it at the proper time and in the proper chronological place when we get back there again.

If you want to restart this post then go for it.  I think perhaps it should be up to Wildfire, since it's his post (and his game!).  Again, I'm just goin' with the flow here.[/color]
nothing

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 06:47:52 PM »
I apologize, but I feel the need to move to restart or rewrite this thread for chronological clarity.  Folks have moved far too quickly. Maal & Dale are on their way to Ashe's while Dale & Ragnar are already at Ashes! Dale has described plans to talk to Maccabeus once they are back in town, but he has no idea what Mac's plans are!

Were this to have been handled in "proper" fashion, you would know that Mac's plans don't include returning to Threshold (just now)!

Jared asks "What's up?" and Maal answers  a question due to be asked hours hence.

It's obviously great to have such a level of enthusiasm, but it's getting too far out of whack. Obviously, this is only my opinion, but  stuff that is to happen, that I, or Phin may want to affect, could very well impact the actions and conversations that you've already had!!

I may be overreacting here, but this thread is totally discombobulated. Am I the only one reading this?!?

Could we please take this one step at a time? Please?
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »
Jared, somewhat concerned, approaches and addresses the rest  of the group, "Is everything alright? You're all covered in dust! What happened? Who was back there?" His eyes pace from face to face looking for answers to his questions.

Some of the nearby field workers begin to approach with insatiable curiosity.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 04:25:57 PM »
You're content to walk all the way back to town (which, I guess, is only a mile or two) with all that ash in your hair, eyes, mouth, nose...?

Otay!


Maccabeus took his bedroll, opened it, and dunked it repeatedly in the cool water, rinsing the ash sediment from the thick, heavy wool. He then spread the blanket out on the grass to dry in the mid-day sun while he and wolf lay back, resting from the morning's ordeal.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 04:06:04 PM »
Quote from: green:2f3d41460c
Anyone want to swim? Depending upon the reactions of the rest of the cast, I have a couple of routes by which Maccabeus is likely to go.[/color]
OOC: Maal is not feeling up for a swim.  As stated, she plans to return to town immediately upon resolving business with Jared.[/color]
nothing

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 02:36:26 PM »
Woah, folks. can we slow this down? Blackspear, you've outlined some fine plans, but let's allow the opportunity to all of us to submit our actions upon exiting the brambles :!: Several folks already seem to be a day or two ahead, and we haven't even seen what we're all thinking in game-time.

To wit:


The mid-day sun burned in Maccabeus's pale eyes. He looked to the ground and squinted, placing a hand of Wolf's shoulder and caughing again on the cloud of ash thus produced.

His mouth was dry and foul; he was equally sure that Wolf's was too. Having passed this area only yesterday, he knew that countless vernal streams ran down from the mountains and through these foothills to feed the noisey river that ran along side the road into the city. That would be his first priority, personally. He realized that the tall folk would doubtless need to report back to their boss in the city, but they did not need him for that.

Raising his slowly-adjusting eyes to the fields around him, shading his brow with his hand, he cast about the fields. There, behind them and to the south, just south of the sorrowed bramble patch, he espied a break in the flora at the edge of the field. That would be where one of the vernal streams fed this field with a natural irrigation waterway - and this time of year it would be flowing high.

"I'm going to get cleaned." He croaked to his companions. "Hayi," he added, coughing, "water." Wolf perked up and strode along with him.

It was but a short distance to where Maccabeus had spotted the stream, and it gurggled happily as it flowed into the fields. Maccabeus was removing his hide armor as he approached its banks. His bedroll, spear, dagger he cast upon the bank and splashed full into the invigorating, chill waters. Shallow though it was, it was plenty deep to attend Maccabeus's needs; standing in the middle of the stream the waters ran about him up to his armpits. He dunked full under the water, rubbing his head vigorously to dislodge the ashe that had settled upon him. Wolf pounced on his friend happily and the two splashed for a time, field-workers glancing nervously as they were not accustomed to seeing such a large wolf, and so close to their flocks.

Emerging from the water, much refreshed, the pair moved stone's throw upstream and drank deeply of the clean near-freezing waters. Maccabeus took some care to rinse his water skin and refill it with fresher water.

Anyone want to swim? Depending upon the reactions of the rest of the cast, I have a couple of routes by which Maccabeus is likely to go.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Blackspear

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 326
    • View Profile
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 01:27:24 PM »
Dale turns to see his strangely colored and shimmering friend enter the herbalist's home.  "Hi Ragnar.   Going back to the brambles sounds interesting.  Maybe we can go tomorrow.   We should probably invite Macabeus and his wolf.  I don't think that Maal will be ready.  She took quite a hit today!   Let's not bother with that noble fop.   All he's good for is tossing his stones and running to hide when a fight breaks out."    Dale chuckles at his own joke and puts down the dried root that he had been puzzling over while waiting for Ashe to finish tending to Maal.   "Maal's almost done in there.  I think...  Its been a while and Ashe keeps experimenting with different remedies.   I'm glad I wasn't foolish enough to break that symbol.   Your idea of hucking the other symbols into the stones wasn't half bad.  
Say do you know where I might get a baldric for my quarterstaff?   My last one broke on the journey to Threshold.
Did you talk with Julius?   What did he say?"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

  • Guest
Mid Afternoon Return
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2005, 08:23:17 PM »
Ragnar after having a meal at the inn heads to ashe's house to see if ashe cantend to his wounds where he meets up with  dale. "hello" ragnar said slightly surrprised to see dale here not so surprised to see maal though. "nice to see you to here because I was wondering if you are willing to acompany back to the bramble. I would like to see how its doing and just to make shure that nothing else plans to live in the stone temple?" 8)