- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Episode 05: A Passing

Started by Wildfire, September 17, 2005, 07:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

The recognition of the taste in her mouth brought Kit to abrupt alertness, the memory of it placing her at another time and another place. With wild eyes she, for but a moment, scanned the entire room for Drakyr. Upon seeing Levin's calm face above her she quickly remembered what had happened, and realized what Levin must have given her.

"I um...". She looked back and forth from Laren to Levin, not sure what to say. As she did, she felt the swelling wear her head had hit the table diminish to nothing. The pain, that had been all consuming throughout her mind, also vanished as quickly.

Griznuq

Laren lifted his eyebrows a bit, and mumbled "hrm?"
=]V[=

Wildfire

Levin looked over to the stairs wide eyed and just couldn't help but smirk at the the little fellow flailing down the stairs. Then oberving Laren's nonchalant recovery he laughed outloud. "Oh Laren you truly are your father's son!"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

Laren came rushing down the stairs carrying his pack and hers. He lost his footing (even with a 20 dex!) and tumbled down the stairs.

"bloody! Son of a! BACK! ELBOW! SHOULDER!"

He landed in an unceremonious heap at the bottom of the stairs. He pushed himself up and swept the room with a glare... No one met his gaze, but he could tell by the slightly bouncing shoulders the everyone had seen... How he loved to make people laugh... No matter, no time.

"Alright, I've got everything unless there's still something where I wouldn't expect up there... Oh, Kit you're awake! Are you alright?"
=]V[=

Wildfire

Laren scurried up the stairs to get his and Kit's things.

Kit started to blink her eyes and rub her head. As she started to clear away her bloody vision she realized exactly what it was she was wiping away. "Kit, you'll be okay. Let the water do its' work and in a few minutes you'll feel as good as new. What happened to you?"
Wildfire

Griznuq

"alright! Alright! Stop yelling! sheesh!" Laren became flustered and started waving his hands not realizing he still held the bloody napkin.
=]V[=

Wildfire

"No. Your travel can't wait Laren. You must leave as soon as possible. You may have already gotten the attention of...them. Kit will come around in just a little bit. Go get your things. By the time you get back down Kit will be okay. Your horses will be ready for you outside with the stable hands. You must trust me Laren, GO!" Levin said sternly.
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren fumbles the vile a bit, but manages to get the contents into her mouth... He looks around for a safe place to put the empty vial, ultimaltely deciding that it doesn't matter where it goes and just drops it...

"Kit... Kit...?" He gently pats her cheek. "We need to get her to a bed or something... Our travel will have to wait..."
=]V[=

Wildfire

Levin, with a flashing quickness, instead of grabbing the water pulls out a vial of dark blue liquid and offers it to Laren. "It's a special healing water Laren. Pour it down her throat...NOW!"

Laren looks to the innkeeper and says, "See to it that no one comes down those stairs or in the door!!"
Wildfire

Griznuq

=]V[=

Johan

I really like the way Laren is played. It's like he doesn't know that he's short! His indecision is really impressive.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

Laren jumped from his seat, knocking it over. He started to go to Kit's aid, but realized he didn't know what to do... He stammered over a few half words before he decided to roll her onto her back and press a napkin against the gash on her forehead.

"Leven, hand me that water!" Laren stretched an arm out pointing to a glass of water on the table.
=]V[=

Dray

Levin's words were more than she could take in at once.

Kit closed her eyes and swallowed hard. Her clasped hands on her lap tightened until her knuckles turned white. 'He will continue to hunt me everywhere, he will harm everyone I shall ever learn to care for,', she thought.

She opened her eyes and looked at Levin standing across from her.

"I..."

A tear unbidden, escaped, and took flight down and off her right cheek. But before the small drop of water shattered upon the cloth of her skirt, the emotion that summoned it, fear, had been replaced. Replaced by shame and anger of her own reaction. For she had been weary of the fear of him. After the events of the past days, she had become very forthright in her decision not to be. How, this tear was a betrayal to that decision.

Angered, the full strength of the Wilder erupted within her and into full-front of her mind.

"I am done running!" she almost shouted to know one in particular.

The unforgiving and complete anger which hard erupted so quickly from its hiding, now threatened to consume her. Unleashed like in Pappy's Barn those many weeks ago, it had no seen enemy, no target for its wrath. Too late, Kit realized she was losing control.

'I can't lose it here, I will lose Laren's friendship and Levin's trust,'. she thought as she tried to regain it. 'Too many here would remember,' she thought now starting to panic. 'They would remember what they saw.'

Her stream of thoughts became fragmented as the tentative grasp to lose cohesion, she turned inward trying to push the psychic violence back into its prison within her mind.

Laren watched as Kit tightly closed her eyes and shook, no idea of the battle taking place within her. One that she was losing.

'I...I can't stop...I have no where too...'? Her intellect gave, and in one last desperate act she did the only thing she could do. She turned it upon herself.

Laren and Levin watched in horror as the tears gushing from Kit's eyes turned red. Without warning, her body lurched violently forward, slamming her head into the table. Unconscious, her body started to slide off on a path to crashing on the floor.

Wildfire

"Please understand Kit that my extensive connections often times deal with unsavory people. My ambition is to undermine them or at least exploit them to the best of my advantage. Occasionally they ask favors that I pretend to entertain but in reality I thwart their sinister attempts. Sometimes my 'clients' know this sometimes they don't. Do not be so trusting to think that the Order of the Hawk is the only guild to have been hired to search for you. You're just lucky we found you first. Believe me, I knew who you were before you introduced yourself. The eyes of evil looking for you are from the Swamp of Seers. However, the eyes of protection are also watching. The search is mostly in the City-States. The man asking for you goes by the name of Drakyr. I assume you know this man?"
Wildfire

Dray

Without skipping a beat after Levin spoke, Kit, who had stopped reaching for the bacon, spoke to Levin in a most serious tone.

"Can you tell me any more of the eyes watching me Levin? I need to prepare and any information would be helpful."

She remained seated, but placed her quivering hands in her lap to hide them.