- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Elberrin's Magic words

Started by Griznuq, September 13, 2005, 08:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

Elberrin approaches Mel sometime when they are camped an no one else is around to inturrupt.

"Mel, I noticed lately you were curious about the different kinds of magic." Elberrin sits down, pulls out his harp and begins to tune it. "I think I might be able to lend some insight to your questions, as I grew up amoung many wizards and sorcorers."
=]V[=

Griznuq

"Butterflies are very nutritious. The wings are a bit dry however. I find that they stick to the roof of my mouth."
=]V[=

Johan

Mel looked inquiringly at his treat. "Um... butterfly, I presume."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Griznuq

=]V[=

Johan

"Well, personally, I don't really hold with all that hokey-pokey mumbo-jumbo. What I can see, hear, feel and taste: that's what's real."

"You know, I'm starting to think that there's only one god. All these clerics pray in thier own way to some barely-understandable mystic "being", and they all really get the same ends. I think that there's only one such being, and he went to the elves and said "I want to be worshipped this way", then he sauntered to the dwarves and said "I want to be worshipped this way - make sure that you make it known that you think the elves are wrong.", Then he grunted at the orcs, saying "You workship me thisly. Hariy men and girly-men wrong; go eat them".

"After he finished running around and making everyone worship him differntly, he sat back and tried to decide which of those ways was best. Like a woman trying to figure out which dress to wear. Care for a butterfly tart?"

Griznuq

Quote from: green:94bc67763fOOC: HEHEHE I am going to take a couple levels in monk and a few in ranger and... Oh, sorry...[/color]

Well, I rather think I'm as grown as I will be. If what you are asking is what I am going to do as a profession, I'm not sure yet. I love throwing knives, and I love the bow. I think there's a sort of magic in being able to hit a target as small as a bug from a distance. After you account for the distance, and gravity, wind, the beat of your heart..." Elberrin coughs slightly.

"As I say, there's some Sorcery in my family. I tend to think I've got a touch of it myself. I know that some of my father's father's family was said to be the best marksmen in the wood, perhaps the world. Some say they had a touch of the magic in them. Their shots were uncanney! I'm hoping to someday be as great as they were."
=]V[=

Dray

[color=green:f0ac86079c][OOC] levels? Exactly how is that an in game term?[/color]

Johan

"What I'm asking is what do you want to be if you grow up? Gonna throw good levels after bad with this knife thrower deal or did you have any other prediliction that you wanted to entertain?"

Griznuq

"I'm... Afraid I don't follow... I think we may not be communicating well."

Elberrin scratched the back of his head.
=]V[=

Johan

"Ooohhh, Sorcery. Like you were all begot by a butterfly sneeze. You should have said something. I know a guy who can help you with that."

Mel smirked and looked sidelong at his companion. "Is that the direction that you're going in? You want to join the family business?"

Griznuq

"No I..." Elberrin slowed, rethinking what he had said. "I had said "Sorcery" [color=green:641a76466b]OOC: Actually, it seems I said "Sorcerery"  :P [/color]
=]V[=

Johan

Quote from: Matt"Where did the idea that there were story men in my family come from?"

"You just said that there was much storymen in your family."

Griznuq

"Story men?" Elberrin blinked in momentary confusion. "No, not so much."

"I think I would have to agree, too much time is spend in deliberation while the time for action slowly shrinks. It makes people hasty. I like to think more about what must be done, and less about what might happen."

Elberrin nods, pleased with his statement, then furrows his brow slightly, saying, "Where did the idea that there were story men in my family come from?"
=]V[=

Johan

"People are wierd." Mel responded. "I've always kind of felt my way through my life. I can't fathom why so many folks find it necessary to plan, study, to put everything they see and find into compartments. There's more than one way to roast a toad. You don't really even have to have done it before. A little thought will go a long way, but a little intuition will go much further. I don't understand why a welt or bruise raises upon my arm when I hit it, but I know it hurts, and I know how to riase them. That's all that really matters; who cares why it happens? There are too many other things to occupy yourself in this world. If you concentrate only on why what happens, you will never know what else happens. It's like studying all of your life in baking goose feet. every day and night you study baking goose feet. Goose feet, goose feet, goose feet. After a lifetime, you bake great goose feat, but you throw away the bill. That just doesn't make any sense at all. The bill is the best part!"

The little man shakes his head, as if negating some inner thought.

"So, you have a family full of storymen?"

Griznuq

"The way that I understand it, a Wizard must spend years in training, learning exact movements and chants. They must study constantly. They have to work to force reality to do what they want. The life of a wizard is one of strict laws and rigid structure.

A sorcerer, on the other hand, doesn't have to do all the same things that a wizard does because, for some reason or another, the ability is born into them. Some speculate that there's something to their lineage, perhaps descended from very powerful creatures or such.

Why it works, baffles wizards. In fact, some wizards frown on sorcerers. They say that a socerer plays at magic, doesn't understand fully. Sorcerers say that wizards are just jealous because they have spent their lives working to achieve a goal which the sorcerer simply takes for granted.

There is much sorcerery in my family." Elberrin explains.
=]V[=