Author Topic: Dance the Night away...  (Read 840 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2005, 12:00:37 PM »
Again, loudly enough for most of the people around to hear, "Practicing hiding in shadows?"
=]V[=

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2005, 11:56:04 AM »
Trinity looked over at Mel and smiled at his puzzlement. "No, I have no girl at home. I like boys, halfling b..."

"You lose something?" From behind them they heard Elberrin shout. "I noticed you were looking around."

Mel and Trinity turned and could only see a shadow move in the darkness.

OOC: Switch camera to Elberrin.

Elberrin sees Gage jump at the surprise. Gage turned to Elberrin and said, "Well uh, um, no I was just...hey Elberrin!" he said suddenly recognizing who he was stammering too and walked over to him.

"Just enjoying the beach at night," he said as he reached him.

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2005, 11:33:06 AM »
Actually, I was watching that thread (until I again lost all of the posts since my "last visit" again), but Mel certainly wasn't watching it...

Mel was brought up short (no pun intended) by Trininty's question and gave her a "what the hell does that have to do with eating bugs" look. "Bleauhh..." He stammered, caught off guard by the invasive question "Well, ah, no." He befuddledly answered at last. "That is, I mean, well, no." He answered again. "Ummm...do you?" Mel's brain siezed at that moment.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2005, 11:19:18 AM »
OOC: AH, then you were not paying attention to "Watching Gage" post. Nevertheless, Mel notes someone is there.

Trinity giggled again, "No, no, no, it's my turn," she said. She had her hands down by her sides, on the large log they sat on near the fire. She lifted up her right foot, holding her leg straight out and watching the fine beach sand sift through her toes.

"Do you have a girl back home?" she asked, watching the falling sand.

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2005, 11:05:44 AM »
I had actually assumed that Mel was not aware of any odd individuals standing near by. The GM hadn't said anything about it.

"So ask, I'm not stopping you. By the way, how *did* you meet Amallia?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2005, 10:29:58 AM »
OOC: I am assuming Mel has noted that a man he doesn't know is standing about 20 feet away in the shadows. He knows not why he is just standing there. For Johan's information (what Mel doesn't know): At this point in the conversation, Elberrin is just getting up and excusing himself from the party fire.

"Well," Trinity hesitated, "I think the reason that...hey wait a minute, it's my turn to ask a question." She stated matter of factly.

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »
Mel looked up at the heightening cacophony and screwed his face up. "It's funny," He said. "They're always on me about being loud and robust, but just try to have a civil conversation and they get all raucous." Mel surveyed the group of rowdies, noting who had followed him (becasue it's all about Mel anyay) to this previously tranquil gathering.

"So a ranger, eh? What is it about that profession that appeals to you so?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2005, 08:17:45 AM »
A group of more adventurers make their way to the fire, some of them clapping and cheering T'riad on.

T'riad notices Arnine is amongst them, she hasn't sat and is instead looking about the revelers with a look of concern.

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2005, 07:17:37 AM »
T'Riad gets to the group of frolicking fire dancers and starts to go into a series of spins while juggling three smooth stones. He asks one of the girls sitting on the edge to toss him a few more while he weaves among the dancers around the fire.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2005, 07:18:16 PM »
Trinity raised her hand to her mouth and giggled some more.

"Well, first of all, I am not as young as you may think I am. A lot of people mistake me for a child as I am so petite," she paused and leveled her hand over her head and waved it over Mel's, accentuating the 6 inch difference, even though they both sat.

She laughed, "Well petite to at least Griznuqs anyway."

She continued on through Mel's obviously feigned hurt look. "I am 15 summers. I came over here on the Amistad with my father who is a cook in the kitchens. It is my hope to become a Ranger so I can get away from the dishwashing duty my grumpy father thinks is the only honest work suited for a woman."

There was a little angst in her voice, an element that returned her to moving the sand around with her big toe as she had spoke.

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2005, 04:37:26 PM »
Mel raises his voice in indignation, "What was the first question?!?!? The hell, weren't you listening?!? You think *I* was?!?!" He laughs too. "Well," he begins again, settling down a bit. "I guess the first question might be what brings you to the Isle, so young and far from home?" He stares expectantly at her.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2005, 04:25:06 PM »
Trinity giggled until she was red in the face. For more than a few moments she was almost doubled over with laughter. Finally she regained composure, sat back up and looked at Mel with tears of joy in her eyes and a wide grin.

?What was the first question?? she asked, giggling.

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2005, 12:45:07 PM »
"Oh..." Mel responded, watching with great interest the precise foot placements of the young girl, ostensibly ensuring that they might not step upon some hazardous rock. "Well, it's always good to meet new people; to make new friends." Mel looked up to the sky, the stars winking down in that way that they have.

"How shall we get acquainted?" He asked smoothly. "I know! I'll ask a question, then you can ask me one! It'll be much like a game!" His eyes rolled playfully into his head as he asked, "Tell me, what brings you so far from home at such a tender age (are you really as young as you look)? What do you do here? How did you meet Amallia? How did you meet Elberr*I*n (I thought I heard something to that effect)? Elberrin's a nice guy, but he's a little old for his age, if you take my meaning (wink). Is it true that you rode an eagle all the way here from Dullstrand? Are you a bird tamer? Why are you laughing? Has anyone told you that you have a musical laugh? Do you play an instrument? Do you sing?"

Mel looked at her expectantly, waiting as patiently as he was able for her to finish laughing before he proceded, saying, "Well, that's my first question." He then grinned widely.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2005, 11:47:42 AM »
"That will do just nicely," said the young Trinity and took Mel's arm.

OOC: This is where we will split interests within the same thread as Elberrin may now be involved in a separate occurance.

Elberrin watched the young girl take the arm of the shorter, but much older (he noted) halfling. She walked away from the fire and was led off by Mel to sit next to a quieter one. Meanwhile at his fire some others had started dancing to the tune he had started, and other players were now continuing robustly. He was about to return to playing when he noticed Gage was standing at the edge of the firelight with a disgruntled look upon his face. He followed the line of his gaze and realized it was towards the very same fire Mel and Trinity just sat at.

To make matters worse, Gage, not aware of Elberrin's watchful eye, left the "party" fire and started walking towards the quiet one. Towards Mel and Trinity.

Meanwhile....

"I don't require any help Mel," Trinity said shyly as she watched herself moving around beachsand with her bare toes. "I just asked Amalia if we could be introduced."

She blushed and stopped talking, watching her toes wriggle in the sand.

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dance the Night away...
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2005, 08:48:32 AM »
Quote from: Dray
She leaned close to Mels' ear and whispered. "You are not wasting my time, can we sit by the fire a moment to talk?"


"Of course we can." He looked around at the ensemble gathered and noted the heightening noise. "Pehaps we should adjourn to the boring fire yon (pointing to one of the fires that is visited by a less raucous crowd than the one where they are), I'd be better able to hear how I might help you." Mel raised his eyebrows questioningly at her and held his arm wide to guide the way.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank