- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Character generation

Started by Phineas, October 18, 2005, 09:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phineas

(From a previous post in a differnt forum):

* Develop your character's physical traits, including the name, race, sex, etc. of your character.

* Character generation: roll 4d6, discarding the lowest roll.  Roll for 7 abilities, discarding the lowest.  Characters will gain maximum hit points when advancing levels (no die rolling for hit points).

* Develop a loose and flexible background for your character.  Is he wealthy?  An outcast?  Socially connected?  Also please make a simple, loose outline about what this character's goals are: what does he hope to achieve?  What does he hope to gain?  How do you envision his role in a party with four other people?

Example: Lucky Larry grew up impoverished along a river-side town.  He scraped out a living by running as a messenger. Running allowed him to grow strong and hardy over the years.

[color=green:85e114eb5a]HUMAN PERK PACKAGE[/color]:

If you are human, you gain the following bonus feats:

* Specialized training: Select any one (1) cross-class skill for your character class.  This skill permantly becomes a class skill for your character.  Example: Lucky Larry, a Fighter, selects the skill "Perform: dance".  This skill is now treated as a class skill for this character.

* Advanced studies: Select two (2) of your skills that have a minimum of one (1) trained rank.  You gain +2 bonus on the first skill, and a +2 bonus on the second skill. (q.v. feats "Acrobatic", "Alertness", "Athletic", etc.)  Option: give this feat your own cool sounding name, but may wish to note, in parenthesis, that this is "advanced studies".  Example: Lucky Larry selects a +2 bonus to "Perform: dance" skill rolls, and a +2 bonus to "Jump" skill rolls. The fighter renames the feat to "Legs of the Runner (advanced studies)".

Johan

So let it be written. Thanks for the clarification.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Phineas

You select a cross-class skill in which becomes a in-class skill, and you receive a +2 bonus when making checks against this skill.

As I had mentioned in a private message to one of the other players, I recognize that this may seem high, but it really isn't that much out of line with other skills at first level (I believe that at 1st level, Mirri was +9 on jump checks).

I am pushing for characters to have specialized skills. :)

Johan

So for clarity:

The "Advanced Studies" skill is a Class Skill *and* you get +2 Aptitude bonus for it? Or is that "and" an "instead"?
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Phineas

I am modifying the Human perk package in the following way (changes are notated in bold text):

* Specialized training: Select any one (1) cross-class skill for your character class. This skill permantly becomes a class skill for your character. You gain a +2 bonus aptitude bonus when making checks for this skill.

* Advanced studies: Select two (2) of your skills that have a minimum of one (1) trained rank. You gain +3 bonus on the first skill, and a +3 bonus on the second skill.

Please update your character skills accordingly.