News:

- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.21.2132 - Weekend Plans (Renee, Emma & Temmit)

Started by Dray, March 24, 2008, 06:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

Almost immediately following her curtsy and the meetings end, Renee turned to Temmit, gently took his arm and led him and Emma away from the others. Walking almost into the voting booth, she smiled and began the business of command debriefing.

"Temmit, I am staying at the Shrine of Kaine in Lakeshore with Emma tomorrow night, but tomorrow we would like to make the attempt at  interviewing two of the three candidates, both of which are in the Theater District. Will you be available?" she asked.

Temmit noted that her gaze this evening seem to be penetrating his own more than usual, as if she was curiously sensitive to see how he was handling all this. The curve of the lids in her eyes spoke great volume to how much she cared about his feelings in the situation.

(Edited the location of the pajama party, Renee's parents house is too far away).

Johan

Her question struck Temmit as funny (in an odd way), and it brought a wry smile to his lips while he blinked in surprise.

Smokey whispered sarcastically in his mind:

"No, I'm sorry, but I've got a Paddle-Ball tournament that I'm starring in."

"Oh, I am going away on a weekend soiree with three female classmates...want to come?"

"Really, I'd love to, but I haven't crapped in about two weeks, and I think that it's a-commin' in fast."

Temmit bit back a laugh and licked his lips. "I will always be available for you, Renee. And you, Emma. As I said, we are in this together, and I remain in the service of Whisper." By the end of his answer, he had regained his composure. "I can meet you anywhere you need."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

Emma smiled at Temmit and said, "Is there every a time you can simply say 'sure'," she teased.

"Emma," Renee scolded.

"What? It's true! " Emma laughed. "I know priests less stuffy than this kid!" Emma looking at him, still snickering.

Johan

Temmit took the gentle "scolding" in stride.

He took a deep breath and raised an eyebrow. "Sure." He said simply. "But there's a thing or two that I feel like I need to talk to you two about...in private." He shifted his eyes meaningfully. "Perhaps we could either wait behind after the others have gone, or we could meet somewhere before the interviews?"

He was now somber again, back in his characteristic manner.

Dray

"I like the first idea, let's stay a bit after everyone is gone," Renee said immediately.

"One thing though about tomorrow," Emma said to Temmit, changing the subject to the matter at hand. Then looked back at Renee for moral support.

Renee just looked at her, then back at Temmit with a bit of a wince, forcing a smile thru it all the same.

Johan

Temmit forced his face to remain stoic; it was a potent skill that he had picked up in the orphanages as a child. He regarded Emma closely, watching her pupils, noting her breathing, looking for signs of perspiration upon her lovely brow.

Neither young lady was comfortable. They appeared to be concerned with how he was going to receive what they had to say (and it was clear that they had already had this conversation).

He raised an eyebrow questioningly.

Dray

"The first candidate is named Mia... she is um....she is in Shanty-Town," Emma said with a wince of her own.

Johan

Temmit hadn't forgotten their last visit to Shanty-Town. Every now and then his eye still throbbed from the remembered result of it. Of course, he also hadn't forgotten the kindness that followed either. Both Emma and Renee had become so...caring for him after that.

The fight was worse than he had thought it would be. The soldiers were quicker than he expected (even though they were thoroughly soused), and he wasn't a great combatant to begin with.

Still, what needed to be done needed to be done. He had another quarter of schooling behind him, and after all, people learned best from experience.

He set himself determinedly. "Where do you want to meet?" He asked. "And when?"

Dray

"North Entrance of Nottingham Hall, next to Nutcase, around 8 dawn-hand if that's ok?" Renee responded. "Mia works as a fortune-teller for her mother who...well she does something else."

Temmit caught her meaning.

She continued, "after that we need to see Sally who lives in Utopia," Renee said using Emma's nickname for her father's development south of Shanty-Town.

"Yeah," Emma intejected, "she may be a problem in that her parents don't accept visitors. We may have to wait for the girl to come out and play in the snow, which she has been seen doing on her two days off from school".

Renee then continued, "Mia is a suspected Seer, or some clairvoyant, as she has been freaking out some customers lately. Sally somehow survived a horrific fire when her parents Lakehouse home burned down this past summer... with her in it."

Johan

"Two promising candidates indeed." Temmit noted. "Do we have any character witnesses for them?" They often did not, but it was worth asking.

Dray

"Well as you know," Renee answered, "that can be both a good thing and a bad thing. As strong character witnesses tend to see things they shouldn't. Mia has a few of these, and I am hoping that if she interviews well, our first directive is to get her to stop being too good of a fortune teller."

Renee gave a small quick frown. "Sally on the other hand is a shot in the dark admittedly, a hunch based on the mystery of survival."

Johan

"Perhaps it's worth trying to get somone close to her? Someone who might be able to gleen something about her character? Unless we might be aware that others are...interested in her survival?" Temmit was confident that his meaning was not lost on his friends.

Dray

"Gee I wonder who we could get to do that?" Renee said, tilting her head as she looked at him.

Johan

Temmit looked flatly at Renee for a moment. "We'll just ask her." He said at last. "The drought will take care of it."

"Mia must already be aware of her gift; she'll likely be motivated to join us. And to stop being correct too much."

Temmit looked about the Quiet Room, anxious to see if there were many Whisperers left; he was anxious to talk to Renee about heaping too many compliments upon Leslie.

Dray

Temmit saw that perhaps the few younglings that had attended had left, but no one else had. This was going to be one of those long-after-meeting parties that drew on right till curfew.

He also noted Jared talking to Leslie, although Ashley was still with her, so he supposed that was okay.

Renee spoke and took him out of his observations. "The third candidate is a boy named Marcus. We will have to wait and see him next weekend, for he, well, why don't you explain Emma, you know more."

Emma nodded. "Marcus lives with the father, a forester in the south, along the Outer-Rim. He went missing for two weeks and was written off for dead. Until he was discovered by a trapper."

Temmit understood why Renee let Emma tell him, this story hit close to their understanding of his own history.

"He was completely unharmed and he told his father he merely got lost and that nothing occurred while he simply survived off the land. His mother, a woman of moderate wealth who lives here in the city, is having him carted in for a check up with the medical priests." Emma finished.

Renee then said, "I thought it best we interview him just in case it wasn't sheer mad-luck he survived out there."