- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

07.25.2127 - A Boy of the Cloth

Started by Dray, November 25, 2008, 08:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

Harrison realized he'd never mentioned his father to Emma, who probably thought he had no parents at all.

No worries.

Yes, that sorry scumbag is indeed my father, and unfortunately it would appear he's my only possible sponsor to get into the Clergy house. If he helps, it will be the first thing he's ever done for anyone but himself. That might be the only thing I feel guilt about when I make him eat his own heart.

Thanks for the information. I'll keep in touch.

... assuming Clive deems me worthy enough to return to.
=]V[=

Dray

Clive didn't return til morning, and not until Harrison was about to leave the room in disgust. He had maybe 15 more turns before breakfast would be all but wiped out in the cafeteria of the orphanage.

The white rascal walked slowly over to Harrison like a child just getting caught being naughty. A fresh message in his satchel.

Griznuq

Harrison right clicked the satchel and recieved [A Fresh Message]. He dug through his back and right clicked [A Fresh Message] to read it.
=]V[=

Dray

Spots on the ink were blotted with dried tears...she had cried for him.

I am so sorry Harrison, I had no idea. It is quite unusual for a man to be even allowed to give up the rights to his child, he must have pulled some serious strings in the Church. To think, we both must live with men such as these. If there is anything else I can do, all you need do is but to ask.

...and don't be mad at Clive, he just really likes to take naps in my bed. I love his snore.

Griznuq

Harrison really couldn't blame the rodent.

As for Emma, why was she sorry? It wasn't her fault. Why were girls always apologizing for things they didn't do? That was very interesting though, that it was uncommon for someone to be allowed to give up one's child. That only bolstered his resolve. If his father really wanted nothing to do with him, he'd have to pull some more strings and get Harrison into the clergy house.

Well, I would be interested to know his motives. Why would he discard his wife and only son. Surely there have to be records of some kind or another, right? Records of the circumstances surrounding his reassignment? I need something I can use to make him pull some strings and get me into the Clergy house?

What are we going to do with this book, by the way? I really don't like it being in my bunk, I don't want any of the littler kids to get hurt by it. Is there somewhere we can store it?

Harrison folded the note paper and gently tied it around his little friend's abdomen.

"You nap too much my friend, and you're going to get fat," Harrison joked with a smirk and a poke at Clive's belly.

=]V[=

Dray

The letter back found him via Clive in the Park later that afternoon.

Sorry again for the wait. My friend Kristen, who you met at the Ball, asked a friend of hers to do some research for you after we had come up empty here at the Temple. As it turns out, Kristen's friend works in the Department of Law & Order in the Civic District. Which I thought was pretty lucky (Kristen seems to know a lot of different people). According to her, and this is third-hand information mind you, the information her friend got is good enough for you to be able to make Jonah pull strings for you.

The boy in the Law & Order Department smuggled a copy out of the Council Hall and handed it to another friend of Kristen's, Michael Banks. He will meet you at the side entrance to the Theater District Shrine at exact 6 nighthand sharp.

All that being said, I am scared for you Harrison. Be careful and don't let him hurt you ok?

-Your Emma

Griznuq

Harrison's face flushed. He couldn't believe Emma would ask someone to find out information like this! What else had she told this Kristen person??

He took a deep breath. This was the second time she'd exhibited what Harrison considered poor judgement. The first time was when she read her father's book.

Well, he thought. Nothing to be done about it now. All I can do is hope she knows what she's doing.

Harrison was a little vexed though. He decided not to send a response. He killed some time until close to 6, and headed over. He kept his expectations low. How much information could there truely be on his rat-bastard father anyway?

Still, he had little to lose.
=]V[=

Dray

Michael Banks turned out to be a pretty kind older kid. Usually Harrison was put off by the agenda of teenagers, as they were always up to something, but Michael seemed genuinely interested in helping him. The kid was pimply-faced, had uncombed and knotted hair and was a bit lanky, but all this was in contrast to a personality that even Harrison could warm up too. He reminded him of Montey in a way.

According to the document that Michael had brought, Harrison's father was the 'Function Administrator' of the Kaine Shrine in the Theatre District, throughout the report though, a more common reference to his title was 'Entertainment Director', which didn't seem so priestly sounding to Harrison. 'Why would any priest be expected to run parties?' Harrison had thought.

So to say the least, the Capital City Guard file on his father was, at first, very confusing as he stood and read it while Michael looked on. It was a file an inch thick in parchment, and after only the first page, Harrison started skimming ahead through the pages for some quick idea of what he might find. There were lists and lists of names, mostly women, and many company entries that had Harrison really confused at what it all meant.

After giving the lad what he thought was enough time to at least take a good look, Michael finally asked, "You know what all that means don't you?"

Griznuq

Harrison looked up at the older boy, and nodded. "Oh yes. Sure. Of course..." his nodding slowed a moment, and turned to shaking. "No... No, I don't. Not at all."
=]V[=

Dray

Michael gave a kind-hearted smirk. He took a step closer to the lad so he could whisper, lest anyone from the Shrine only a few paces away overhear.

"Well it appears from all this detail the 'Caps' (nickname for Capital City Guard - the police) have on Jonah, basically calls him out as being a crime boss working for the Clergy," Michael said with a bit of enthusiasm.

Michael put his hand above and into the file Harrison held so as to point at a page. "This woman here seems to have been his liason between him and the 'sackers' (hookers)."

Harrison read the name Lorainna Prescott.

"I was thinking that if you are looking for leverage against your father, you may want to start with her. Of course, this entire file from the Caps should be leverage, but for some reason, they don't appear to be dragging Jonah in by his nads at the moment. Not sure why."

Griznuq

Harrison went into high alert. His eyes snapped up from the book to bore a hole in Michael's face. "How many people actually know I'm looking for..." Harrison lowered his voice. "...know what I'm looking to do?"
=]V[=

Dray

Michael became immediately serious.

"You are very smart enough to ask my friend, but do not worry. Kristen, Emma and I are very good friends and we are used to keeping secrets for one another. Like..." he paused a moment in reflection.

"...like the one you know of in regards to Emma's father and his use of fists? Specifically on his child?"

Griznuq

Hearing that Emma was confiding in others, Harrison couldn't help but feel a little less special. He thought her attentions were entirely on her studies, and Harrison. For a moment Harrison was jealous.

"Well," he said with a sigh. "Emma seems to trust you, as I do her. Now I gotta figure out what I'm going to do with this..." he began to thumb through the book again.
=]V[=

Dray

"Like I said, you may want to start with Lorainna as she may know more about what your Dad was up too. She operates from her home only a few blocks from here, want me to take you there?"

(Neither the DM or Michael is being a smart ass, just continuing on with the stream of thought. GREAT post btw, you got the 10 year old mind pretty accurate.)

Griznuq

Ten years old was a lot more recent for me than it was for you. :) Post coming soon
=]V[=