- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Dreams of a Tortured Soul

Started by Wildfire, March 07, 2006, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Zurn clears his throat. " Well, Cap'n Coriss, Like aye be tellin' the good lady here earlier, in me dream a white unicorn, this be Ehlonna, was standin' o'er a bloody faceless man. A great vulture, Vortok methinks, appeared through this manifested symbol (he shows the circle of squares) in tha' sky and came down upon tha unicorn. Tha dirty bird grabbed the helpless man and tried ta pull him away from our lady. The man began ta scream his apologies and genuinly seemed sorry for what he done. The vulture hadn't completely pull the body from Ehlonna. Methinks tha' Vortok dunna have complete control o Dannobar...not yet. So his soul can still be reachin' salivation..er, salvation."

"I wasn't ta keen on his betrayal but I be seein' now tha' he be truly repentent o what he done."Zurn says lowering his eyes "In tha' forest, berries may be lookin' like they be tastin' sweet but they can be poison and make ye sick. Dannobar tasted the wrong berries. It be up ta us to make him well. I'll not rest until he be saved."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Coris and Lady Corryn listened in compassionate silence to Vallen's telling of his dream. Laddy Corryn placed a slender, comforting hand upon Vallen's cheek. "Worry not, Brother." She said softly. Her breath was sweet and she was lightly scented with cedar and honeysuckle.

Her hand took up Vallen's and she held it as she said, "Brother Zurn, you must now tell us what you told me earlier. Try to recall all of the details of your vision."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

"Brother Zurn, would you mind if I go first?" [color=green:8f6de9b9a2](Since in RL your getting lunch? - hehe, cool)[/color] Vallen asked for which Zurn gave a quick nod. [color=green:8f6de9b9a2](I hope)[/color]

Vallen took a deep breath, then began.

?The house I saw in the vision was picturesque, somehow I sensed that it always had been. Within it a family that is large, healthy, and loving. One child in particular seemed to be the focus of the vision: a boy larger than the other children, pushing firmly into the realm of obese. Then the vision seemed to flash and move me forward in time.? Vallen talked a bit with hands now, motioning this way and that, almost lost in the telling of the tale.

?I had new visions in succession, one of the same child helping another child, and then helping other children, many who are sick, and yet another of him teaching younger children. Then another of him playing with and entertaining large group of children, yet another of him feeding people. In every vision he was always tending, serving, helping. A boy of sharp eye and a boundless heart, his philanthropy knew no bounds.? Vallen?s voice broke at the last comment, he cleared his through seeming surprised at the emotion.

?Then the visions became surreal. The next was a grassy field, a vulture limps through the pasture, clearly feigning injury. The boy runs to help the vulture and looks at the blood on the vulture?s wing. He cleans and bandages the vulture, who in turn seems grateful. It gave the child a deer, with which the he fed the village. The vulture pledged his friendship to the child.?

Vallen paused and stood up, seemingly restless with the emotion of the tale.

Still talking with accompaniment of his hands but now pacing the room, he continued. ?The child is hungry, and the vulture brings him a rabbit, which the child cooks hurriedly and eats, fending off starvation, while the vulture leers on. Too late the child recognizes the taste of foul poison in the rabbit. He tries to tend to the villagers, but he is sick, and dying, although the villagers don?t know it.? He said with a finger pointing up.

The noted change of tense Vallen?s narrative was not lost on his audience, Vallen was no longer telling the vision as it happened, but as if he was currently in it.

?The vulture has drawn the child away from the village and begins to use the child for its own purposes. The child is frightened and alone. The villagers are too far away to help the child who always helped them.?

Vallen shivered a moment.

?The child is getting smaller. Not thinner, just smaller, as though the vision were drawing away from the child and he were receding towards the horizon. Through the periphery of the vision, a horse?s legs translate, white and strong, as though I had been pulled under the horse and he now stands in front of me, majestic and pure.?

?Standing behind the horse now, the child was little more than a spot in the distance. The horse turns to look at me, a long, tapered horn evidencing upon her brow in the rotation of the majestic head. A heavy tear falling from the brown, loving eye to the ground.?

As Vallen spoke of the tear, one escaped him unbidden. He stood in place within the room for a moment to collect himself, ?Forgive me, I never thought the words aloud would affect me so, I just need a moment.?

Johan

"Given what Sister Corryn had described to me, I'm thinking that all the detail possible would be prudent. Although, as it is with most dreams, you might not recall all of the details [color=green:097709b9b9](which is not the case in this instance)[/color], but we'd best try."

Wildfire

Zurn looks from side to side and says, "Well...er Cap'n. Be ye wantin' thick details er be ye wantin' it curt?"
Wildfire

Johan

Coris and Lady Corryn looked up expectantly as the trio entered the office, which was dimly lit by a single candle that perched in a wooden candle holder, which in turn sat upon the otherwise barren desktop. Zurn recognized this candle as the one that Lady Corryn had carried from the temple.

Both were dressed as though for bed. Lady Corryn wore a simple ankle-length nightshirt and her feet were bare. Her long hair hung near to the small of her back, tumbling elegantly downward. Coris sat in his usual heavy wooden chair, and was likewise dressed in a simple woolen nightshirt.

"Come in, please. Sister Corryn has just been filling me in on your needs. Dire needs, it seems." He sat back a bit heavily. "Sister Corryn tells me that our Lady of the Forest has visited both of you brothers recently. Can you each share your experiences? From there, we can talk of history."

Dray

Vallen let out a small laugh as they rushed across the courtyard to Coris's quarters.

"I merely guessed Z....Brother Zurn. I had seen it in your eyes as the group adjourned our impromptu meeting in the tavern. You had that look of 'wait a moment' in your eyes." Vallen said.

As they reached the door to Coris's quarters, the guards allowed them entry without so much as a word.

"The Lady must already be here," Valen said as he opened the door and allowed the two dwarfs to step in before he passed and closed the door behind him.

Dray

[color=green:6b0a219383][OOC: Either I misintepreted a prior post, or someone deleted one just after I posted I know not. But I deleted Vallen's telling of his vision here because it was too far out of context. Regardless, let us return to Forest Keep and see what Corris has to offer for information][/color]

Griznuq

"It's that pipe weed you surface dwellers been smokin! That'll be enough to give visions to a shrieker!"
=]V[=

Wildfire

As the three of them trek across to Coris's office to meet with Corryn Zurn looks at Vallen and asks, "Now, how ye be knowin' that I had a vision o' sorts? I never said nothin' to ye 'bout it."
Wildfire

Dray

Vallen said nothing while Belwar picked up Vallen's unwanted warm stout, and then he followed him out the door. He gave Brother Zurn, who was holding the door, a mischevious wink as if to say, 'got ya', and then followed Belwar who lead the way.

Griznuq

Belwar follows, carrying his latest mug of grog.
=]V[=

Wildfire

"Well..I...er..." Zurn stumbles over his thoughts and words. Finally he says, "She be wantin' ta speak with us right away. So let's not disappoint her, huh?"

Zurn left to the outside and then quickly peers around the door and says, "Well, c'mon..." as he waves his hand towards himself.
Wildfire

Dray

Vallen [color=green:76f0aa79cc](OOC: I like the new spelling seems more to the phenetic)[/color] had a far off look before Zurn had even entered the room. Belwar wasn't sure if he was simply lost in thought or a bit tipsy from the.....was that a full stout!

Vallen turned to Zurn as if his out of breath companion was not in any way excited or anxious.

"Described your dream to Lady Corryn ay?" he asked calmly.

Brother Zurn exclaimed "Aye!" with a nod, then did a double take look at Vallen. ''ow de blay'zes di 'he know of his dream?'

[color=green:76f0aa79cc][OOC: I hope I am not speaking out of turn for Zurn, for I do not believe he told anyone he also had a vision][/color]

Griznuq

"What the hell," Belwar said with a shrug. "Got nuttin else goin on ere. Just plottin out our ultimate demise. It can wait."
=]V[=