- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.22.2132 - A Saturday Night Interlude

Started by Dray, April 13, 2008, 01:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

"Well," He answered. "The best way around that is to wear a big bruise for a few days." He looked at Renee meaningfully.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

"Athol isn't due back until tomorrow night," she said off-handedly, still make no move yet to dismount from her rent-a-horse.

"If you don't check in tonight, you will be bruised the same on the morrow as you would this eve, would you not?" she querried in the same fashion as Temmit.

Johan

"Well, same as last night, I'm thinking that I wouldn't be too missed if I don't return at all tonight...I guess at this point there's only trouble if I return. You have any ideas of where I can rest for the night?"

Dray

Renee smiled at him.

"Truth be told, I wouldn't mind having the company in the dungeon this evening," she said and dismounted.

"Let's walk the rest of the way, these horses will head straight to the livery with a good spank on the rump." She began to unstrap her backpack from the horse.

"Tomorrow morning I need to wake early though," she continued talking while hefting the backpack over her shoulders. He could tell that the poison had weakened her, for she appeared weary despite her effort to speak with authority. "I think I will speak to one of the guilds contacts. See if I can get some feathers ruffled in the Lakeshore Guard. At the very least get some papers shuffled in order to mask the trail we made this evening, perhaps even divert it away from the two of us."

She held onto the horses reigns, knowing that they would want to move quickly another direction after letting them free. Her other hand played with the hole in the center of her shirt.

Johan

"Perhaps we should report the horses as stolen?" Temmit suggested. "That would help to divert attention from us on this end. The only thing to address then would be the guard that we spoke to up in Lakeshore, and he only saw us at night, in a snow storm. We might be covered from that end anyway."

He seemed to consider himself for a while. "And don't worry: I'll awaken you early."

Dray

"I don't want some unknown in the Guard contingent able to come back to us for further questioning though. I do like the idea however. I will ask my contact to have a subordinate enter our false stolen report in one of the logs at the outer guard posts," she said and then gave him a mock scowl.

"You going to sit on that broken beast all night?" she teased.

Johan

Temmit dismounted mechanically. He certainly wouldn't have been mistaken for the best rider in any competition.

"Renee," he asked, "do we have contacts among the government or local constabulary who used to be part of Whisper? You know...before we were Whisper?"

Dray

"In the military we have just one other besides the Captain Athol, and it is he who I speak of," she replied. She then spanked the horse on the rump and it trotted off towards the road.

Temmit did the same and then joined Renee in an attempt to jog through the snow, heading east and into some trees that were away from the road. After a few turns she slowed down to a walk, with a few extra running steps he caught up to her and she continued their conversation.

"We do however have some important confidantes in some key buildings throughout the city. Each individual is either a former member of TAO or the unnamed resistance group before it." she said a little out of breath. Temmit looked west through the trees and could see that they still were parallel to South Road and still heading north to the city. Over the next rise he surmised they would see the city lights.

Johan

"Did you just tell me that Athol has gifts?" Temmit asked.

Dray

Renee turned her head quickly to Temmit, "Huh?"

He gave her a moment to think about the question, noting how tired she was.

'Poison took more out of her than she is letting on I think,' said Smokey, and Temmit had to agree.

"Oh...no, that isn't what I meant," she said, shaking her head in an effort to clear it. She then continued to walk and Temmit followed alongside.

"Although, your misunderstanding..."

'...you mean your poor choice of words...' Smokey interjected.

"...brings up a good point. Not all my contacts for the guild are actually whisper members. The Captain for example knows nothing of my magic or anyone else's, thankfully".

Johan

"Hmmm..." Temmit mused. "I would think that there have to be members out there...one would wonder that we didn't keep track of each other year to year, you know?" He asked rhetorically.

"Given the trail of gifted, you might think that there would be an "older" guild...with graduates and outright adults at this point. A cabal of sorts. For instance, you must still know a few folks who graduated last year, and they would know someone who graduated the year before, and so forth. Names anyway."

"For all that we do here at school, I would hope that efforts don't lapse...people don't just stop working...after graduation."

Dray

As Temmit contemplated out loud Renee didn't interrupt, familiar with Temmit's thought process, she let his 'out-loud analysis' and conjecture play itself out.

They walked a few turns and she looked over at him a few times, wondering if he was truly clueless to the obvious or whether he was being coy and now awaiting more specific answers that he so rightfully deserved.

Johan

Blow my focus to read her emotions

Sense motive: 12 (which sucks, since I have a +10 on it!!)

Dray

Temmit could see the internal struggle in Renee's body language, she seemed to want to tell him something but was holding back.

Johan

I saw that already, schmoo! Talk to me about her emotional state: Scared? Embarrassed? Ambivalent? Lusty? What?