- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Sayer ain't the only scribe!

Started by Blackspear, January 24, 2006, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Whisper sighs with controlled frustration. "Some of the answers are already before you. Listen to the words that you've so eloquently memorized. Now, I understand your enthusiasm but please, one question at a time. Patience is required of you if you are to seek these mysteries. Today is a lesson in patience Dale. Would you like something to eat?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Blackspear

Quote from: BlackspearDale looks to Whisper and says"I wish to know everything I can about Valekai.  I want to know what he knew.  Yet I don't want to go mad in the discovering of his secrets.   I want to help the land, not destroy it.   I don't want to cause any strife either.   I just want to know.
"What blasphemy did Valekai commit?   Do you know how he lived and died?  Why do the druids shun him and his work?"   He tries to calm down and relax, but his eyes give him away as completely eager and restless for answers to his questions.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Whisper pet the bloated toad with her beautiful hand and asked, "What would you have me tell you of this man that his doctrine does not?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

"I was writng a spell.   A sleeping spell to be more exact.   I'm very curious and confused about Nyx and what Valekai did wrong or even what he did for that matter.    Would you please tell me of Valekai?"

Dale sits back and tries to relax, but the eager anticipation is evident on his face.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

"No." she said flatly. "I am a decendant of one. What were you scribing?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

Looking slightly annoyed at being treated like a school boy, Dale unsuccessfully tries to mask his frustration with the lack of answers to his questions.   "What are you?   Are you one of the ancients Valekai referred to?"
Blackspear

Wildfire

Whisper calmly says, "You are excited and out of balance. Please, relax, drink some water, and collect your mind. Your companion Xorn seems to be very hungry...much like his friend before me."

Whisper puts her chalice on her mossy bed, closes her eyes, and cups both of her slender hands together. While staing at Dale she speaks words from a tongue that sounds similar to Ashe's and Maccabeus's. Suddely, Whisper opens her hands releasing dozens of crickets to the floor. Xorn spins to see the feast before him and waddles over to unlease his tongue in what is his greatest feast in many months.

"You, Dale..." she says standing up from her bed "...have a great passion for knowledge. But do not let it consume you...for it easily can. You can become so enthralled that you would throw your own soul away willingly... ignoing the consequence of such an action."

Whisper walked to Dale and behind him. She put her delicate hands on his shoulders and leaned down to his ear. The touch of her felt soothing and relaxed his tense and knotted shoulders. Dale couldn't help but close his eyes at how intoxicating her touch was. She was so close to his ear that he could feel and smell her flowery breath on his neck. Dale was completely relaxed and she whispered, "Have you considered that knowing what this man knew is in itself madness and that he did not measure the result of his knowledge until it was perhaps too late?"

Dale snapped his eyes open and could see that she was sitting on her bed staring at him while petting Xorn. Xorn's eyes were closed as he was enjoying a full tummy and Whispers attention. His large soft belly expanded and contracted with each breath and Dale could swear he was snoring!.  It was a comical image of a beauty and a beast.

"One question at a time.", she says.
Wildfire

Blackspear

Dale opens up his back pack and pulls out the fattest toad anyone has ever seen.   It must weigh close to 5 pounds.   Xorn, the toad, looks about, squinting a little at the bright light inside the fey's home.   He looks at her as if to see if she has any food.   Realizing food is not forthcoming, he hops towards Dale and shoots his tongue out of his mouth, gently slapping Dale on the wrist.   Dale recognizes Xorn's non verbal cue and pulls some crickets out of a jar he keeps in his pack.   Dale often wonders how Xorn trained him so well.  

After feeding Xorn, Dale looks to Whisper and says"I wish to know everything I can about Valekai.  I want to know what he knew.  Yet I don't want to go mad in the discovering of his secrets.   I want to help the land, not destroy it.   I don't want to cause any strife either.   I just want to know.

"He wrote about Nyx.  I have a copy of one of his writngs.  It is called "The Foundation of Sorcerers    The Doctrine of Valekai".   In the doctrine he writes (Dale recites this from memory) "To understand the power I have come to understand you must be willing to accept the divine order that I have come to see as the truth.

"As night is to day, as the male is to the female, as the left hand is to the righthand, so too is the physical to the philosophical.   They are very different, slightly alike, but each harbors equal power in our lives.   There is a divinity that encompasses both of these aspects whom the ancients call Nyx.   We are reflections of this divinity in that we are both physical and philosophical.    In order that we may better identify with Nyx we must pass through the defined mediums of which we are made.   The apparent physical aspects that Nyx is comprised of are fire, water, earth, and air.

"The ancients referred to the divine nature of these aspects as Pyrryn'Nyx, Syrryth'Nyx, Brothac'Nyx, and Venturric'Nyx.   The philosophical aspects that affect us are Good, Indifference, and Evil.   The ancients referred to these divine perspectives as Volendan'Nyx, Mhalvey'Nyx, and Cusyncuth'Nyx.   These Seven Divinities and aspects are inseperable and are also individual.

"The Physical becomes Philosophical, the Philosophical becomes Physical.   This translation is done by the power of the fifth child of the physical-magic-Sorcer'Nyx.

"Sorcer'Nyx spans the gap between the two sides of Nyx whereby we become the channel for the manifestation of the aspects of which we are formed.   All aspects are inseperately joined.   They are bound to move through the mediums of all others and should never be invoked directly.  

"I have lived a darknes for my blasphemy against this principle.   Question upon this principle for yourself.  Know the truth of it.  Allow it to scatter the darkness of the path I have taken before you take the path for yourself.

"I am Valekai-faithful servant of Sorcer'Nyx."

Dale takes a deep breath and then looks at the young looking creature in front of him.   "Are you one of the ancients that he refers to?   What does that mean to you?   What blasphemy did Valekai commit?   Do you know how he lived and died?  Why do the druids shun him and his work?"  Dale sits down again, having stood during the recitation of the doctrine.   He tries to calm down and relax, but his eyes give him away as completely eager and restless for answers to his questions.
Blackspear

Wildfire

[color=green:677dc31622]I HATE it when that happens!![/color]
Wildfire

Blackspear

[color=green:40c874e330]I just spent an hour working on this post an my computer ate it before I actually posted it. :cry[/color]:
Blackspear

Wildfire

Whisper turns her head slightly to the side and replies, "It's not silly if it gives you comfort. I suspect that your little friend is a source of inspiration for you in that way. Let him about...I'm sure he would like to stretch his legs. Again, it's my question that is now in waiting. What is it about this man Valakai that you seek?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

"I was seeking a quiet place to do my work.  As I've mentioned before, I am a young arcanist and I needed to find an out of the way spot to scribe a spell onto a scroll.   These beautiful golden trees attracted my attention, so I came here.   It also seemed like a good place to let my friend Xorn out for some exercise.  He is getting ever so fat these days.  He was my master's toad.   Xorn was given to me when we parted ways.   Soemtimes I think my master's spirit lives on in Xorn.   Pretty silly, huh?"
Blackspear

Wildfire

"Then I am a priestess. Although I do not have disciples...nor do I want any. I choose to honor Nyx in my own way. For that I am given strength to protect this glen." Whisper says.

She takes a sip of her water and says, "Now, my question to you is for what purpose did you enter my golden woods?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

"I believe a priestess is both devoted and loyal to her god and able to express her gods' wishes to the other disciples.   If they have unique god given abilities, that to me is a sign of strength.   Both of that god and of the priestess' devotion."
Dale looks at the Golden Fey and wonders if he has offended her.
Blackspear

Wildfire

"That depends on what you consider a priestess to be." she says. "There are many that may call themselves a priestess but not carry the spirit to validate it. Yet there are some that can not channel divine power but have an unshakable faith such that a priestess should have. So, what do you consider a priestess to be?" She turns her head slightly to the side and twirls strands of her bright golden hair through her slender fingers.
Wildfire