- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The Ring within the Brambles

Started by Wildfire, September 19, 2005, 10:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Ashe saunters into the common room of the Thornhedge Inn. It is partially occupied with various patrons all of which are intent on their own business. Sitting at the Protectorates usual table is Dale sipping an ale and reaching down to his side with a little bit of food. No one seems to notice this much less care. Ashe approaches Dale and says, "Dale, sorry I was delayed but...well, you understand. Anyway, Maal is doing fine now. If you want to go then we should go now. I've been quite anxious for something like this for a very long time. Are you ready?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Wildfire

Wildfire

Johan

[color=green:170b79d702]The End, Yes?[/color]
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

"The stones are very ancient Dale. As for who built them...I must research and reflect on that aspect." Ashe says. "Well, Threshold awaits! Y'know Macabeus, there's a stone circle in the center of town too."
Wildfire

Blackspear

"Certainly.  I need to get my bearings around here.  Say Ashe, how old do you think these standing stones are?  Who built them?"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

"By all means Maccabeus." Ashe replies. "Dale, would you care to join us?"
Wildfire

Johan

"I was hoping that you would." Maccabeus replied. "I have a need to discuss some other items with you and wouldn't want to bore Dale so close to death."

He turned to Dale then and said, "Don't misunderstand, Dale, but I do have to speak to Ashe in a more private setting on the subject of our mutual patrons; it is not a conversation that I think can be carried in this common tongue, and not a topic I am allowed to share freely. I hope you understand."

"In the meantime, I'd like to see more of this place you've made your home. Could I trouble anyone for a shallow tour of this place we call Threshold?"

Wildfire

Ashe shakes his head out of his daze and says, "Thank you, but not right now. I need some time for personal insight. I' would like to come back though to give the details of this place more study. Perhaps tonight I'll return. How does that sound?"
Wildfire

Johan

"That's pretty much the extent of the grove." Maccabeus said. "This passage is the one that we took both into and out from Coryndar field; I rather suspect that it'll be grown over, if not today then soon. As I said, I think that I'll take up residence here for a time, and in so doing I'll watch for more of Zyxu's agents and will come and go by the way that we came in." He grinned at Ashe as he spoke. "I saw how you travelled through the underbrush so masterfully; I think I see the trick, but need some practice at it."

He seemed to survey the shrine and the faunt therein for a moment. "Is there anything else that I can show you?" He asked helpfully.

Wildfire

[color=green:35c5c8a574]OOC: Okay, okay...I'm back [/color]:wink:

The earthen water flowed down Dale's throat filling him with a sense of confidence. His hands felt strong, his thoughts well founded. Dale flexed his fingers and the muscles were tight and it seemd as if he could crush anything. The wisdom of the world seemed to be within his strong grasp.

Ashe looked at him curiously, "Well, how does it feel? Why am I asking you? I should just try it!" He bent down on all fours and drank directly from the fount. Stnading up Ashe seemed to go into a blank, blinkless stare as if he were watching something from far beyond.
Wildfire

Blackspear

Hey Johan,
The Belly Button Hole comment gave me one hell of a chuckle!  Thanks, I needed that! :lol:
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Johan

Hey - belly-button hole: we're waiting on you... :twisted:

Blackspear

Dale eagerly strides to the fountain and takes a sip of Grumbar's water.   While doing so, he ponders how the god of rock and dirt can have a fountain dedicated to him.  It just doesn't seem to make sense...
Then again, Kosuth the god of fire has a fountain dedicated to him as well.  And the god of air Akadi....   The more he thought about it the more his head hurt.
Blackspear

Wildfire

The rich, amber water sprayed keenly into the air. The water almost seemed to be dirty were it not for the spectrum that was made from light passing through the liquid.

"Earth mixes with air, water, and the light of fire." Ashe remarks. "This pool is unique from the others in that peculiar way. Brothac'Nyx is the meeting point for all of the elements acting as a foundation for the others to join together. Each, of course, is no greater than any other but here you see a taste of the four as one. If you were to add the power of Mahiya, to these waters great things would happen. That power is truly infinite in life. Without Mahiya the four would be nothing more than empty...they would just be there serving no purpose."

Ashe snaps out of his reverie in speaking of the fountain. "Oh...forgive me...I do get caught up sometimes!"
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus left the Fount of Kossuth and travelled further along the Bramble Way to where the Fount of Grumbar lay.

"It's a shame we didn't try Istisha's water or Akida's, while we were in those shrines." He remarked as he trod along, playfully kicking at the lush grass, revelling in its feel upon his calloused feet. "We've time, though." He added. "I know that I at least shall sooner of later try them. This temple comforts me greatly; I feel as though I am a part of it in some way." He purposefully and playfully walked into Wolf's side as he went along, adding, "Wolf likes it too, it seems. Perhaps there are friends that he might meet hereabouts."

The Fount of Grumbar was not far and presently the trio ronded the bramble path and into the chamber. "You'll recall, Dale, that this pool was not bubbling when first we came. The Agents of Zyxu has quelled its flow. Look now, though!" He cast wide his arm, presenting the Faunt of Grumbar to his companions.