Author Topic: Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies  (Read 224 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« on: June 02, 2005, 12:53:51 PM »
This Thread begins at the end of the "Jarmok Questions Kit" Thread.

Quote from: wildfire
Oddly, they seem distantly familiar.
But are they the very same ones?[/i] He questioned himself. He owed those good people much, he knew.

Jarmok backed away from his vantage amidst the thickening trees and wended his way to a more distant spot, finding one where they would not be surprised by his sudden appearance.

Emerging from the trees, a bowshot or more from the travellers, he approached them, his eyes darting to a fro in an attempt to find someone familliar.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 09:32:32 AM »
The end.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 07:47:42 AM »
Looking at the ground you see that it has had much activity. Any particular "Rawling" tracks that you look for are lost in the crowd, so to speak. The activity in the town is growing and people are moving about. you can smell breakfasts cooking which reminds you that you're near the Thornhedge Inn. Down the the road is the stable house that you went to when first brought on to investigate the Rats. A sense of history is developing. You may not know where you're from but you get a sense that you are, indeed, home.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 01:35:57 PM »
"This home now." Jamrok says, still crouching on the ground. "Need help, I help. People find me. Watch for man Rawling - take care."

He watches Sasha return to her people, then slips back toward the trees to look for signs among them that either a large rat or a human walked therein.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 01:22:21 PM »
Sahsa reaches over and quickley rubs away the symbol. Barely audible, she says, "That is the symbol of the Dark Eye...the one they call Takhisis...the God of Shadows and Evil. That symbol holds black powers. Some say it can see you through this symbol...always watching. It can draw you in if you look at it too long." Sasha looks back to the morning fires, "I must go back to my group now. Whenever you want to talk I'll be here for about a month more. My tribe is going to the Valley for the upcoming holiday. We'll then pass through again and stay the rest of the summer. Jarmok, please be careful. Few have ever escaped the slavelords...fewer still have lived to tell...beware of the Dark Eye...it endlessly watches." Sasha gets up to go...
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 09:39:48 AM »
"Is...well, just is." Jarmok smiles as best he can at Sasha, then holds up a long, thin finger to her, grunting. He clears a little spot in the dirt and draws a crude picture of the eye that is tatooed on Ragnar's hands - the mark that had stirred Jarmok upon meeting the giant.

"What means?" He asked Sasha, pointing at the enscribed symbol.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 08:03:33 AM »
Sasha sort of turns her head to the side and closes her eyes a bit. She whispers, "I've seen many like you from where I come. You're the first I've seen beyond the border. My homeland...ensla...enslaves your kind." After she struggles to get the words out she wipes tears from her eyes. She stares out blankly and quietly says, "I've seen terrible things done the slaves there...I was always helpless to do anything. If anyone ever spoke out against it they would also become slaves." She kneels down in front of Jarmok, "I'm sorry I couldn't help your brothers and sisters..."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 04:38:25 PM »
"[size=9:40c4651087]grunt[/size]...very." Jarmok answered, nodding his round head. "Make many troubles."

Jarmok squatted to the ground, apparently coming to ease with his new acquaintence, and looked up at her face, sillouhetted against the growing day. "Know my kind? From your house?" He asked quietly.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 04:25:08 PM »
Sasha looking a bit concerned says, "i don't remeber seeing anyone like that...is he dangerous?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 01:07:53 PM »
Quote from: green:2642ceb530
Sense Motive although I have no modifiers.[/color] He looked for a moment at the lightening sky, then had a thought.

"Looking for man with broken Kazbourne tabard..." he waved his spidery hand in front of his chest for emphasis. "Was near last week. Very dangerous. You see? Maybe north on road?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 12:26:07 PM »
"Oh! i was just holding them out to show you no harm. Usually your kind are very untrusting...and with good reason. If you like, that could be our greeting. Would you like to come and sit with my people? We have some hot food and cold water..." she points over toward the morning fire and the dancing troupe.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 12:48:16 PM »
Jarmok fidgeted a bit as he apparently thought of a suitable answer.

"[size=9:e7f372aa60]*grunt* [/size]Lately." He said at last, then looked at her hands and smiled. "Is greeting?" He asked, mimicing her hands-palm-up presentation. "What I do?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 12:40:30 PM »
She steps closer to Jarmok keeping her hands out palms up. She turns her head to the side slightly and says, "Well, Jarmok for us everday is a celebration since we left the lands to the east. Many of my people are there. Some leave...others are... So is that where you're from?" she says quickly moving on to something apparently less distracting.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 09:13:01 AM »
'...mmm Jarmok." He replies. "Was looking for people I know. Knew." He raises and eyebrow and smiles wryly. "Look and sound like you. Not see since last Sythus." Jarmok smiles and looks over the woman's shoulder.

"Sell-a-brayshun? Go to valley?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Jarmok Approaches the Gypsies
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 08:14:51 AM »
OOC: yes, typical

The woman continues to smile and says, "Oh you're not bothering anyone." she says in a familiar accent. "My name is Sasha. What's yours?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity