- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

An arrival and A hundred questions

Started by Griznuq, February 27, 2008, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

(OOC: Did my best to recreate the missing post...on with the show)

"There is more to the goings on here though." Julius explained. "There have been cryptic sightings of what could have been Shadow Riders. Recently there was an attack on Threshold. The attack came at night. Analyzing the enemies arrows I knew then that Shadows were, in fact, the attackers." Julius clenched his fists repeatedly as he spoke.

"The Threshold Protectorate diligently followed the attackers to a small stronghold about half a day's travel to the east. After a hard fought battle the bulk of the forces were slain but the leader of the garrison escaped."

"Bastard!" the dwarven council member shouted

"Kardok...please." Julius said raising a soothing hand. "In their searching of the hideout Svenia, Avalon, and Rainfire were discovered in a holding cell and the priests that were traveling here were found...sacrificed...on an alter to Takhisis. Their hearts were cut from their chest."

"So you see Bastion...I'm afraid you've gone from one war to another. Unfortunately it's the townsfolk that you'll probably be healing."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

Bastion was a little confused by the last statement. "You... would rather I... didn't heal the townsfolk?"
=]V[=

Wildfire

OOC: I think there is a post of mine missing. I don't see Julius's explanation of the night time attack
Wildfire

Wildfire

Julius smirked but stated seriously, "oh no...please don't misunderstand me. What I mean is that inevitably it seems that the Shadow Riders will return...and in greater force. The townsfolk will be the the biggest casualties I fear." He glanced to the other council members with a saddened look. "We have lost some innocents already."

Strolling around the room Julius continued, "So, Bastion...your divine gifts will be especially useful here...but moreso your guidance for those of Sardior."
Wildfire

Griznuq

"Well," Bastion said.

He stood and straighten this vest saying, "My gifts and guidance such as they are, are available to all who would seek them. I look forward to starting my work.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Julius again glanced at the the council then back to Bastion. Nodding he stated, "Good...that's very good. Currently there are some curious things happeing in some forgotten crypts on the center river island...which is where your temple is located. We request that you meet with the The Protectorate in the morning at the Cliffside Inn to help find the answer to the mystery of the vicious spirits that are now inhabiting the sacred ground. The inn should be easy to find since you pretty much have to pass by it to go to The House of Crimson Eyes...your temple."

Julius casually pointed to the ornate key and declared, "For now, try to settle in to your new home. Anything you need to help with that...don't be afraid to ask. Make no mistake Bastion, your arrival is most anticipated by everyone in the town. Welcome to Threshold!"
Wildfire

Wildfire

I'm thinking this is the end. Would you agree Mr. Griznuq?
Wildfire

Griznuq

=]V[=