- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Waiting for Kyle

Started by fraz, September 19, 2005, 10:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraz

Duthash Zinnyas Voldyn [7 May]

[color=green:b5633d3daa]This takes place after Maal Brengain leaves Ashe at the Thornhedge Inn in "Aftermath".][/color]

After going for a brief swim in the Fogveil, Maal Brengain dresses, grabs her spear and shield, and makes her way back through the busy streets to the Rosewalk. She crosses the bridge onto the Foot and begins heading towards Philip Stagdrake's leather shop, but suddenly hesitates...

She wants to talk to Kyle, not Philip. How will she get the young man away from his father without Philip knowing? Maal alters her stride and instead walks to the Cliffside Inn across the road from the leather shoppe. This could work. I could jus' get meself sumthin' ta drink 'ere an' wait fer Kyle ta hopefully come out or maybe pass by.

Maal makes her way through the heavy traffic to the front door of the inn and enters, seeking to quench her thirst...
nothing

fraz

Quote from: green:890a610a26OOC: The End?[/color]
OOC: I think so. Thanks![/color]
nothing

Wildfire

[color=green:db8491e59c]OOC: The End?[/color]
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

fraz

Maal Brengain only rolls her eyes upward in response to Philp's comment.

"Kyle," she calls out, "come find me later when you're done with your work." With that said, she turns and heads outside.

She heads back towards the Thornhedge where she plans to sit for a while and enjoy an ale.
nothing

Wildfire

"Ooo...that does look like it hurt" Philip replies. "Well I'd love to stay and talk but I've some eager customers here and more come in by the minute. Kyle, I need you to get some stuff from the loft. Maal," Philip says leaning in close, "Thanks for doing this. He needs something to give him some control. He's been sort of wild since his Mom died."
Wildfire

fraz

"Eh? Well, we should begin with some, uh, defense," answers Maal Brengain. "He needs ta learn how to protect hisself properly first. He wants ta learn how ta use th' spear, but we'll need ta start with some long sticks instead o' sharp spears. Tha's somethin' I didn' get ta do, meself. When I learn'd, I was taught with real weap'ns."

"This," Maal points to her scarred upper lip, "was th' result o' one o' me first mistakes." Her scarred lip curls upward into an awkward, sneering smile as she continues, "I learn'd th' hard way! But I ne'er made tha' mistake ag'in."
nothing

Wildfire

Philip furrows his brow and says, "Ah...well that's kind of...unexpected. I don't know...he's been, well, irresponsible lately. Haven't you Kyle? He's been giving me nothing but grief for the last few weeks. Still, something like this could do him some good...give him some focus and control. I'm going to say yes...but on some conditions..."

Kyle eagerly says, "yeah, anything..."

"...your chores are finished for the day before practicing, you mind your studies, and you do exactly as Maal instructs to become as skilled as you can. Is it a deal?"

"Sure it's a deal!" Kyle says with a smile.

Philip says, "I trust you'll take care of my boy when you two are out...you have before. What are you going to teach him first?"
Wildfire

fraz

"Aye! Th' quiver is jus' fine, thank-ye," Maal Brengain responds as she greets Philip Stagdrake.

Her gaze locks onto his and, in her brutally straight-forward style, she gets right to the point of the matter:

"Uh, Philip, I ca' teach Kyle 'ere how ta fight an' defend his-self if ye will let me. He's eager ta learn... an' he ca' show me a thing or two aboot leather-workin' too, I'm sure. What say ye? Will tha' be all righ' with ye? He insisted tha' we asks ye first."
nothing

Wildfire

Over the Wolfsong and around the corner the two walked. There they wer at Bearded Beasts Leather Shop. Kyle opens the door and the place is being perused by customers. Philip is showing his wares and Kyle's younger brothers are at their tables working the craft.

Across the room Philip says, "...it's a fine buy. Great quality at a decent price. You won't find that in the city. Excuse me for a moment." Philip smiles at the other patrons and walks over to Maal and Kyle. "Ah Maal, good to see you. Thanks again for pulling this troublemaker out of his own stew. I don't know what gets in his head sometimes. All in all he's a good kid. How's the spear quiver? Does it work well?"
Wildfire

fraz

"Alright then, let's go see 'im right now b'fore I change me mind agin! I'll talk ta 'im an' try ta make 'im see how important this is."

"But I don' know why ye think yer Da'll listen ta me. No-'ne at 'ome ever did listen ta me an'... well... er," her voice trails off. "They jus' ne'er listened."

"Let's go!" Maal Brengain turns on her heels and starts heading back across the Wolfsong.
nothing

Wildfire

"Yeah! I can do that. I've been working leather since I was a wee kid. I can make just about anything from saddles to armor to bracelets. My Dad has to help me sometimes though...I don't know all of the tricks you see. So, I'll ask my Dad and when the time comes we can meet...er...where do you want to meet? My house...The Thornhedge...where?"
Wildfire

fraz

"Indeed, tha' sounds like a fair trade," answers Maal Brengain as her tough demeanor slowly returns. "I've been fortunate - only a few scrapes and bruises so far - but sooner o' later me armor 'er's," she thumps her leather chest plate with her right fist for emphasis, "gonna take a few knocks an' be needin' some repair.  If'n ye ar' able ta do it fer me, then all th' better."

The Wildlander takes another bite of meat and chews noisily with her mouth open.
nothing

Wildfire

"Yeah...you're probably right." Kyle says disappointedly. "Hey, y'know what? I'm pretty good at crafting leather, although my Dad wants me to help with the fields sometimes...he says that knowing how to grow crops can be very handy, anyway, if there's anything that you might need made or repaired as far as leather goes [color=green:4f9605d2ed]OOC:Keep the jokes down![/color] I can do it. It'll be sort of a trade for one craft to another. Isn't that what Wildlanders do? That what Fergus says."
Wildfire

fraz

Maal Brengain is still a bit shaken up. "Er... Well... Look, maybe we should give yer Da a few days ta cool off first, eh? Whaddya think? There be no rush ta start this, so let's talk agin in a couple o' days. Let's do tha', all right?"
nothing

Wildfire

Kyle bends his head down and looks at Maal's face. Nervously he says, "I...I don't want to be any trouble for you. But I don't want to get in trouble again either. Look, I really want to do this. I'll talk to my Dad. You don't have to come with me when I do. He knows you...after all, he made the spear quiver for you. It should be okay. I'll meet you in Little Thresh in the mid-afternoon, okay?"
Wildfire