- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Additional Info 0.1 - The Rumors

Started by Griznuq, August 08, 2007, 07:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

Ok, having given you the little bit that I have, I think it's time for a little more info.
I was talking with Drew this morning, and he expressed some interest in this material. I will share with everyone now.

You're starting off in a world that is 50 years after a pretty earth shaking event. People who used to be nothing more than modest working stiffs, or even less now have "incredible" powers.

The government was very upset by this for a couple of reasons. First, governments in general had always sorta leaned on the perenezerath for guidance and support. This support is no longer offered by the Peren as freely as it had been, since the majority of their organization is out hunter magic users, and those who are left, aren't sure who they can trust, or who really trusts them.

When the skies turned, there was a lot of change. There was a period of chaos, as people found that they had these powers. Some were consumed with greed, others were litterally consumed by their new found powers.

MANY people died. Many villages no longer exist. The world is in a "pick yourself up, and dust yourself off" stage of life. There is a very strong theme of rebuilding in the world.  

As for where you're from, I'm going to leave that up to you. There are a couple of big cities, and countless villages. The "main" city in your region is called Embar. It's a city much akin ot Waterdeep in the forgotten realms. It's a port city with a large market place, and a large "government center". (I hesitate to say "castle" but it amounts to the same thing.)

The continant you're on, used to be all one Kingdom, Embarra Lyorris, lead by one king, Jarem Garrinveldt. During his rule, he'd never relied on the Peren, in fact he didnt allow them into his Kingdom. The morning of the Emerald Dawn, Jarem went missing.

His Kingdom was divided into 4. Embar (Of which The City of Embar is the capital. sparsley wooded plains in the southeast - Like the hinterlands!), Sedgemere (the woodlands in the north east - Elwynn forestish), Carolmere (Marshlands to southwest. - Wetlands) and Kannic, (Northwest mountain region. - Redridge or southern Westfall).

You're in the Kingdom of Embar, a kingdom trying to hold true to the laws and principals of Jarem Garrinveldt. Perenezerath are not welcome here, but are said to come in under cover.

Rumors: (may be true, may be not)
    In the towns and cities where they are welcome, the perenezerath will come in and arrest those suspected of having magical abilities, and take them to a "secret location". No one sees these people again. It's whispered that they are tested on, that the psionicists are trying to "purge" the magical abilities out of the prisoners. It's said that no one survives.

*In towns and cities where they are NOT welcome, the tactics are a little less humane. They will simply kill someone who is thought to have abilities, no questions asked.

*King Jarem Garrinveldt ran. it is said that he's still alive and operating out of a remote location to start a movement against the Perenezerath. His whereabouts are not even speculated upon in Embar.

*It's said that local government knows where Jarem Garrinveldt is, and can be trusted... but really, who is going to trust government??
    there are many new races the world over, due to the Emerald Dawn.

*The dead have come back to life in some places. Zombies and Skeletons walk freely in some places, mostly small villages, as in cities, burials are much deeper. But who knows what's lurking in the superiorly constructed tombs and coffins...

This should be enough to whet an appetite for the time being, methinks. Let me know if you have any ideas or need more info on anything.
=]V[=