Main Menu

The Weary Road Home

Started by Wildfire, February 05, 2006, 10:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

"Wait. Need think. Look around."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Blackspear

"Well met Svenia.  I'm Dale and we're a newly formed protectorate of Threshold.  Julius formed our group and with his blessing we have come here to attack these Xan Thakian troops and try to find you.   You are welcome to as much water as you like.   Would you like some food too?"  Dale quickly unties the leather cord that binds his water skin to his belt and hands the water to the halfling.   Dale then continues speaking by introducing the rest of the protectorate to Svania.

Once the introductions are over Dale asks "Were there many soldiers or apprentices with the dark priest?"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

The gnome that was a prisoner approaches and says, "Hello, I'm Svenia Goodwink. I'm one of the council memebers of Threshold. We all thank you for helping us get out of that dirty prison. I must warn you that the three priests that we were brought here with were taken into the depths. I do not know their fate. There was a priest of Paladine, Istisha, and Sardior." She wipes some grime from her cheeks and continues, "We were captured on the road between Xuad'Tarn and Threshold I think four days ago...it's so hard to keep track of time in the dark. Anyway, before we were put in the cell we saw what I think was a dark priest judging by his interest in the other three priests and his fashions." Her voice gets dry and raspy and she says, "I can not say for certain if the three priest are still here but when I last saw then they were being taken to the other door. Do any of you have some water that I can drink?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

Kit's entire leather ensemble, from the tip of her boots (just under the hem of long skirt) to the top of her head was covered dots of blood. An arrow wound in her arm was still bleeding profusely, as she had not yet tended to it.

"What of the prisoners? We cannot ask them to go into the depths." she asked.

Blackspear

Dale nods in respect to the wildlander.   "Aye Maal. I knew you'd be willin to go.   I'm not afraid of death either.  I think we can get at him if we go down into the keep.   He's too big to fit through human size halls and we can bottle him up.   He won't be able to use his tail if we face him in a human size area.   If we keep our distance, we can just fire arrow after arrow into him.   If we let this guy go we will regret it later."
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

I'm in. Lets kill this sucker. Maby well kill Xanthakos pride with him! Bring it xanthakos!!![color=green:2cc3ab9ef5]color]OOC:Theres a joke where a comidian says he got really ill and was scared of dieing and he though about John Wayne and how he keps cheating death. So the comidian says "Johyn Wayne got shot and death Came knocking at John Wayne's door"
Death:Come with me your going to die
John beats him up
John gets cancer *knock* *knock*
Death is a the door and says: you've got cancer. you'll die come with me.
John beats him up
then something else happens and john wayne beats him up.
so basicly were doing the same thing

This isn't the real joke lines. I'm just trying to get the point across. please feel free to justify this joke so its more the real joke then it is now.

fraz

Maal Brengain leans down and gathers up her dropped weapons. She picks up her blood covered, antler-tipped Wildlander spear, and slowly and painfully straightens up proudly to her full height.  Thanks to Kit's healing potion, the Wildlander's two deep shoulder spear wounds have closed up and healed over on the surface, leaving a pair of fresh scars.  Yet she is covered almost head to toe in fresh blood - mostly her own - and her hair is matted with sweat and blood.  She still has several smaller non lethal wounds that continue to ooze blood.

With chin held high she responds to Dale, "Aye, Dale, I would follow ye inta th' bowels o' this acursed place ta' face tha' beast-man agin', but only if'n we're all in agreement an' can pursue him together as a force."  Maal's black eyes narrow and she meets Dale's glare with her own as she continues, "Ye mus' unnerstan', Dale, if'n he is indeed in there, he 'as retreated inta his lair... it is where he is most dangerous!  Any hunter knows the risk o' attackin' a cornered beast in it's lair.  Are ye truly willin' ta take tha' risk?  Are ye ready ta die!?  If'n we go in, there may be no escape for any of us.  I, meself am no' afraid o' dyin'." Then, with a final sneer of defiance, she adds, "In fact, I welcome death!"
nothing

Blackspear

Dale addresses the assembled party.  "Listen everyone, I think Vervishcook went into the fortress.   He jumped off of the cliff, but there is a small beach below the cliff.    He probably went into a riverside entrance to the fortress.    The river is too strong and often too shallow for him to swim.   And I know he didn't simply vanish.   I think we should get in there and try to finish him off.   He was looking pretty hagard and that's why he ran away.   HE WAS SERIOUSLY WOUNDED!!!   AND HE WAS AFRAID OF US!!!

Looking at Ragnor,  then Kit and Sayer, finally settling on Jarmok and  Maal, Dale continues,    "I know we're banged up, but I think we should attack him now while we have him injured.  If we let him get away, he will just come back here with more men and they will shore up the defenses of this place.  We'll never succeed then.   We need to kill him now and try to destroy this fortess as best we can!!   Maybe we can light fires inside it so that they at least can't live inside of it."

"The prisoner back in Threshold told us to expect twenty men including Vervishcook.   WE KILLED TWENTY MEN!!  If Vervishcook had more soldiers here, they would be attacking us right now!   There is no one else to help him."

Dale looks every person in the eye.   He stares particularly hard at Jarmok and Maal.  "I know you two are hurt really bad, but we need to strike now when he's weak.   Don't let this bastard escape and come back with more men.   WE CAN DO THIS!!!!"   Dale voice gets very gravelly as he yells and he gives a very animated pump of his fist to emphasize his words.    "ARE YOU GUYS WITH ME?!!!

Dale stares particularly at Maal, challenging her not to back away from a fight.

When you're done reading this post, please read my "Is Vervishcook in the fortress"  Out of Character Discussion
Blackspear