- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Nettle Remains

Started by Johan, March 13, 2007, 12:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Duthash Gyth Voldyn 237 (May 25) - Upon the closure of Session 15 - The Nettle Demons

Maccabeus was gladdened that Whisper was feeling better, and that he could have played a hand in the thus-far half salvation of her splendid grove. He wondered whether Mahiya had heard his yearning to travel to the Valley and recover another Vallenwood Acorn, and this was her way of incentivizing him. The good that can come from the vile Nettle Lord and his little demon-like minions.

The thought of the thorny Bulb recollected to Maccabeus that black, pulsing heart that had throbbed in the twisted botanical breast. "OH!" He came upright suddenly. "Ashe, I nearly forgot, ninny that I am!" He pulled his leather bag from its place as it slung across his chest. "I took samples of the Nettled Ones for you. I thought that you might be able to make use of some of their remains." He reached into his bag and produced the pieces that he had wrapped in his own torn shirt. "Ah, yes...and I need a new shirt too." He remarked. "Actually, I was in need of one of those anyway." He conceded. "This one I've been wearing and washing for a long while, and was in need of some replacing."

As he spoke, he handed the wrapped samples up to Ashe. "There was also this...thing." He added. "Umm...how do I...I don't really want to...hmmmm..." He seemed to stumble around upon himself and eventually upended his bag onto the floor of Ashe's home.

Out pored his tobacco sack, his pipe, some samples of cheese and dried fish, and a small roundish marbled rock, smooth as though it had spent a millennia being caressed by waters. "Feh!" He huffed and shook the bag a little until with a dull thud that Nettle Lord's black pulsing heart fell upon the floor.

Maccabeus reached for the little bit of fish that had emptied from his satchel, but Wolf was quicker. Maccabeus glared playfully at his companion and settled upon the cheese. He looked up at Ashe then...
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Maccabeus trotted into Ashe's kitchen and saw immediately the skin that Ashe needed. It depended upon a peg that was well above his head.

He grabed the skin at it's bottom, and jumped up to release the tension upon its strap. A quick flick and the skin came loose readily. He bore it back to the Elder.

"This skin?" He asked.

Wildfire

Ashe looked at the water skin and saw the symbol on that he and Maccabeus bore on their chest.

"Yes, that's the one. Pull the stopper and bring it here." Ashe said.
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus firmly but gently wrested the stopper from the skin as he crossed the last few feet to where Ashe was tending Whisper. He handed the skin up to the Elder.

Wildfire

Ashe brought the skin to Whispers lips and she drank. At first she took gentle sips but then lost all sense of dignity and greedily gulped from it.

Witha tender voice she she said, "I will hold on my love. I will hold on with all the strength that Nyx sees to give me. But you know what you must do."

Ashe nodded. Whisper continued, "Now you must find your strength to leave and find answers."

She reached a hand to Maccabeus, "Come to me Brother of the Wolf" she requested.
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus cocked his head in a distinctly canine fashion, and moved towards Whisper. He took her outstretched hand gingerly in his own rough and calloused hand.

"What's going on?" He asked quietly.

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus's eyes welled as he beheld the sickened fey. "Wolf can bear both of us back to her home, if you like. We can be there in pretty short order."

Maccabeus considered Ashe's words then. "Is Istan your bear brother?" He asked. "It's actually a bit late for him to be wakening, isn't it?"

Wildfire

Ashe furrowed his brow in thought. He had a calculating look on his face and after a brief moment said, "Yes, that would be helpful. I need to pack some things and then rouse the ol' boy. I'm sure Wolf is strong enough to carry her on his back. Luckily this end of town is very quiet during the day and you'll be seen by few...if any."

Ashe had some glee in his face, "and yes, Istan is my bear brother." he smiled wide. "He is to me as Wolf is to you. He's been my companion for many, many years...since he was a cub actually. Though, in his age he's given to longer sleeps...a gift he has earned many times over."

Ashe leaned in to Whisper, "My love, Maccabeus and Wolf will take you back to your den. The trees need you close...just as you need them. I'll see you before I leave."

Whisper looked back at Ashe with tears in her eyes. Ashe said softly, "shhhh...No words need be said."

Ashe stood up and said, "Let's get her on to Wolf's back. Then take her to grove. Her den is located in the bushy area. She'll point you to the way. I'll be along soon with Istan. From there I must leave."
Wildfire

Johan

Whisper was taller than Maccabeus, but he was strong and she was a mere whisp of a fey. He mounted Wolf, who stood patiently, eager to help, and when Ashe helped Whisper up onto the wolf's broad and furry back, Maccabeus supported her and held her close.

"We'll get you home soon enough, My Lady." He said softly.

Wolf gently padded out of the building and up into the hills quickly but smoothly.

Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

"A-ya, My Lady." Maccabeus answered, hopping down from Wolf's broad back. "Wolf and I welcome the opportunity to breath your air." He inhaled deeply for emphasis.

The air in Whisper's grove was...different from "normal" air. It wasn't quite as euphoric as that of the Ring, but it was more...primal, somehow. Or more pure, perhaps.

At the Ring, all aspects of Mahiya collided, and the scent of the farms added to the holy scent of Mahiya, her children, and of Vallenwood, the wolves, Maccabeus's fire. The air at the Ring was a mixture of all textures of Mahiya.

Here, there were no farms. There was no wolf pack, nor cook fire. The air here carried the flavor of sythus, when scents and sensations were just starting their lives, and hadn't been matured among the other scents and sensations. Perrenial sythus. Much like Whisper herself, Maccabeus realized.

"I'm sorry for your predicament, My Lady." Maccabeus said sadly. "I tell you now that Wolf and I will do all that we can to bring to you what you need to be healthy and for this blessed grove to prosper." His mouth worked a little more as though he had more thoughts rattling in his fuzzy head, but none found their way to his mouth. At length, he smiled weakly and bobbed his head stupidly. What else was there to say?

Wildfire

Wildfire