Author Topic: Dinner at the Stump  (Read 1843 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2005, 07:49:46 PM »
"Well, as I said, I will go along if Julius, my employer, endorses it," Maal replies, her voice softening just a little bit.  "Yer idea is a noble one, Kit, if maybe a jus' lil' premature."
nothing

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2005, 07:46:41 PM »
"Is good." Jarmok stepped in quickly. "Have healer, Ashe. Learn, have more. Holies return soon. Hope. Say again: Grumbar gone (right hand held high), no healer (shrugging), some go. Need (meshing his fingers together) work 'gether."

He looked more closely at the young lady who seemed to be having so much inner trouble. He thumped his chest lightly, saying, "Have promise stay. Have owe." He then poked a long finger at Kit, saying "Need wait. Pay-shence. Holies be back. Meet haf-way?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2005, 07:37:58 PM »
Kit sharply turned her head and looked at Jarmok. She bit her lip and began to stammer, "um, nothing is wrong...I just think that um...I think that we should look more into finding some priests is all."

She looked about the group. They stared back at her, like people watching a wagon wreck.

A single silent tear escaped from Kit. She looked down, her face flush once again. Her eyes cast down on the ground she whispered, "I just don't feel comfortable serving the town without healers around." She said as another tear escaped her.

Suddenly, a strong scent of jasmine became on apparent to all, drowing out the smell of warm chocolate and white candy. Kit visably shuddered. She then closed her fists and eyelids tight and began a quiet, but audible rythmic breathing.

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2005, 07:31:31 PM »
Maal Brengain only stands and watches silently...
nothing

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2005, 11:27:06 AM »
Watching the dynamics of the small group, Jamrok became disconcerted; something was clearly different from what it seemed. He fixed the mercurial Kit with an inquisitive stare and asked, "Kit, what wrong?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2005, 07:29:29 AM »
"How could they think all is normal, if they all left? They would...." Laren paused to suck some melted "Chocolate" from his finger.

"They would have stayed if all was normal. Besides, I'm sure they know what's best. They're probably watching over us with their priestly magic." Laren paused again and shuddered.

"Creepy Priests... Hey, what about some of that un-raised bread they were serving at the stup? Sort of like a cookie, but more like bread... that would be perfect to hold this stuff together. Anyone have any of that?"
=]V[=

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2005, 07:25:05 AM »
"Should we um.... what if...." Kit was at a loss for words. She fidegeted as Laren showed Jarmok the dark looking candy.

When she spoke it was at a quicker pace, her voice revealing worry, "Well, what if they aren't aware of what occured here this past Venric. What if they think all is normal here....or something." There was a slight desperation to her voice now.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2005, 06:47:43 AM »
Quote from: Dray
"But what if they are afraid or not able to return to us? Should we seek them out to evaluate the situation?" Kit said a little sharply.
If a whole mess of experience priests are afraid to be here, the I say we should be to. And if they are not able to come back, then I don't want to go waltzing over to see what's keeping them."

Laren paused for a moment and said in a slightly lighter tone, "Now, what I DO think we should do is put some of this brown sugary confection on some of that white goo candy." Laren digs into his jacket pocket and pulls out a bar of something wrapped in wax paper. "

I got this at the bakery. I forget what he called it. I noticed that as it gets warm it starts to melt though. Maybe we use something to hold the two together...?"
=]V[=

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2005, 10:13:35 PM »
Maal Brengain stands tall holding her spear at arms length.  A small gust of wind suddenly blows her long dark hair across her face and she swiftly brushes it back over the top of her head with her right hand.

"Julius an' th' Council Members 'ave hired me to protect this town an' tha' is what I plan to do.  If they assign me to make th' trek to th' Valley an' escort some priests back to th' town, then so be it.  Otherwise, I plan to stay righ' 'ere an' collect me coins..."

After a pause, she adds with indifference, "Beyond that, I have no loyalty or obligation to this place or these people."
nothing

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »
"But what if they are afraid or not able to return to us? Should we seek them out to evaluate the situation?" Kit said a little sharply.

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2005, 09:08:59 AM »
"No anger." Jarmok holds a staying hand towards the incindiary wildlander. "Gentle night, why hurry?"

He then fluidly turned to Kit, saying, "Holy back when back. Laren right (gestures to the little man at the fire): Ashe good heal. Make babies, fix hurts."

Again he let out that long groan/sigh that seemed to serve so well as a place holder for him, eventually picking up the thread again. "Kit right too. Pee-pul need holy. (smirking widely) Some pee-pul." He corrected himself. "But valley long way (holding his right arm straight, indicating a southerly direction). If there (still pointing), not here (pointing emphatically to the ground)."

He looked around at the companions arrayed around the fire, their skin glowing ruddy in the dancing illumination. "No go (shaking his head slowly). Holy are wise (pointing to the side of his head). Be back when back (shrugging)." It seemed that Jarmok was finished with his speech, but he rather suddenly perked his head up and raised a long finger, adding: "When Grumbar gone, if Holy not back, we talk, maybe go, but not all. I stay to pro-tekt." He holds his arms wide, his palms up, as though in supplication.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2005, 07:02:30 AM »
Laren became a bit uneasy. "Oh I dunno. There are medics for things like that, and any healing that's to be done Ashe seems to have under control. Bones heal themselves over time. Besides, priests make me nervous.
=]V[=

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2005, 06:46:53 AM »
Kit smiled at Laren. "Well, that's why I want to journey to the Valley. Julius said that the priests live in peace there. Since all of Theshold's places of worhsip are closed because of the Casters Disease, I was thinking that they may be reluctant to come back here. I was hoping we could convince them too."

She looked around at them all, her embarassment forgotten.

"We are going to need them here not only for our well being, but the health of the community as well. How else will every day malodies be cured? Babies be delivered? Broken bones be mended? Not to mention the blessing of the gods. Without the houses open for worship, have the gods turned a blind eye onto this city? Will this city survive such a curse?"

Kit had become animated in her speech, she was almost breathless when she finished.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2005, 06:37:09 AM »
As if it had just become aparent to him, Laren says "Gee, you know, I haven't seen a priest in... well a long time, anyway."
=]V[=

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2005, 04:55:26 AM »
Kit looked down at the ground completely flushed with embarassment. Lightly brushing her chin with her hand she spoke again, at first in a whisper. "Where was I? Oh yes. Anyway, with our need for healing becoming more apparent, I was wondering if we could take a journey to acquire some priests for his city."

She looked at her fellows in the firelight, trying to gage a reaction. Not having one she continued, "I spoke to Julius, he knows of a place we could journey to if needed."