- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Calling upon a Friend

Started by Wildfire, March 13, 2006, 08:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Ashe chuckles, "I think he would be...but not if you call him Stagcake! Stagcake is something you step in out in the forest..HAHA! I'm sure his son's would welcome you as well. Stagdrake is also a butcher don't you know. So If'n you like we could go talk with him right now. I need you to come with me anyways. So, we can swing by and see what he's up to."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Maccabeus smiled in egotistical satisfaction as the big hawk shimmered and Ashe alit on the fertile sod of the Ring. "Kossuth shine bright for you." He greeted the elder.

"A-yah." He said, lapsing slightly back into his Dale brogue again. "Vallen seems as happy here as Wolf does and as I feel. There is indeed some magical something that permeates the soul here." Maccabeus inhaled deeply of the moisture saturated air. It was a magnificent warm sythus morning. "Would you care for something to eat?" He asked his guest. "I've a bit of wild boar that Wolf brought for me the night before last. I spent all day yesterday cooking it. I'm thinking that I need to send the hide to that leatherworker in town." He furrowed his brow in thought for a moment. "What was that name, Trogsteak? No...Stagecake...that's it! He would be able to put it to some use. I've been thinking of trying to get him to teach me how to dress a hide, do you think he'd be willing to teach his craft?"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

As Maccabeus asked his question he could see on the crest of the magnificent hunter bird the same symbol that was upon his chest and Ashe's. The bird let out a great powerful cry and extended it's great broad wings. It leapt from it's stoney perch and glided towards Maccabeus. The feathers gleemed in the morning light and cast a golden hue upon Maccabeus's body.

As the great golden hawk approached it extended it's legs as if to land. Almost at once the hawks shaped transformed into Ashe in mid-flight and Ashe came to Maccabeus in a slowing stride. "Well, hello Maccabeus! I needed to stretch my wings so I went for a soar. I decided to stop by and see how our wooded brother-sister is doing." Ashe glances beyond Maccabeus and says, "Great Grandtree! It's grown quickly! There must be something in the water, wouldn't you agree?" Bending down Ashe greets Wolf with deep scratches on his neck and ears.
Wildfire

Johan

"Mahiya's roots!" Maccabeus breathed.

The raptor reminded Maccabeus of the giant stag that had visited him that night before Istisha replenished the Ring. That stag was also golden with silver accents.

Ashe had later admitted that he was indeed that stag, and his later words echoed in his mind then; the elder had said that at length, we could all take whatever form we chose...Shankaria had said much the same thing, but had mollified it a bit acknowledging that some never are blessed in that fashion, though all in Mahiya's service are graced to the best benefit of her service.

In any event, the suspicion that this was indeed Ashe come to visit swelled in his mind as he looked on.

"Hail, friend." He said tentatively, climbing down from the Vallenwood and alighting next to Wolf. "What brings you this morning?" He asked, hoping that if this weren't Ashe, still it would understand him.

Wildfire

"We have a visitor...a friend of ours. I sense that it is over there upon the rock of our mother-father." The tree said to Maccabeus. Looking over Maccabeus could see the Ring of Mists crowned in a mystical fog. On the top of the center stone was a hawk as large as Wolf. It had gold feathers laced with silver.
Wildfire

Johan

"Ummm..." Maccabeus stammered for a long moment as he tried to collect his mind. "I...don't think I'm as much alarmed as surprised, youngling." He managed at last. Being high up in a tree was not a new experience for Maccabeus, but awakening in one when he had slept upon the ground was a new experience for the little dale gnome. He was equally stunned by the size of the tree, it having been planted but a handful of days before.

Maccabeus had watched in fascination as the Vallenwood had grown from a seedling to a sprout to a sapling in just a few days. The little tree had a gift for music too, it seemed, as it had drummed an ancient rhythm or two in Maccabeus's mind over those days. This was the first time that the tree has actually spoken to the gnome, however, and it was the first time the Maccabeus had awakened cradled in the strong limbs.

It seemed that the Vallenwood had grown a full gnome's height in the last night.

"Uuhhbllph...Good morning." He said simply at last.