- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

A New Day Dawns

Started by Johan, January 17, 2006, 01:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Ashe smiled as he had so many times talking to Jarmok. He loved to answer questions about things he had such a passion for. "The bronzewood has qualities that act as magic. You could say that it is magic without the magic. It's sort of Mahiya's blessing on Threshold. You've no doubt seen the Goldleaf Trees on the ridge. Well that's where it comes from...those trees."

"I remember when I changed for the first time. I felt like my head would explode!" Ashe laughed. "As with anything it just requires practice...Ah, here we are."

Ashe stood at the side of the river away from the bank. Jarmok could see nothing that would indicate they'd arrived at any special location.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Jarmok stared quizzically at the bronzewood trinket that Ashe held up. He held his bronzewood axe up in response.

"Is majik in bronze-wood?" He asked. That made sense, as much as anything, he supposed. That would be why, as Mercer had said, it is only given to a trusted few, and why it is so difficult to work - it had great magical properties.

"Can control now." He answered as he followed Ashe through the underbrush. "Get ache [holds the sides of his head] and bad feel [palms to stomach]. Need rest after. Try bear, perhaps, and cougar too." He suggested.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

"Let's walk...not too far down the river to...well, you'll see. Is it normal for your people? I don't know. It's apparently normal for you. Normal for me too. I know that with those of my...kind..." Ashe holds out his bronzewood carved holy symbol, "we change as we learn to get closer to Mahiya. So too it may be with you. As you learn to melt into your surroundings your surroundings and the creatures within them melt into you. You become at one with them. Does that make sense? If it doesn't now it soon will. Can you control the change?"
Wildfire

Johan

[color=green:aeb9e4151b]Actually, I meant that Ashe would likely be turning off the road to get to the "back door" of the Ring about now. But, this works too. :) [/color]

"Having dreams." Jarmok started. "Am animal. Wake up in tree, on wood pile, in forest...[head bobbing a bit].

"Raw-lin' very fast, [points thumb into chest] can't keep up. Then, I...change to wolf." Jarmok tried to gauge Ashe's response, and by the herbalist's raised eyebrows he knew that this was either not normal for his kind, or that Ashe had never known it [color=green:aeb9e4151b](correct me if I'm wrong here)[/color].

"Went away for two [two long fingers held up] days. Can make change. Was bird, saw lights at Little Threshold. Then, was wolf. [Shrugs] Can change." He reiterated. "Is normal for my people?"

Wildfire

Ashe looked up and down the road for any travelers. Quickly Ashe darted into the forest. Jarmok noticed that he moved through the underbrush with an ease and silence the likes of which he'd never seen.

As they got out of eyesight of any passer-byes Ashe says, "Okay....what do you mean...change?"
Wildfire

Johan

Ashe began to wander off the road as the two spoke; Jarmok pulled up suddenly. "Off road." [Pointing at the ground]

Wildfire

"Change? Change how?"Ashe asked with great curiosity. Ashe enthusiasm was enough to almost enough to make Jarmok a bit edgy.
Wildfire

Johan

Jarmok listened and grunted as Ashe spoke. His people appeared to be a tragic one, and Ashe's story corroborated largely what Sasha had told him. Neither told him what at this time he truly wanted to know, however.

"I am changed." He ventured, glancing at Ashe sidelong. He then looked about to ensure that no one else was in earshot as he spoke. "Wonder if normal." [Looking about again].

"You know if my people change too?"

Wildfire

Ashe cleared his throat, "Your kind come from an island to the north. Where it is I'm not exactly sure as there are so many islands out there. The reason I'm sad for your kind is that the they've been routinely enslaved for a very long time by the power of Xanthakos. They think nothing of the value of the lives of your people and are quick to eliminate any threats that they might present." Ashe's voice went faint, "The slavelords, from what I've come to understand, usually take the young ones of your tribes so that resistance is lessend and they grow not knowing any other life. In other words, they're bred to be slaves."

Ashe continued on, "I hope that someday Xanthakos will come crashing down and your people can be free...Ragnor's too. His people suffer the same fate as yours. There's nothing so precious as freedom Jarmok. You're very lucky to be here...and Threshold is lucky to have you here."
Wildfire

Johan

Jarmok wrestled with that a bit. He was curious about his people, if not necessarily about his own past. It was odd to think on what was intriguing to people. One would think that your personal past would want to be known, but that didn't interest Jarmok as much as who and what his people were. The way their conversation was leaning, Jarmok was unclear as to whether Ashe had information about his people, or about him particularly.

It was also odd, that Mercer, despite Jarmok's pointed question, had indicated that he had no real knowledge about Jarmok's people. His old mentor had said that he had heard of such beings, but never seen them. Ashe said something a little different.

At length, Jarmok concluded that there was only one way to get to the information that he was looking for, and that was to get a lot of additional information, and sort though it for his points of interest.

"Ung." He grunted. "Tell, please."

Wildfire

"You must be terribly confused." Ashe says. "What I'm going to tell you may not be easy for you to hear. If you want not to hear it I understand and will keep it to myself. The choice is yours."
Wildfire

Johan

It was Jarmok's turn to let out a long, low sigh. "Big story." He said. "But little tell."

"Not know before Brak [points thumb over his shoulder]." He started. "Woke up broken [points in turn to his arm, his leg, his eye]. Cut too. Gypsies help. Heal fast [thumps his own chest], Istisha's cycle is longer. Gypsies scared, tell me go. I go. Walk, find cave, Mercer find." [shrugs].

"Is all I know."

Wildfire

Ashe was surprised by his question and asked, "How did you come to this land Jarmok?"
Wildfire

Johan

"Sound sad." Jarmok observed. "Gypsie sound sad too. Why?"

Wildfire

Ashe let out a long sigh of sadness. "I do. I saw your kin many years ago. Mercer was with me that day."

In the distance the road ahead faded to white from the mist of The Fogveil. The birds were singing eloquently as if to give a voice to the scent of wild flowers filling the air and to praise the strengthening warmth of sythus.
Wildfire