- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.27.2132 - A New Cell

Started by Johan, June 30, 2008, 11:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

Renee's face was frozen in shock. As adept as Temmit had become recently at reading her, he wasn't sure which piece of information had had the most affect.

She slowly reached up to the medallion and took it in her hand. Temmit released the chain that held it and waited.

Finally she said while blinking away the threat of tears, "thank you....for both".

Johan

"You're welcome." Temmit answered. "I've asked Leslie to get me a list of the original owners of these things...I'm wondering if a Starke isn't on it? It'll be interesting to see if Damien inherited this. It also suggests to me that Damien was looking for names to supply to...somebody." He said meaningfully.

"But onto something that I *can* fix for you...let's see what's on the other side of that wall, shall we?" He moved towards the rear of the warehouse, leaving Renee in posession of the Shield. "I'll have to raise this block again." He said as he went.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

Renee followed Temmit up the stairs after the solid block raised itself without protest. After she cast a light spell on her hand, he noted that the ascended steps were far more than he had anticpated.

"It goes straight up to a dead end and as near as I could tell, there weren't any secret passages beyond these walls," she said as she stepped along beside him. The stairwell was plenty wide enough to allow them to walk up it beside each other.

Johan

The passage was just as Renee described it, not that Temmit expected anything different.

Once at the end, Temmit placed his hand upon the wall, and delved into himself as he had earlier, concentrating upon the far side of the wall.

Dray

It was surprising to him how easy it was to project his spirit through the barrier. The outer-body experience felt as natural as jumping into a pond and swimming. The fact that he could still command all of his other senses (except vision) in his physical form (that remained behind) made him feel like he was two places at once.

"Technically, I think you are," Smokey offered.

Temmit's clairvoyant spirit arrived on the other side of the wall, which Temmit (somehow) sensed was very thick. Looking about, he was disappointed that the room he found himself in was without illumination. This limited his vision to only 10 feet around the point where he had arrived.

To his right and left, the wall he passed through was behind him, and it stretched into the darkness and beyond. In front of him, just in front of the darkness, was a tall storage shelf, the steel and wood shelves starting two feet above the dirt floor and occurring in two foot increments until they passed beyond the range of his vision.

The shelves were on an open, steel-strut frame, and completely full of a myriad of objects. Most of which Temmit identified as theater props, costumes and the like.

Johan

Temmit closed his mind to the far side of the wall, and smiled. "We're in the Theater District." He said. "At least, I think we are. There is a room beyond this wall, and in that room there are shelves of costumes and set props. The other side of this wall must be the basement of a theater."

He thought on that for a few moments. If we could open the wall, it might make an excellent entryway."

"But now, I have to make curfew, I think."

Dray

Renee looked at her watch in the light of her spell.

"You have a little over a half-hand, you should just make it," she said. Before he could turn back down the stairwell, she stopped him with a gentle hand.

"Temmit," she said meaningfully, "thanks".

Johan

"Any time, Renee." Temmit answered sincerely, patting her hand the way he had seen many elders do. "We'd best hurry along though.

As they descended the stairs, he did venture a question. "I was wondering though," he began. "Do you think that tomorrow after school I might be able to study that Shield? I ask because I got a really wierd sensation when I picked it up first: I could feel Damien's touch on it. It was like, had I found it laying in an alley, I would have known beyond doubt that it had belonged to him. I'd like to...I don't know...interrogate? the Shield to learn more about it. You think that we can meet after school tomorrow and get into your hidey-hole for a hand or two?"

Dray: I'm not sure that this has to be played out in ICD or even in game. We've both got the description of what's going on. I don't think that this ability reveals names, althoguh it says that it always correctly identifies the original owner and the last owner, the details suggest that it only gives race (like that's usefull here...or is it? :)) gender, age, and alignment (and how they got / lost the item). You could just send me an e-mail (or post a thread) with that information.

Other than that, I think that we're one here.

Thoughts?

Dray

"I may be busy tomorrow night with matters concerning Martha," Renee offered as she walked along down the stairs with him. "But you can take it for study."

"And please feel free to use my room if you need privacy," she added.

Johan

"That'll work." Temmit said. "You can count on my needing privacy, and I appreciate using your room. And while you're taking care of Martha, you might want to take that sack with you."

Dray

"What's in it?"

Temmit understood from the flatness of her question, she already knew.

Johan

Dray