Author Topic: Dinner at the Stump  (Read 1259 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2005, 03:11:50 PM »
Maal steps towards the warmth of the fire.  Her face and demeanor seems grim and her scarred face appears slightly contorted in the dancing firelight.

"I think we need to hunt down and kill Rawling as soon as possible.  As fer the items... Some of that belongs to that man Julius was talkin' to... Getty, yes?  I dunno who the rest belongs to... nor do I care much, either."
nothing

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2005, 01:25:45 PM »
Between breaths, puffing the fire to life, Jarmok says "Been hunting Rat-man..." *puff* "...not find. Need do fast." *puff* "Not have items..." *puff* "...thought you give back."

Jarmok sat back on his haunches and tended the burgeoning flames within his small fire pit. The night was full upon them and the sky was alight; Akadi, just past full and the smallest of the three moons, bathed the sky blue, its light playing with the quarter-full Istisha's green light while Grumar, which, like Akadi, was just past full (but was by far the largest of the three) sat bathing its two smaller brothers in its own tanish luminence. All three were waning.

Jarmok enjoyed watching the three orbs dance in the sky. Mercer had told him that Grumbar would disappear entirely come the next equinox and he was eager to see that - or not see it, he reminded himself entertainedly. At that equinox Akadi and Istisha would both be full, but Grumbar would be absent. At the other equinox, which had only just passed, all three were full.

Suddenly, he realized that he was drifting off on a sharp tangent and brought himself up. This would have to wait. He looked expectantly around at his companions to see if they had any thoughts on these two preliminary topics of Kit's.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2005, 12:46:36 PM »
"No, this is fine Jarmok. Personally, I have been couped up inside during the long Venric anyway." Kit said as they surrounded the circle. Laren started making a wood teepee in the circle, and with a little help from Jarmok, soon had a nice fire going.

"This is much better." Kit said as she held her hands to the warm fire. She continued. " I wanted us to get together so we could talk about what we have done these past days, and what we plan to do. To name a few. Rawling the Rat Man is still on the loose and should be found. The items found on the boys we saved, have the owners been found?" she asked looking about the group.

"I have other questions, but let's start with those."

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2005, 04:40:50 PM »
It's in Dray's hands - he responded to an e-mail to that effect.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2005, 04:29:02 PM »
is this post going to continue?   :wink:
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2005, 04:28:23 PM »
The scene spins into the camera, then out again, resolving in an exterior view of a rustic cabin situated in the solitude of the forest above Threshold.

Jarmok leads the way back over the Rosewalk bridge, out behind the shops and residences on the east side of Threshold. Leaving the night life and the noise behind the small company treds into the thicket, arriving within half-a-hand at Jarmok's estate.

"Is home." Jarmok said as they approached the small building. Grunting, he then drew the compaions' collective attention to a small fire circle several paces from the front of the cabin; a small pile of wood, apparently fuel for a fire was piled somewhat haphazardly next to the ring of stones. "Make fire, talk? Or too cold?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline fraz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 368
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2005, 03:29:35 PM »
"Well, then lead on, Jarmok."  Maal stares at Jarmok expectantly...
nothing

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2005, 02:04:27 PM »
"Yeah" laren said.
=]V[=

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2005, 01:59:14 PM »
"Ugn." Jarmok nods his acquiescence.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2005, 01:56:28 PM »
Kit stopped giggling behind her hand at Laren and said, "This is as good time as any to talk about a bunch of things we can do for this town. If none of you mind, let's go to Jarmok's home and get all our thoughts together."

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2005, 09:25:21 AM »
"Guard House not ready; maybe next month. Kit want quiet alone-place, Inn not good. Can go to Fire Spout if talk quick. If long talk, can go home."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2005, 12:08:28 AM »
"Secrets??" Laren gets a grip of himself and decides he's drank enough. He dumps the rest out on a bush to keep from drinking it.

"There was a fly in it." He explains

"No, there are no secrets, but if someone should happen to hear something about were-rats or lizard men in the town, they may panic. Better to avoid that."
=]V[=

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2005, 09:49:07 PM »
Revealing a little more about himself than he meant to, Laren says "Too easy to hear through walls. People listen at inns all the time. Wouldn't wanna climb in a window with someone in there sharpening a knife."

Realizing what he just said, Laren stops putting the beer mug to his lips. "It's an old saying... I've heard it... from... someone else... who heard it from a blind turnip merchant... who was crazy..." (yep, a natureal 1 in bluff!)

changing the subject he says "Guard tower sounds like a better choice... How do you know it will be empty?"
=]V[=

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2005, 12:11:07 PM »
"Sounds good to me Jarmok, as long as no-one else minds. I don't want to speak for anybody." Kit said, looking over his shoulder.

hehe - couldn't resist.

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Dinner at the Stump
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2005, 11:52:52 AM »
Not to get back on topic or anything like that here, but...

"We maybe use guard house? Not empty yet, but good place. Empty soon. Now, I have home away from people. Use that?"

Jarmok stuffed more of the wonderfull meat into his mouth, looking for concensus from the companions.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank