- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.21.2132 - Renee's Concern

Started by Dray, March 28, 2008, 05:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Temmit steeled himself. It was clear that this would be as hard for him as her concerns had been for her. He breathed deeply more than once, forcing his face to be flat and somber.

"It's getting late in even *my* education." He began. "I need to face a trial, and it's not something that I can do alone...although *you* have...three times already." He looked at her meaningfully.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

"A trial Temmit?" she asked, a bit confused.

Johan

Temmit looked to be on the fence about moving forward. But now that he had started...

"I must extract a vow of secrecy, Renee." He asked quietly at last. "I've never spoken on this to anyone, and I ask that you never do either. Until I'm dead at any rate. Do I have your promise?"

Dray

"No one knows of my sin with the Captain but you, your secret will in turn be safe with me," she said not matter-of-factly, but with much emotion that spoke to the loyalty they had grown for one another over the past years.

Johan

Temmit nodded gratefully. "You know how my family was killed in an accident?"

Renee's eyes narrowed as she nodded her understanding.

"There was no accident that day." He said. He looked directly into her eyes as he said as much. "No tree fell. No miraculous survival." The corners of his mouth twitched in a flashed half-smile. "Well, there was a miraculous survival." He corrected himself.

"We were out in the forest, near the rim." He faltered for a moment, and needed to re-center himself. His dream began to invade his waking life, and his hands quivered. He forced his dream back into the darkness. "We were attacked by a Karh'Thul. He, uh...it...killed my father first, then my mother, and then my sister. Then it came for me."

Tears were standing in Temmit's eyes, but he refused to allow them to fall. He blinked at them furiously. "I need to face one of these beasts. Not as a toddler, but as a man. I need your help to do this. Can you help me? Please?"

Dray

Renee had sat up while Temmit spoke, tears were now freely flowing from her eyes and she started to sob. She tried to answer but emotion had taken hold of her and she couldn't. She looked away for a moment, trying to once again regain her emotionally frayed mind.

Temmit merely stood with clenched fists and a hard stare of determination.

She stopped crying, took a visible intake of breath and looked at him.

"I can and I will," she said with authority.

Temmit seemed to relax only a bit.

"Temmit, stay here tonight? There are knapsacks and blankets back in a crate in the Quiet Room, if I get us them will you stay?"

(OOC: Again, curfew is a hard thing for Residents of the dormitories to check on Endday, the likelihood of you getting into any trouble is almost NIL)

Johan

I would think that many kids go to their homes on Endday, so curfew wouldn't really be up to the school.

Temmit nodded, subtle but jerky. "Thank you." He said, his voice not quite as smooth as it usually was. He was getting tired, and that put him on edge. He breathed deeply, trying to regain his composure and outward calm, then said more clearly. "Thank you. I don't think that I'd like to see anyone just now anyway."

Given the opening of this can or worms, this will be one of those nights where Temmit dreams...

Dray

(OOC: The school still tries to keep track of where kids go on Endday night, they just aren't very good at it.)

Renee got up and walked to Temmit. She seemed about to embrace him, but then stopped short.

"Lay on the cot, I will return with the items in but a couple turns," she said, and with that she did hug him.

It was an embrace of caring, compassion, warmth and good heart. She brought her entire being into him. Her face, wet with tears met the crook of his neck, her arms wrapped around under his shoulder-blades and her fingertips clasped his back as if they expected he would bolt at any minute. Even the tops of her legs met his.

Although the softness and alluring smell of her enveloped him, there was nothing sexual about her offer, the embrace resurfaced memories of the women who loved him in his past.

His Mom and Nalla.

Johan

Temmit hugged Renee back, though tentatively. He hadn't had one of those since he was a child. He had to admit that it was rather nice.

He waited for her to leave, then took a seat at the table, wishing for a cup of coffee. He had intended to read the journal, but Renee took the light with her. He sat then, in the dark; even Smokey was quiet. He took this opportunity to meditate and recover his balance.

Dray

As promised, it was only a few turns and Renee had returned. She came through the portal with a large handbag over her shoulder, a small crate in her hands and a lit lantern perched atop it.

Temmit immediately took the crate and lantern and set them on the floor.

"There is a nice knapsack in the crate, along with two more blankets," she said as she put her handbag on the table. From it she withdrew what looked like a polished steel flask and a waterskin.

"Shot of coffeecup?" Renee offered. It was a popular sweet drink amongst young women. (OOC: Drinking age is 18) But along with the alcohol, it also contained real coffee.

"I am not much of a drinker, but I think tonight deserves a sip or two to calm the nerves," she said then took a small sip, holding the flask out to Temmit.

Johan

"Anything that has coffee in it." Temmit answered tiredly. "Thanks." In truth, he just about never drank alcohol, but he drank more than his share of coffee.

After a sip, he asked "Do you mind if I ask you another question?" At her nodded acceptance, he continued on.

"In the Quiet Room earlier, at the end of the meeting, why did you turn your charms on me? I don't understand that, unless you thought that I might not be willing to help. It just seemed like you were trying to...trick me into helping." He seemed to consider saying more, but then stopped and looked at her questioningly.

Dray

"I am very sorry," she said as she pulled a nightshirt out of the large handbag. Temmit noticed that tomorrows' outfit was also poking out. 'A lady's handbag has no depth,' he had heard from somewhere.

"My only, although lame, excuse is that with everything else going on right now my head has been in a spin. In my rush to make everything right I thought that perhaps charming you wouldn't be as hard as being honest."

They stared at each other for a few moments. As they did, he knew she was truly sorry.

"And I was wrong. I should have put more faith in the noble man that you are," she finished and turned back to the cot.

She threw the over-sized night-shirt over her dress and started to disrobe underneath it. Temmit could sense that she was anxious to know if he was accepting her words.

The green dress dropped in a pile at her feet and left her with the ridiculously large nightshirt and a pair of green socks, not her best look.

Catching a smirk from him, albeit with Temmit that was a mere twitch of an eyebrow, she teased him, "If you what was good for you, you would have been less noble," she said swaying her body side to side in a exaggerated motion to be sexual and innocent at the same time. Combined with the outfit she looked ridiculous, and she knew it. Temmit could see she was doing everything she could, honesty and humor, trying to apologize.

Johan

"I understand." He said. He had figured as much already, since the advance was ludicrous to begin with.

Another saying that Mr. Cavanash (for whom Temmit worked as a carpenter) had said often presented itself to him: If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.

"Don't do it again though." He requested, a little of his earlier anger rising. "It made me angry. But we're good. No matter what." He looked at her pointedly.

Dray

The demand disarmed Renee a little, suddenly he sensed that she felt like a younger sibling being disciplined.

"Again, I am sorry," she said turning to the cot and laying down again on her stomach, kicking off her socks as she did so.

She rested her chin in her shoulders, looking at Temmit who had returned to the table where the journal awaited him. The knapsack from the crate hadn't made it past the table either.

"Aren't you going to get some sleep its," and she reached into the handbag on the floor beside her head and withdrew a watch.

"Oh my its half past 12 nighthand," she exclaimed.

Griznuq

Awe crap, you usurped his attention already? I thought it was my turn!
=]V[=