Author Topic: Laren and the Apron  (Read 181 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« on: May 10, 2005, 07:50:53 AM »
Laren gets up early as usuall, but not so early as to catch Garret in his shorts again... Laren shudders...

Coming up to the stump, he taps on the window, standing on his toes, just peering over the sill trying to get Garret's attention.
=]V[=

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 04:23:12 PM »
"and I'll probably be here..." Garret said with a smile.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 01:35:57 PM »
"Alright, great." Laren says, finishing his juice. "I'll be back, I'm sure."
=]V[=

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 12:32:08 PM »
Garret nods his head in understanding, "Okay, that should be enough to go on. I've heard of this Eye...it's said to have the powers of the Seers. How anyone would know I'm not sure since it had been guarded by The Masked in Kulryk Wood for who knows how long." Garret takes a long drink of Feyberry juice, clears his throat, and whispers, "I'll get in touch with the network tonight and get try to get some answers"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 08:39:11 AM »
"Oh uh, my father was hired to... aquire... the Eye of Portence but he decided to try to get rid of it. That's when Crimson... got mad, I guess you could say... But I touched it before he got rid of it."
=]V[=

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 01:17:20 PM »
"i hope your suspicions about your Mom are wrong...she's a good woman. She had to be to stick with your Dad!  And what eye are you talking about? i ask because the more specific the info the better chance of finding out about your father."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 07:44:05 AM »
Laren had been trying to forget about his mother.

"My mom... To be honest, I don't know my mother's true fate, but I'm sure she's no longer of this world. I sorta saw her being killed."  Laren breathed deeply and mumbled a little louder than he had meant to "I never shoulda touched that stupid eye..."
=]V[=

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 04:37:19 PM »
"no, of course not! i don't don't know how that rumor got started but i wish it had been by me! drink it...it's good. a bit rich but very good for you. Ashe knows how to make the juice into a healing potion! well, i don't know if it's a potion of arcane sorts but it may as well be. i think he has a few bushes in his yard but i'm not sure. Anyway, i'm hoping to recieve word in a few. Someone HAS to know some..th...." Garret suddenly stops midword. "What about your Mum?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 01:00:56 PM »
"Oh, good, thanks!" Laren takes the Feyberry juice and hesitates before sniffing it...

"It... They don't really..." laren fumbles uneasily for the words.
=]V[=

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 12:55:58 PM »
"well, i reached out to some contacts for some information surrounding your Dad. This is a tricky thing...you never know who you can trust in this biz. it's not unknown for a member of the Order to turn on us. However, to do so would certainly be their end. still, it's a dangerous art. the last thing i want to do is to alert anyone that you're here. hopefully i'll get some word in a few days. here, have some feyberry juice."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 12:46:21 PM »
Laren scratches the back of his neck as he enters, holding the apron in his left hand. "Yeah, there was some trouble with some lizard... things... Very disturbing. Sorry about the apron."

Laren hands Garret the apron, freshly washed. "I washed it last night before bed."

"You know, you don't have to make me breakfast before the kitchen opens, I just come to be among friends. And friends that I don't strain my neck to look in the eye. If I could help out, I will... I probably shouldn't commit to something that I can't just put down at a moment's notice."

Laren begins to take chairs down off of the tables.

"Anything interesting happen since I was gone? Other than the stuff I was involved in, I mean..."
=]V[=

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Laren and the Apron
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 12:39:26 PM »
Coming from inside Laren hears Garret say in sarcastic tones, "Gee, i wonder who that could be? Who would come to the Stump at such an early hour before the fieldtenders take their leave for the days work? Could it be Julius?...no, he would come later. Could it be Levin? No, he would have snuck in. I know! it's got to be..." the door swings open and Garret continues, "...Laren. Please come in. Breakfast? Uh, my silly head. Of course breakfast...hehehehe". Garret shouts towards the kitchen, "Eldan, please tell me that you put Laren's breakfast on the skillet..." From in back is heard, "of course brother, i wouldn't forget Laren..." Garret turns back to Laren and says, "So, how did everthing go yesterday? you left here in sort of a hurry. From what i hear there was a little girl found by the she-man....i mean, the Wildlander, yes?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity