Griznuq Gaming

D&D Campaigns => Forest Keep => In Character Discussions => Topic started by: Johan on January 13, 2009, 07:19:58 PM

Title: A Scout's Report
Post by: Johan on January 13, 2009, 07:19:58 PM
Upon her return to the Keep, Tavish found it easy to locate Cannotaine to give her report. The Master of Scouts was busy conveying orders to Jorj, another of the Keep's young scouts - this one was a large half orc who Tavish thought must have been born in the depths of the forest.

"Report back to me within the week." Cannotaine was finishing.

Jorj grunted his understanding and wordlessly strode off towards the gate.

Cannotaine's eye fell upon the young half elf lass and he smiled slightly. "Welcome back, Tavish." He said. "You have anything to tell me?" Of course she did; and she knew that he was fully aware that she did. This was just his way of giving her the floor.
Title: A Scout's Report
Post by: Griznuq on January 22, 2009, 07:42:09 PM
OOC: Is this an interlude? OR did one of us whitness this?
Title: A Scout's Report
Post by: Johan on January 23, 2009, 07:05:07 PM
Tavish is Wildfire's character in the game that we played a couple of weeks ago with the second boy. This ICD is a result of that session.
Title: A Scout's Report
Post by: Wildfire on January 29, 2009, 07:06:01 PM
Tavish saluted the Scout Master with respect. It was a formality that was hardly ever enforced within the ranks of the forest runners but Tavish felt it to be a sign of acknowledgment in the master’s skill.

She pulled the ornate decanter from her backpack and held it towards the woodsman, “The mission was a success Master Cannotaine. There was some trouble in the cave but as you can see, we’ve returned.”

The young scout felt that the mission report was minor in comparison to what the party discovered while on the retrieval. Her concern first and foremost was for the forward safety of the garrison. What was revealed could be a threat to that. “Locating the cave with the water spring was of little difficulty but what we discovered on our way there will interest you I’m sure.”

“About a day’s travel out, we found a camp not too far from our night camp. They had a fire at night and also spied on us. We never got a good look at them but they weren’t very big and their eyes glowed red.” Tavish looked at Cannotaine for any sign of revelation in the wise mans face. He did seem genuinely curious. “We tracked out to the camp in the morning to see what we could and it was emptied…though well used. Eager to complete the task at hand, we traveled to the cave.” Tavish privately wondered if she was being too formal. Cannotaine was the master of scouts after all. Perhaps she could be less rigid with her speech. Better to err on the side of caution she surmised.

“Well, on our way back we encountered them…they were bold enough to make an attack. Though they weren’t very strong by themselves…in great numbers I feel they could be significant. We tracked back to the camp to find supplies and this…” Tavish pulled the tarnished brass brooch with the twisted face from her pouch and held towards the venerable scout. “I’ve never seen this before but it can’t be good. It think they are bound by some sort of organization. As for the supply crates, from my deciphering, the main tracks brought them southwest. Have we sent any scouts in that direction or gotten any reports from that area, sir?”
Title: A Scout's Report
Post by: Johan on February 02, 2009, 04:31:38 PM
Cannotaine took the decantur from Tavish gratefully. "Thet's a good job." He said appreciatively. "An' welcome beck asides." He added.

He listened with apparently growing concern as Tavish continued her report. Shifting the dacantur to his right hand, he reached out with his left and took the button from Tavish's outstretched hand, examining it as the young scout continued her report. "Neh." He said as his presonality became a mote more developed. "I never seen it's like. I'll hefta talk to the commander onnit." He looked at her meaningfully then. "I'll like heve anuther job fer you soon, then." He said.

"Inna meantime, go and git you some food and rest. Ya look a-fright." He smiled his best friendly gap-toothed smile.
Title: A Scout's Report
Post by: Johan on February 17, 2009, 05:31:49 PM
Yo...dude?
Title: A Scout's Report
Post by: Griznuq on June 05, 2009, 01:44:51 AM
I'll let you guys figure out where this falls in the chronology thread I'm about to post.
Title: A Scout's Report
Post by: Johan on June 05, 2009, 11:54:01 AM
This is actually ocurring in the future, relative to the main game. As I recall, Crew Belwar are right now heding out to the Garachi on thier mission to remove them from the dwarven ruin that they're in.
Title: A Scout's Report
Post by: Wildfire on June 07, 2009, 12:01:43 PM
My apologies, I didn't realize there was a reply...no red dot.

Tavish nodded without a smile. “Thank you sir. If you need any assistance as to the lay of the land or otherwise, I’ll be here.”

Tavish felt slightly out of place being at the keep. Her place was in the wilds. The keep, being in relatively unknown land, was far better than being in a town or, Ehlonna forbid, a city. It seemed unnatural to her to be smelling the fires of a forge and hearing the bustle of an army. Even to eat her food at an inn was odd to her. Her meals were mostly from fresh kills over an open flame.

Tavish was a soldier though and she put her personal preferences on the back hearth for what was a greater mission. Her charge was to help the keep gain a foothold against the reported gargan in the area. The satisfaction of spilling their muddy blood offered her great comfort and was worth the sacrifice of her simple pleasures.

Tavish made her way to the inn and in scout fashion, instinctively peered inside to see if the area was clear and safe. Satisfied that no harm would come to her, she entered the door feeling crowded by what felt like close walls.
Title: A Scout's Report
Post by: Johan on June 08, 2009, 11:41:52 AM
Not sure that there's any more to this thread. Wildfire?
Title: A Scout's Report
Post by: Wildfire on June 08, 2009, 08:14:28 PM
I pretty much figured this to be the wrap up