- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The First Lesson

Started by Wildfire, January 14, 2008, 07:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

"Nothing," Kit smiled as she wiped her eyes, "its' been many months since someone I cared about called me by my full name. Took me off-guard is all, also reminded me of Dad."

Wildfire

Ashe smiled at her and patted her ankle which lay just under his elevated knees that his elbows rested upon.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

'Yeah, what exactly is up with that anyway? You name me after an arch nemesis and then you get to tell him your real name? Doesn't seem fair. Why not name me Kithendri?' Jordan asked with a mental pout.

'Because deep down inside, I think Jordan was controlled like we were, so I honor the memory of a girl I didn't actually meet.' Kit answered her.

'Oh my.....that is like....profound and stuff.' She responded with barely disguised facetiousness.

"Continue on grand daughter, you are doing quite well," he complimented, not aware of the internal conversation he was missing.

Ashe leaned on his knees with his elbows and held the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger. This small act helped him to concentrate and not be distracted. 'I must not have thoughts of my brother at this moment and need to take heed of her story,' he thought to himself.

Ashe knew Whisper was listening, the clouds had not vanquished their hold on Kossuth and for a moment just then he felt a drop of rain hit his face.

Kitalia continued on, speaking of her forced slavery and the full two years[/i] of alchemy work. Ashe took in and made note of the exemplary detail of her memory in regards to the herbs and ingredients she used in their research, although he didn't question her further here, that was for another time.

She had a fleeting brief smile as she spoke of the parasites unexpected illness, which appeared a season after Kit had turned fourteen. It was made known to her when he simply fell off of her, lapsing into a comatose state. Leaving the wobbly Kit suddenly able to flee and escape. It was a freedom that was incredibly short, as she was captured before even making it out of the Keep. A girl named Jordan, who Kit thought was a fellow slave, turned on her and shot her in the leg with a crossbow.

Kit explained that she was left to bleed to death and fell unconscious, when she came too, both Jordan and Markell were gone, she was strapped to her bed in the dungeon....and...Leech was allowed in.

The punishment that would come was dire, Ashe sensed what it would be as she paused in her tale. Her body language spoke volumes of how horrific these next memories were for her. And it was plainly evident that she wasn't as prepared as she thought to tell of this next part in her tale, for the characteristic tears of Kit were once again wetting her eyes.

"Could...." Kitalia stuttered.

Wildfire

Wildfire

Dray

(OOC: WF, I combined a couple of our next posts to save time).

"Could I sit closer to you....its cold all of a sudden," she implored, her eyes again becoming moist.

"Certainly, but do you need to stop for a bit?" he asked her.

She merely climbed into his arms and rested her head on his chest. He held her in his arms with his chin resting atop her head and hugged her close. She didn't speak for awhile and he gave her as much time as she needed.

Jordan was utterly quiet, and not hearing her tears made it even more difficult for Kit to cope with what she had to say.

Kit spoke quietly in a hushed voice as she went into detail of the manner in which Leech violated her. He didn't want her too, he came close to telling her that he understood and to move on, but he then realized that she needed to tell him in detail. Something inside her compelled her too. As she discussed the four days of abuse Leech visited upon her Ashe became enraged at the enormity of the criminals' perversion. She cried during the telling but became quiet when she was finished. He in turn became enraged but held it back so as not to slip into his occasional ramblings. She folded herself deep into him, and covered herself in his rage like a protective blanket.

Wildfire

It was then that Ashe realized what she meant by truly wanting him to be her grandfather. She was using him for security, both emotional and physical. She had told him so he would become incensed with it, and use the emotion spurned from it as a weapon to protect her. He noted that he would have to reprimand her later for it, but also made note that it couldn't be too harsh, for he had invited it upon himself.

He waited for his rage to pass, which it quickly did, he buried the thoughts of revenge in his mind for later use.

"You have been very brave not only in living beyond that horror but in being able to even speak of it," he said to her.

"Please, sit up and speak more of your history. I suspect there is some happiness to come, since you must have escaped." Ashe pushed her gently into an upright position, which she took willingly.
Wildfire

Dray

'Is it over?' Jordan suddenly asked.

'Yes! Thanks for the help! Where the heck were you?!' Kit pathed back to her angrily.

'Hey! Don't be mad at me, Miss I-want-to-tell-an-Old-Man-my-whole-life-story!' she matched her tone, but then pathed in a gentler voice, 'I hid, I had found the off button, really quite clever actually when.....'

Sitting between his legs that circled her Kit ignored Jordan and continued, wiping her eyes and recovering far quicker than he would have thought.

Wildfire

OOC: Dray, looking at the file we have it seems as though the next post is yours. Did you want to add it the one above?
Wildfire

Dray

Kit seemed a bit relieved at passing the true darkness of her tale and invigorated as she continued. Ashe noted that the cloud over the temple started to break up, 'funny,' he thought, 'he didn't realize how overcast it had become.'

Kit had been retaken by Markell after Drakyr allowed her a short recovery from her punishment. She returned to her alchemy in the Keep's lab, but the experiments took a dramatic turn as Drakyr and Markell researched a cure for the disease that inflicted him.

Another entire year passed as Markell's lord became incredibly irate in the delay of the elixir he wanted created. Markell meanwhile hid the fact from him that he was having more and more difficulty in controlling his slave.

Then, a season after she turned fifteen, he lapsed into another coma while Kit was alone with Jordan in the laboratory.

Wildfire

"What's the matter Kit? Why did you stop? This promises to be the good part in your tale, no?" Ashe asked. He found himself staring at her face during the last half-hand, wondering if the beautiful lass would be able to somehow find long-lasting happiness.
Wildfire

Dray

'Yeah, why did you stop? This is the cool part!' Jordan said with a bit of glee.

"I....um....I turned to Jordan, who had been commanded to watch over Markell and me while in the lab. Drakyr was not a dumb man, he must have been leery of how much control Markell really had of me, and of how far along his sickness truly was." Kit said, she had started to play with the grass with her hands.

"Anyway, I turned to her and before she could raise her crossbow I released every bit of my pent up emotion into her." Kit said solemnly.

Kit looked at Ashe to verify he got the point. "All of it," she said ominously.

'Yeah, it was so cool, her head exploded all over the lab!' Jordan laughed wickedly.

Wildfire

"You did what you had to do my child." Ashe comforted her with a short hug.
Wildfire

Dray

"Yes well, it didn't occur to me until much later that she too could have been a slave like me, and I hadn't thought to check."

Ashe stroked her arm in comfort while Kit gathered the strength to continue.

"Anyway, after I picked up Markell and attached him to a table with a lab knife I escaped...."

Wildfire

OOC: Dray, the file we're pulling this from has more written in regards to your last post. Did you want to continue with that or play it off the cuff?
Wildfire

Dray

(OOC: I reviewed the next post and you are correct, it is my turn. But I am a bit blasted of mind and going to bed at this time. I want to rewrite this next post a bit before I make it, so I will post it at some point tomorrow).