- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

A Dusty Return

Started by Wildfire, July 25, 2005, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Duthash Albyr Aryor- Valley Year 237

Mid-Afternoon.

You walk out of the Forest into Coryndar Fields. Kossuth is still hanging high in the sky and with the slight burning of your eyes from the ash it seems all too bright. You see several farm tenders vigilantly working the fields trying to earn a living. Out in the clear light of day you notice that you all have ash and dust covering your faces and bodies.

Sayer quietly hopes that there is a laundry service at the Thornhedge, Wolf seems to have relaxed after exiting the defiled grove of thorns, Maal is laboring with every step but manages to carry on, Dale's mind is racing to think of what the name of the that stone circle is and where or what he might research to get the answer, Ragnar is walking with a bit of pride at having unleashed his talent, and Maccabeus brushing the dust off of wolf and himself while walking. You are all unusually tired and weary and would like nothing more than a drink to wet your dry throats.

As you walk into the open fields you see the ash and dust flying off of yourselves with every step and breeze. Some of the field workers notice your emegence from the thicket and gather in various companies of two to four people. You see that they point at you and talk inquisitively amongst themselves.

Ahead is the large barn of Coryndar Fields.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Wildfire

"Well," Thugin says, "The sacred grove IS the Valley of Mist. 237 years ago the Valley was brought out of darkness to it's original beauty. For thousands of years it was lost...well, lost is a bad word...it was twisted and evil and no one knew why. It was thought that the gods had abandoned us. Then the 4 relics were found by a group of heroes...artifacts that kept the Valley balanced and right. They returned the 4 relics to the Valley against unspeakable odds and the Valley was brought back in what's known as the 'Great Rejuvination'. So every Qwydeon Zinnyas Basque there is a celebration to honor the Valley and its' significance."

You cross the Angelhawk Bridge into town and roll by the Mushroom o' the Stump tavern and see that it's still closed. Ahead the street is buzzing with activity. People are walking about, minstrels are singing happy tunes, acrobats are performing tricks, and the merchants are advertising their goods. It's hard to believe that so many people can fit into this town.

Thurgin slowly pulls the wagon up to the Thornhedge and says, "Is anyone getting off the wagon here?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

"Actually I am new to the area.   I've never heard of the festival, the sacred grove, or the Valley of Mists.  Please, tell me about them."
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

[color=green:1f6840e9b4]Oh, the irony...[/color]   :wink:
Wildfire

Johan

[color=green:8326495649]Hey - you misspelled "Figveil" there. You erroneously put in an "o".  :oops: [/color]
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

With a snort Thurgin says, "C'mon lad!  Don't tell me that you've never heard of the The Day of the Valley. It's only one of the biggest celebrations in the year! Threshold is the place to be for it too...other than the Valley, of course. People come from all over to join in the fests and feasts. Oh, and the contests! Can't forget 'bout them now. Why do you think the town has been so busy lately? People been passing through to go to the sacred grove. That's why Threshold is named what it is...because it's on the 'Threshold' of the Valley."

The Angelhawk was just a stones throw away and the resonant sound of the Fogveil was a soothing greeting.

[color=green:48d34fd038]OOC: this would be a good place to start the individual posts for those that want to ICD their individual goals for this day.[/color]
Wildfire

Blackspear

"Well I'll look forward to seeing ya there!  You mentioned festivities.  What are they all about?"   As Dale listens to the farmer's reply, he can't help but look at Maal and wish that they could get to Ashe's house jut a little faster.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

"It's no trouble bringing you to Ashe's. We have to go to the other side of the river anyhow. Thanks for the offer of the drinks...I and anyone else that cares to will join you tonite. We haven't seen much of the festivities yet this year and we have a day off tomorrow so what the heck...sound good to you guys?" The group of workers, especially Jarro, shouts in a "Huzza!!". Through the tunnel of trees you can see the Angelhawk Bridge welcoming you back to town.
Wildfire

Blackspear

"We're all staying at the Thornhedge, but Maal and I need to get to Ashe's home.  Is that too far out of the way?   If  it is, the Thornhedge will be fine.   We really appreciate the ride.   Maybe you can stop by the inn tonight and I'll buy you all a round of ale.  Cider for the young one" as Dale nods towards Daniel with a smile.
Blackspear

Wildfire

Thurgin shrugs and snaps the reigns on the horses to get the wagon rolling again. "Well, you be sure to have a nice walk...it's a great day for it..." Thurgin looks back again and says, "It'll be just a few minutes before we're in town. So, where are you all staying?"

The wagon pulls away leaving Ragnar behind.
Wildfire

"thanks but i belive that i will walk far more time to take in the scenery" ragnar replied " besides it gives me more time to dust my self along the path" as that ragnar says someting to mr. Thurgin ( ragnar still uncomfortable sying master) and continues to walk down the road tward the aprocing city of threshhold.

Wildfire

After the wagon creeked to a stop, Thurgin looks at the dusty ash covered Ragnar and says, "I'm sure we have enough room for one more back there. Although, you may not be able to stretch those long limbs of yours. Climb aboard!"

Thurgin half turns behind and says, "Make some room for one more guys..."

[color=green:96c4515069]OOC: Thanks for the stand in Johan![/color]

[color=green:96c4515069]OOC: Johan wrote:[color]
Quote from: greenSorry...I got a good laugh from this type-O[/color]
Wildfire

Phineas

Quote from: On behalf of Ragnar, JohanAs the cart came up along side him, Ragnar craned his neck and nodded in greeting to those aboard. "Found a ride, did you Sayer?" He asked conversationally.
"Indeed I have," Sayer smiles.  "Perhaps Master Thurgin would know if this cart would hold room for one more passenger.  If there is not, or if you prefer to walk, then we may meet in town at a later time."

Johan

[color=green:2e2ef60784]Just want to insert a note that Ragnar is not currently available for participating in this; he's been at a friend's house for a couple of days. I think that he should be back this evening, but I can't be sure as plans can change on a dime.

I'll try to represent him as best I can; He can correct me later, if he should so desire:[/color]

The road back to Threshold was fairly quiet and peacful and Ragnar's long legs chewed the distance rapidly. Dust and ash continued to plume from his body with every moment and a deep thirst continued to assail his throat.

At some length he became aware that a cart was coming along the road behind him, not speeding but gaining on him nonetheless. He cast an apprehensive glance behind him and relaxed upon realizing that this cart bore only farmers. Upon second glance he noted that it also bore the fellow Sayer as well.

Continuing his walk (it wouldn't be too far now), he strode towards the side of the road to afford the cart room to pass. The figveil ran its course off to his right, exacerbating that ever-present thirst in his cottony mouth.

As the cart came up along side him, Ragnar craned his neck and nodded in greeting to those aboard. "Found a ride, did you Sayer?" He asked conversationally. He noted that Maal and Dale were also riding in the cart, although they were at the rear of the vehicle. Maal looked far paler than usual, and tired besides.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Blackspear

Dale lost in his dark reverie stares blankly at Ragnar as they pull along side of him.   If anyone should greet Ragnar, he will snap out of his memory with a quick shake to the head and greet Ragnar in kind.    Otherwise he will continue to be lost in his thoughts...
Blackspear