- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Dark servant, Good deed

Started by Wildfire, December 07, 2005, 04:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Severen cocked his head slightly and says to himself, "That's a neat trick."

The two of them quickly made their way to the Council House and Severen knocked on the door then entered without response. sitting at the reception desk was Julius writing in book. He looked up and said, "yes Severen, oh, and Maccabeus. Why the late visit? Not that I don't expect visitors given the recent activities I just didn't expect either of you...together no less."

Severen drops the blood spotted bag of teeth on the desk and says, "These are from the those beasts that were chewing on your townsfolk. The teeth needed to be removed from the bodies otherwise they'd manifest and turn into more of them. I wanted to let you know that this was done and that all of the teeth are accounted for. Maccabeus here can verify the count since he helped me remove the teeth. Isn't that true Maccabeus?"
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

"A moment, please." Maccabeus begged the priest.

He turned to wolf and spoke softly to his great friend. "Please do not let any of these townsfolk near these dead things, friend." He requested.

Wolf licked Maccabeus's face and replied, saying: "None will touch them, but don't be too long."

"We're not going far." Maccabeus answered. "Only to that building over there to find the one they call Julius, and we expect to be back soon. Thank you."

Wolf nipped playfully at Maccabeus's long nose.

Maccabeus swatted Wolf's ears. "Nit wit." He accused his friend, then he turned back to Severen. "Ok, lead on. Wolf will guard the bodies until we return."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

"We should find Julius first. I want him to be aware of our actions before any rumors start to fester. As it is, the passerbys have been whispering about what we've been doing here. I'm sure that we can leave the bodies here and no one will touch them. I would also like to separate the townsfolk bodies from the others...out of respect. Let's see if Julius is at the Council House."

Severen grabbed the sack of teeth and began to walk towards the Rosewalk.
Wildfire

Johan

"Philosophies are interesting no matter where you find them. If I imagine allies standing together as links in a vest of mail, then you need all of your allies, and together you are strong while alone you fall to the ground. On the other hand, a person having lived a sheltered life has no tools to survive on his own. In the Dale, it's a very difficult thing to survive without your clan; it is a virtual necessity to have allies. Does that make us weak? Likewise, we have enmity at many a turn, but does that make us strong. I guess the difference becomes what's in the metal, so to speak."

"I will unequivocally agree with one point, however: it is seductive indeed to live in peace. I don't think that there can long be growth in peace, however. The unfortunate truth is that out of adversity comes growth, and often significant growth is born of significant adversity. That said, we all need to have the opportunity to make those decisions for ourselves. You and I, I think, would prefer to grow, and so would many others. They just don't think about what has to be done to get the growth that they desire. Shall we find Julius first, or burn bodies?"

Wildfire

As Severen placed the last of the teeth into the sack he said, "You have an interesting viewpoint. Personally, I think that if one can survive hard times it makes them stronger in the way that they need to be. That's where I come in. The philosophy that true followers of Takhisis believe in is making others stronger through hardship. A priest mentor once told me that 'allies weaken you, enemies strengthen you'. It's good to have allies but enemies bring to you a sense of survival that makes you strong. How seductive it is to live in peace...which usually leads to aggression thereby igniting war. You might wash in the river. It is good to wash in...good, clean, and cold water."
Wildfire

Johan

Maccabeus held the sack open dutifully and watched as Severen placed all of the teeth into it.

"Many things can make people stronger." He remarked. "Proper food is a good one. Certainly adversity will make everyone who survives stronger, but I don't understand enough of what's really going on to decide whether this kind of strengthening is good, or for whom, you know?"

"Dang, these things have a lot of teeth! Strength is a surprisingly varied quality, yes? Strength of spirit or body, strength of intellect or character. I think it is often that what strengthens one aspect weakens another, and the eternal question there is what needs strengthening at any given moment. When a deer is taken from the pack, it strengthens the bear, and perhaps the heard as well, but that deer in particular becomes weaker to the point of having no strength at all."

"Still, so long as we all return to the Great Cycle, then everything coalesces in the end. Where can we wash this muck off of our selves? I'd rather it didn't dry on me."

Wildfire

"It's a special moment when you've been chosen for divine work. You must feel honored to take that charge. Anyway, I want to bring the teeth to Julius so that he understands what we've done here. He can either take the teeth and do with them as he will or I can take them back to the temple and destroy them. I've brought a sack to put them in."

Severen tosses the sack to Maccabeus and says, "If you could hold that open I would appreciate it. I'm going to gather the teeth and put them in the sack. I would think Julius is at the Council House dealing with the night's events. Speaking of which, tough times like these make a people stronger don't you think?"
Wildfire

Johan

"These days I spend much of my time north of here, near Little Threshold, which you must have passed through on your way here." Maccabeus answered as he tossed additional teeth to clatter into the pile that was growing steadily.

"I've been granted leave to live within Mahiya's temple in that place." He surveyed their grizzly work. "Looks like we're about done here. What's next? Hauling carcasses and teeth into your Patron's temple?"

Wildfire

Severen asks, "I stay at the Temple Of Shadows across the river. Where do you call home?"

CRUNCH
Wildfire

Johan

"Huh." Maccabeus responded non-committaly. "Perhaps he already has once or twice, judging by that nasty scar he sports."

BASH!

Wildfire

"That's okay. It just can't have much to feed on. These teeth will feed on ashes if they have to. That's why they have to be separated form the rest of the body in short order. The teeth will manifest as soon as the bodies start to go cold. We started doing this just in time. Afew more hours and this town would have been overrun."

Severen kept pounding. "Someday your friend may push the wrong person and get himself into real trouble. he's lucky I forgave his ignorance."
Wildfire

Johan

"He did?" Maccabeus asked bewilderedly. "That's a rather odd reaction. Truth be told, I don't know him very well, but what I have noted is that he tends to lead with his heart, and there's not really a lot of territory between the desert and the tundra, if you take my meaning."

Maccabeus continued harvesting teeth as he spoke. Wolf sat patiently watching the work while passerby, seemingly intimidated by the great animal, gave the trio and their grizzly work a wide berth.

"Is it ok to have a bit of the jaw with the teeth when we burn them, or will that compromise the cleansing?" He asked as he inspected a piece of jaw with three or four teeth yet anchored to it.

Wildfire

"Dale...hmm. Y'know he threatened to cut off my head? All I did was introduce myself politely and he want to cut off my head. Yet I'm considered the blight on society! what do you make of that? Is he always that callous? Or does he just like to inflate his own pitiful ego?"

Severen continued to bash teeth out of the beast.
Wildfire

Johan

"Huh?" Maccabeus looked up from his work and thought about what Severen had asked. "Oh, that's Dale." He answered. "I think he arrived here just the same time that I did, which isn't really that long ago. Maal's been here for a while though. She was privvy to the first session and everything!"  :D

"Almost done with another one. These teeth are really vile. The whole beast is vile."

Wildfire

"So your a friend of Maal and...who was that next to him?" Severen asked.

Severen cast aside the second body that he'd been working on and grabbed a third.
Wildfire