Author Topic: Post Thoughts - Session 5  (Read 345 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« on: March 07, 2005, 11:49:33 AM »
Aug 7 plans: Well, I believe after some brief discussion, the majority did vote to return to base camp after the latest centipede encounter.  Erin is spent as far as healing spells and we don't have Amy with us, so another encounter out in the wild could turn deadly...

Aug 8 plans: Erin will defer to the more experienced spelunkers in the party on how to proceed with the dungeoneering.

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 04:26:44 PM »
we'll need to get rope, climbers kit's, grapple arrows,...uh, anything else come to mind?
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 04:02:55 PM »
Excellent, this is what I had thought you intended.

Didn't you know that the entire Isle was developed Johan? Now, if I only could get it all on paper....

 :wink:

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 08:45:57 AM »
I think it was too...

Unfortunately, Elberrin is not all that interested in that. He will go as it is his assignment, but he's more interested in the wildlife above ground.

*I* on the other hand am VERY interested in what's on the other side of the chasm.
=]V[=

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 08:45:29 AM »
Absolutely, but I wouldn't want to leave anything behind us as we move forward.

And BTW, I would submit that we should get a small cadre or dwarves in to start sealing off the centipede nest. that's going to have to happen anyway, and they can be doing that immedeately.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 08:42:08 AM »
I thought that the main focus was going to be getting into that hall across the chasm and continue exploring.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 08:29:45 AM »
Quote from: Dray
If you have time, regurgitate some thoughts so I can be more prepared for Saturday.


I thought you had pretty much had "your fill" of things being regurgitated. Do you mind if we simply gurgitate? Do we really have to do it *again*?

The plan, as I see it is: finish looting - I mean, *exploring* - the dormitories in the North Hall, then jump across the chasm to the South Hall dorms. Hopefully, that's the co-ed one.

And, just for clarity, what do you mean by "more prepared"? Weren't you prepared last time we met? Or was that just a bluff? If it was a bluff, I must say that you rolled masterfully - my sense motive was completely unhelpful - I actually thought you knew what you were going to do...
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Dray

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 07:00:38 PM »
The rails were as Matt remembered, only visable for a few feet until they went back under the earth.

So, when we play on the 11th of June, the plan is to finish exploring which side? Will you be asking for more personel now? Or after you finish exploring?

If you have time, regurgitate some thoughts so I can be more prepared for Saturday.

Danka

Offline Johan

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2062
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 04:51:14 PM »
So here's a thread that was posted over two months ago. I apologize; I don't recall ever seeing this thread. My guess is that it was lost when I had come back from my "vacation" and my computer crashed, causing all of the posts that were "since my last visit" to be reset.

I thought that the thoughts that I had shared with Ivan were mine; *stupid hobbit* [bashing self in forehead]

In any event, I'm not real keen on following the rails. My recollection of the image that was left in my mind was akin to Matt's (earlier). They are mostly buried. I didn't get the impression that we could really tell where they were going, much less follow them (it's one of those "they go into the hill" sort of things).

Mel would be eager to get to the other side of the Chasm. I'll bet the Elb can shoot a decent arrow that far (250 feet across and 90 feet up means an hypotenuse of 265 feet. That should be well within his range. Mel is only 30 lbs, he should be able to scurry across the chasm pulling a second rope along, which he will tie off on the other side to allow others to follow.

Keep me covered.  :)
Better yet, does anyone have an invisibility spell (or ring) they can spare for the tip across?

After we completely finish this side, to Wildfire's point.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 04:57:41 PM »
they had to have lead somewhere...
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 04:55:59 PM »
The picture of the rails that I had in my mind were like, there was an earthquake, and they were twisted and torn from the ground at one end... for some reason... I don't know. yeah, you are probably onto something following them though.
=]V[=

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 04:54:24 PM »
i thought that they were just overgrown. either way we can still follow them to see where they go.

What are the possibilities of dismantling the lazers in crossfire alley? i'm thinking that it's not that great.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Offline Griznuq

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1720
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 04:47:04 PM »
Quote
1) get into the underground on the other side of the chasm and continue exploring. maybe build a stable way into the chasm entrance by way of bridge across, ladder down, winch and platform (this would require more time than i'd like to spend).
2) follow the rail tracks to their destination. methinks that they will lead to the mines that Dave and Decal were reassigned to or to the giant waterfall (the fall of lost souls) or to both possibly connecting them.[/quote] I think that I may be unclear on this... I had thought that there was a small length of rail coming out of the ground, like, one end is burried, and the other end coming out and going for a few feet, and going back under again... I will poke through the log, to see if I can find the description later tonight. If someone gets there before me, can you post a quote of it in here??
=]V[=

Offline Wildfire

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2288
    • View Profile
Post Thoughts - Session 5
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 04:31:22 PM »
i think that for the sake of being able to say for sure that we completely explored the underground we should completly explore the underground.

After that i see two directions that are outstanding in my mind:

1) get into the underground on the other side of the chasm and continue exploring. maybe build a stable way into the chasm entrance by way of bridge across, ladder down, winch and platform (this would require more time than i'd like to spend).

2) follow the rail tracks to their destination. methinks that they will lead to the mines that Dave and Decal were reassigned to or to the giant waterfall (the fall of lost souls) or to both possibly connecting them.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity