- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.22.2132 – Interview in Utopia.

Started by Dray, April 05, 2008, 09:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

(OOC: This thread continues where 12.22.2132 – Interview in ShantyTown left off)

Temmt, Renee and Emma made their way out of ShantyTown without incident. Temmit was pleasantly surprised that they didn't encountered obnoxious soldiers during their visit, attributing their luck to perhaps the time of the day.

'No matter, your face didn't meet fist and you now have yet another lovely young lady in the guild.' Smokey said.

Temmit agreed.

Making their way back to Nottingham Hall and the Nutcase, Renee went to buy the three of them more coffee and for her and Emma, a small loaf of bread along with some cheese. Meanwhile, Temmit and Emma stayed out of site, since there was even more kids hanging out at the popular spot then there had been earlier that morning.

"I still can't believe our luck in finding the Hunter's Medallion". Emma said to him while they waited around the corner of a shop.

"I'd rather be lucky than good."

Emma nodded, but was then quiet while they waited. Her mind returned to some far away place that it had been most of that morning.

Renee came back with the girls snack and the coffee.

Johan

"I'm pretty sure she has no idea what that trinket is." Temmit said quietly. As far as she knows, it's just an old trinket handed down from her maternal grandfather."

"Thank you." He said, eagerly accepting the coffee. This particular cup wasn't quite as good as usual, but Temmit was pretty firm in the notion that there was no such thing as a bad cup of coffee.

"As to the auger," he want on. "If I take the meaning to be pertinent to our three errands, I'd say that we've already stumbled upon 'hope'...'laughter' and 'danger' to follow." He shrugged and took another sip. "Of course, we might have stumbled upon danger, I suppose." He smiled slightly.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

Renee, in between bites of bread and cheese said, "I would be willing to bet she was hope, and if that is the case I wonder what we stand to gain by walking into the chance of danger? For the chance at a laugh?"

Emma continued, "and who will be in danger? Us, or the one of the two candidates I wonder?"

Johan

"There's a lot there that I don't know." Temmit admitted. "But were I to guess, I'd have to say me, as it was my fortune that was told."

"At the same time, she said '...will lead to...', and the fact that she said 'one will...another will...and one will...' kind of leaves one's imagination to fill in some large gaps."

He sighed a bit and took another drink. "I think that we've really no option but to move forward with the next errands. Ignorance is never a good ally." That last was a quote that Temmit had read somewhere, although exactly where, he couldn't just then say.

Dray

"I would have to agree Temmit," Renee said, and Emma gave a nod as well.

"Well, let's go then. But let's be on our guard. Should anything happen, we should scatter our separate ways and meet up in the alley behind  Get Here from There. The Riverfront district is always busy, and with all this snow, it will be harder for anyone to track us with all the traffic that the area has." Renee said, and started to head towards the part of the theater district Emma had nicknamed Utopia.

"Speaking of which," Emma offered, "Leslie said she may do an impromptu performance there tonight, and she told me to tell the two of you. She is trying really hard to accommodate the guild members since they usually miss it due to overcrowding on scheduled nights."

"That small thing is such a sweetie. But if anything should happen, that is another good reason to head to her parents tavern, the concert, impromptu or not, would need to be cancelled. We can't have all the members in one place should danger present itself," Renee answered. Temmit and Emma had trotted up beside her and flanked her as they walked.

They stopped talking as they finally rounded around the huge Nottingham Hall and headed into the residence area of Utopia. Instead of the muddy narrow roads that they had found in ShantyTown, they now walked upon shoveled cobblestone streets, streets that lead between beautiful homes of the finest architecture. Each home had its own surrounding yard with snow-covered trees in between. The place was serene and quiet, and those that passed, including a couple of guards, gave the three teenagers a wary eye. One guard almost stopped them, but upon recognizing Renee decided that the three were no trouble.

Emma spoke after the guard walked bye without so much as a word. "I think I should work on my reputation in the city. Perhaps if I express new interest in presenting public matters for the church, I can use my father's position to get public recognition for who I am, might make things easier."

"I have always thought that, and to be honest, I am surprised you were able to avoid the spot-light for so long," Renee replied.

"Well, when your father doesn't love you or think you are worthy, it's easy to stay in the shadow. But seriously, your reputation saves you a lot of hassle and gets you in positions to do things that other members aren't able to do. That is what I need to work on, leadership will require it."

Johan

Temmit silently mourned his empty coffee cup. He sighed disconsolately and stowed the vessel away in his bag.

Dray

"It's up here on the left," Renee announced.

All the houses were of course the same, as was the case in most wealthy sections of the city, but Renee pointed to it as they walked past. There was no sign of a girl playing outside in the snow as they had hoped.

Renee stopped and turned to Temmit. "Why don't you start building a snowman in this very spot. Emma and I will look semi-interested for a few turns and then look like disgruntled friends off to do some shopping. We will come back in a hand or so..."

At Temmit's questioning look she replied, "Build LOTS of snowmen!"

Emma laughed while Renee looked at him with a teasing smile.

"We will come back and waste time showing you what we bought, then fool around in the snow until she comes out," she said.

"And if all that doesn't work I have another idea," she finished, taking Emma by the arm and leading her away.

Johan

Temmit delivered a long, withering look at Renee's suggestion. She knew that he loathed "playing".

"Can you describe the kid that we're supposed to be looking for?" He asked. He could concieve that karma might be catching up with him; after all, he had eaten a nice breakfast while Renee and Emma had waited outside earlier.

Dray

Renee turned around and said quickly, "Little girl, about age 9, long-blonde hair, named Sally."

"HAVE FUN!"

He could here them both giggle as they walked away to the shops.

Johan

Temmit grunted his irritation behind them and set to work amassing a pile of snow that might vaguely resemble a human.

He set to making two opposing snow men, and then set to work at making a pile of snowballs for each. about a score for each snowman should be right, he thought.

As he worked...'played', he supposed...he kept a wary eye upon the indicated house.

Dray

Much to his surprise a little girl, as described came out of the house. She wore what appeared to be an expensive fur jackets, leather boots and padded leather leggings and yet another one of those wool hats with the cotton ball pig-tails.

She ran over to him as if she had never seen another person play with snow before.

"Hey! Building a snowman? Can I help?!" she asked.

The girl was a pretty little thing, with unusual grey-colored eyes.

Johan

"Of course." Temmit said in his best friendly tone. "I was thinking that I'd build two of them facing each other in a snowball fight."

Dray

The girl giggled at the thought and rushed over to one of Temmit's crude snowmen. "Ok, I will finish this one, you work on that one."

Johan

"Finish it?" Temmit exclaimed in mock indignity. "I thought that one *was* finished!" Then he looked as though he was realizing something. "Wait," he said. "Are you one of those people who actually can make a *good* snowman?"

Dray

The girl laughed in absolute glee. "It doesn't take too much to make a *good* one, let me show you!"

With that, the girl knocked off the twigs that Temmit had used for arms and she started shaping new arms out of snow.