- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Mel Questions Amaril

Started by Johan, July 05, 2005, 11:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

08 Aug 591 (the night after Session 6 & Beachstock).

Inside the tent shared by T'Riad, Mel, Elberrin, and Amaril. Night had long since settled upon the beach outpost and bed beckoned the weary companions. Mel's hammock swayed to and fro as the young hobbit rocked restlessly, his skin itching slightly.

"Amaril?"

"You awake?" Groans filled the tent as his bunkmates, nearing the edge of sleep awakened anew. "I've been trying to get my arms around something, and it occurs to me that perhaps I should have asked you first. Why is it that different spell casters get the same results, but use different gestures and words, not to mention different materials?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

[color=green:364c952474][OOC] That was very entertaining all. Thanks for that.[/color]

Johan

"Oh, thanks, but no. I think I'll watch and learn. I like to watch."

Wildfire

"You're more than welcome to accompany us. That is, if you can ignore the calling for a moonlit snack."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

"Care to join us Mel? We could kneel!" :)
=]V[=

Johan

Mel followed his two campanions from the tent, mumbling and sniffing as though he had contracted a cold. He followed at a short distance and watched his two friends ebb and flow under the alien stars.

Wildfire

Wildfire

Griznuq

T'riad turns to see that Elberrin is already leaving the tent.
=]V[=

Wildfire

"If that's the way you see it then I'm not going to argue. It's not up to me to make it make sense for you. Cultures often don't understand each other. The important thing is that they try. Now, if you'll excuse me, I want to go practice my sword. Elberrin, are you ready?"
Wildfire

Johan

"How would one share a hermitage? That's confusing. The problem with you big folks is that you all seem to talk in tongues. You say things from out of nowhere, are often self-contradictory, and just make no sense. Militant humanoids from the deep indeed."

Griznuq

=]V[=

Wildfire

"One thing? I didn't say one thing did I? Wait...I said 'it's the only thing of our shared heritage'. You left out the 'shared heritage' part."
Wildfire

Johan

Quote from: wildfire"Actually no. I'm going out to reaquaint myself with the sword. I don't eat between supper and breakfast."

"Isn't that more or less the definition?" Mel asked as he walked from the tent. "I mean, once you've no longer been eating, which should really bear some rules, by the way, and you eat again, then you are breaking your fast, are you not? Hence, the word 'breakfast'. It is that time when you break your fast, right? I suppose by this solid logic, then, that any time when you eat you are breaking your fast. Does 'fast' carry some time-bound, deterministic dimension? How is it that your master could only teach you one thing? Did he study just that for all his life? I can't see how people can do that - one thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over...your eyes start to cross. Ever feel like you could fly? I think it might be fun to be a camel one day. I've heard that they never really have to drink, but when they do they can increase their body weight by a third - which is more than I weigh to begin with - inside of ten minutes. Now *that's* fast, and they don't even break."

Wildfire

"Well, like me he grew up in the monastary. So he never really got to know the ways of typical elven culture...if it can be called typical. The only thing he was taught was the sword. He passed that knowledge to me in the hopes of giving some sort of common thread to me and other elves of the world...it's a sort of cultural badge."
Wildfire

Griznuq

=]V[=