- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Temple of the Lost

Started by Blackspear, December 18, 2005, 10:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackspear

[color=green:43ce93b65e]Ok sorry guys, I will write a brief recap.

Bare basics for this question:  Zyrithian and Shadan wizards fought a war with each other.  They discovered how to use Flaern's power to enahance their spells.   They abused her power to the point of breaking.  N'arth used to be one island.  The Sundering happened at the height of the war.  Flaern's power broke... Volcanic  eruptions and earthquakes shattered the island into pieces.   Many cities were wiped of the map.   Elsyra's ancestors were marred during this destruction.  It is commonly believed that Flaern took her wrath out on the wizards in an attempt to destroy them.

Lor'hion would know all of that except for the part about Elsyra's people.  Know one from the outside world knows about them.

Quinton would know this too.[/color]
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

[color=green:91b23feb87]I don't know...that's why Blackspear should (and will) send you an email or PM giving you some direction with this.[/color]
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

[color=green:2fe8d7ee72]Well, yeah.. I gotcha there.. but I don't know what Lor'hion would know... you know?

Or, what does he know that he knows Q does NOT know... [/color]
=]V[=

Wildfire

[color=green:41474d4364]Actually, it's what Quinton wants to know. Quinton is curious to why these people suffered the wrath of Flaern and even what the Sundering is/was. You being close to Flaern (IOW: a druid) Quinton figures that you might have some insight to this.[/color]
Wildfire

Griznuq

[color=green:d997b1d638]Sounds like it would... it's been so long, I've got no clue what she wants to know!?[/color]
=]V[=

Wildfire

[color=green:5707ad1792]The little frog woman also said that you were a "servant of Flaern". Flaern is the one that physically scarred these people.

Perhaps an email of information is in order[/color]
Wildfire

Griznuq

[color=green:4da6c3b040]Well, yeah, I knew all that, but I'm not sure how I should answer Q... Presumabley, he knows that I know all this, as I made all those flowers grow for that reason and such... [/color]
=]V[=

Blackspear

[color=green:9d40767dfd]The party is trying to rescue the poisoned Zyrithian Wizards, who are surrounded by the Deltharan Army a few miles away.   There is an underground passage from the temple to the Zyrithian Tower.    Quinton has a small supply of White Trillium and ogre's teeth, which grounded together into a fine powder, can cure the poison that the wizard's are suffering from.

The poison is derived from red trillium and is used by the Deltharites in an effort to control the populcae of N'arth.  Once the poison has been eaten, the Deltharites offer a temporary cure to their victims.  This insures their cooperation or the they will die.

A Deltharite spy managed to poison the food of the Zyrithian Tower.   Most of the wizards have been poisoned and they are dying.   The wizards will be valuable allies to the Army of N'arth, if the can only be rescued.[/color]
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Griznuq

[color=green:3d558d99e0]OOC: BS, does Lor'hoin know what q is looking for??[/color]
=]V[=

Wildfire

Quinton had some questions but knew that it would probably be safer in their dwellings. Before continueing with the strange folk Quinton tapped Flea on the shoulder and said, "It's alright. Sometimes it's better not to hide."

Quinton led the party on but quickly fell back to talk with Lor'hion. "What do you suppose they fill their stomachs with?" Quinton asked jokingly. "Anyway, have you heard of these people before? She said they suffered Flaern's wrath. Do you know anything about that?"
Wildfire

Griznuq

Lor'hion thinks to himself 'they knew were were coming... given their hospitality now, one would have thought there'd have been some help getting in. I know when I'm expecting comany, I sweep the walk way.'
=]V[=

Blackspear

"During The Sundering, our ancestors were physically scarred by Flaern's wrath.   They barely survived, but survive they did.   Ashamed by their appearance, they refused to leave the city.   Many of them fled to the caverns underground to escape the horrors that manifested themsleves in the city.

As the years went by they settled into the caverns, formed a new society and had children.   Maimed children.   Children who looked more like serpents than humans or elves.  

Our people began to become accustomed to the dark.   Our eyes grew larger and our bodies got smaller, adapting to the naarow spaces underground.   Some of our people can even see without seeing.   You would call them blind but they are not.   In fact they are aware of your little brethren hiding in the corner."  She stops speaking and points to Flea, who has an astonished, then frustrated look on his face.  

Flea can hardly believe he was discovered.  He steps out of the shadows with a sheepish look on his face.   He slowly puts his daggers back into his boot and belt respectively and walks to Quinton's side.  "Sorry," he whispers to Quinton.

As if she wasn't interrupted at all, Elsyra continues.  "Some of our mystics have foretold of the day that we would be saved by a descendant of Brendan.   He would be accompanied by the united houses and the voice of Flaern.   Together, they would set us free and return us to our ancestral heritage.

"Clearly, you are Brendan's descendant and he is a servant of Flaern." She points to Lor'hion with a bony, scaled finger, with a long sharpened claw at its tip.

"The others must represent the united houses....Come follow me, we will take you to our home and heal your wounds and fill your stomachs."  She turns and strides back toward the altar and heads down the stairs.
Blackspear

Wildfire

Quinton glances back at Lor'hion and says, "According to their prophecy we were."

Quinto reaches out to shake hands with Elsyra. "You said that you were in a plight. What plight is that?"
Wildfire

Griznuq

Lor'hion walks close behind Quinton. "Strange that they live surrounded by horrors, and yet they are willing to help those who wander blindly into their midst. Methinks they were expecting us?"
=]V[=

Blackspear

"Very well.  I know that it is not easy for you to trust us under these circumstances.  However, I will assure you again.  We mean no harm."

She steps off of the platform holding the altar and strides slowly towards Quinton with a scaly outstretched hand offered to him to shake.  "I am Elsyra.   These are my kin.   We are known amongst ourselves as the people.  Outlanders have many names for us, but most refer to us as The Lost.   We are the descendants of those who survived The Sundering in this forsaken city."

"Our ancestors were humans and elves.  We are something else entirely."

"It has been foretold that you would come and save us from our plight.   We wish to help you on your quest however we can."

She stops before Quinton and waits for him to grasp her hand in a friendly exchange.
Blackspear