- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Kitchen o' the Stump

Started by fraz, September 18, 2005, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraz

Duthash Zinnyas Syncath [9 May]
Evening at the Mushroom o' the Stump

[color=green:6696de7bd0]This would take place after Maal Brengain, Laren and Dale have settled down for their evening meal and drinks in the semi-private back room/kitchen of the Stump, following their sighting of the wyvern-creature flying away into the distance towards the Valley of the Mist.[/color]

After taking another long pull from her tankard of ale, Maal Brengain looks sidelong over at Dale.  "Ye still sleepin' in th' comm'n room o're at th' inn, Dale?  With tha' stinky dwarf?"  The wildlander's compact mouth is serious (she very rarely smiles), but Laren and Dale notice an odd, almost playful, gleam in her eye.
nothing

Griznuq

Laren looks around... *Sigh*

I better go over my journal entry for the last couple days so It's fresh in my mind... he thinks.

[color=green:b7edfcd82a]OOC: I guess I better read this thread from start to finish again... ;)[/color]
=]V[=

Wildfire

[color=green:9cd25d30f4]OOC:That is if I allow you time to breathe[/color] :twisted:
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

[color=green:72a2e1f887]Sounds suspiciously like an excellent plot activity for Friday night...[/color]
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

fraz

Quote from: green:4f6dfc003aOOC: End of thread?[/color]
It can be the end of the thread if ye so decree. Dale wanted to check out the Keep, but we can do that in a separate thread or in-game if you prefer.[/color]
nothing

Wildfire

[color=green:18ca2d8b2e]OOC: End of thread?[/color]
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren watches as Dale's gaze slips off into the distance.

This man thinks too much.
=]V[=

Blackspear

"I haven't been there yet.  Besides its a good opportunity to take a random patrol around town.  
I've been wondering.  How is that all of the troops were pulled out of town and we were hired as guards?  Did the townsfolk protest this at all?  Did Julius try to lobby to keep them here?  It seems to me that we make a poor replacement for an entire squadron of soldiers.   I'm probably too suspicious, but I can't help but think that something fishy is going on here.   With that winged snake being an advanced scout, I can't help but wonder if the troops were pulled out of town in some corrupt arrangement to soften it up for the minions of Xan Thakos....
You're probably thinking I'm crazy, but I can't help it.  Being paranoid is what has kept me alive over the years.  My mind is always on the lookout for any threats.  It helps to keep me one step ahead of danger."
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

fraz

Upon hearing Dale call to her, Maal Brengain halts and waits for him to catch up.

"Aye, Dale, I'll go with ye... Yet, methinks tha' th' keep is likely locked up. I dinna think tha' Julius an' th' Council would leave it wide open with so many strangers an' whatnot comin' inta th' town lately."

She shrugs and adds, "Tha's just me instinct... We can still go take a look if'n ye like."
nothing

Blackspear

"Have a pleasant evening Julius."  Dale spins and walks away as well.  He still doesn't trust the councillor.  He may be looking into things, but his instinct tells him the Julius is hiding something.  
Once Dale is out of earshot of Julius, he calls to Maal, "Hey wait up!"   Dale jogs to catch up with Maal.  Once he reaches her he says, "I'm going to go check out the fortress.  I'd like to see what's there.  Do you want to come?"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

fraz

Maal Brengain is already striding away and gives no response to Julius' query (whether she is ignoring it or didn't hear it is unclear). She marches off into the night, intending to return to the inn and finally lay down to rest for the evening.
nothing

Wildfire

"Yes. I agree that a close eye should be kept on him but not to the point of harrassement. Agreed?"
Wildfire

fraz

Maal Brengain stares straight at Julius as she replies, "Well, I 'ope th' oth'r council members return soon. There be trouble a-brewin' an' we canna wait ferev'r ta make these decisions."

The tall wildlander purposefully ignores the more personal question of how she is adjusting to the town. She is not willing to open up to Julius on such a personal level yet and still stubbornly refuses to call this place home, though she is becoming more and more comfortable in the town and among the folk every day.

"I think tha's all fer now, Julius... But ye should be aware tha' I'll be keepin' a close eye on this Severen fella. If'n 'e's up ta no good then we'll know o' it..."

With that, Maal Brengain turns abruptly on her heel and strides away back down the road.
nothing

Wildfire

"Good. I'm glad you do. The grief of the cave is still somwhat near to them. They need to talk in their own time. Right now is not good to question them...their minds are still delicate. They've had herbal treatment from Ashe and their cuts are healing well. They just need some time. Right now though the winged snake is a great priority." Julius says "Is there anything else that I need to know about? How are all of you adjusting to Threshold? Do you like it here?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

Realizing that Julius is blackmailing him to shut his mouth or have his magic wielding secret revealed, Dale gives Julius a beguiling grin and says "I understand perfectly."  
[color=green:735b55e24a][/color]I wonder what this guy's secret is.  This guy certainly bears more scrutiny.

"Say Julius, I have a couple of questions for those three family members that were in the cave.  Would it be alright if we visited them for a few minutes."

Dale doesn't really have any questions, but he is still suspicious about Julius(His city ways are still ingrained in him.  Be suspicious of everyone).  He wants to make sure that  Julius' guests are being treated well.
Blackspear