- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.27.2132 - A New Cell

Started by Johan, June 30, 2008, 11:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

"Do her!"

Temmit quickly hid his flush with a pretended sneeze into the crook of his arm.

"Well, there are a lot of questions that I have." He said, completely oblivious to anything but the joke that nestled in Smokey's whisper.

"For instance, what do we do with Damien? How do we get him out of here? And what of Martha, still tied up in her doll shop - can we get rid of her entirely and report her failings to the Warden? Can Whisper immediately begin using this cell for our meetings? We could perhaps use the shantytown entrance, but where does that come out? Will any of Damien's cohorts, should any remain, come along looking for entry? What do we do about Faithborn? If anything, I mean." He seemed to falter for a moment, his lethergy gaining hold of him again, despite the coffee.

He cast about, and noticed that he had risen and begun pacing. He looked at Renee, still sitting upon the floor. "Just for starts." He said quietly.

"Do her!"

"Ah-choo!"
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

Renee gave him a knowing smile.

After what felt like a full turn, Temmit crossed his arms at his chest and gave her his signature raised eyebrow in query.

Renee giggled as she continued to sit on the floor. "Well what do you want me to address first?"

Johan

Temmit shrugged a bit and said, "I suppose we need to start with what we do with Damien? Personally, if there were no politics to be had, I'd throw him into the kitchen shaft...piece by piece. But his fate is bound to Martha's, I think, and we would need to deal with them both at the same time."

"I think that they are the place to start, since I have to be back in my dorm in a hand, and I would think that he needs to be dealt with before that."

"Then, what do we do? Leave this place open to the lowtown public while we're gone? Is that even an issue? With your contract with Zephlin, will these stores be safe here unattended?"

Dray

"While Cordello's men don't guard the underground passages beyond his own underground palace, he is in many ways the governor in LowTown," Renee said. Temmit sensed the beginning framework of a story.

"He is reputed to not only be a powerful wizard, but also the commander of hundreds of men in the Underground. Experienced men who know the passages down here like the back of their hands." Renee stood up as she spoke and walked over to Damien to check on him.

"All who dwell down here pay heed to his words and do not dare go against him." She noted Damien's wounds were still bleeding and the man looked worse for wear. She looked back to Temmit without concern for the prisoner.

"One of his laws is though shall not pilfer or interfere with those who dwell in his cells he has leased."

(OOC: Questions?)

Johan

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification.

"All right." Temmit said. "That puts me a bit more comfortable. Although I'm not sure whether all those men might already be aware of the transfer of ownership."

"And it does leave me wondering about any errant members of Damien's plan. I don't think that we should simply leave him here unattended, you know?"

Dray

"I thought of that. But we are facing with only choices with actions that can't fit into the limited time we have." Renee looked back at Damien again. Temmit now sensed what was on her mind, the decision was easier for her to make when there was danger about, but now....

She turned back to him with a quickness that it actually surprised him, her body language had not warned him.

"He's more of a statement to the Council if I send him back alive," she said, almost challenging him. Temmit suddenly realized that she had picked up on his understanding of her perdicament.

Johan

"Is he?" Temmit asked pointedly. "A notion presents to me: I would think that his head would make as much a statement to the council as the live version, at least from the perspective that he elluded their detection. AND I think that Damien's head, presented to them in Martha's presence, would be a fairly loud message to her as well."

Temmit was surprised at his own ruthlessness. But logic dictated that this would be the best course of action. Damien "escaped" from the Warden once, and Cyric's sense of fairness might afford Damien that opportunity again. That was an unacceptable possibility. And Martha would get her message as well, in addition to the Warden knowing that she had betrayed them as well. It really tied itself into a fairly neat package, and the cost was to Whipser's advantage as well.

He watched Renee's face and tried to read her thoughts at the same time. Knowing that time was not just then their ally, he paced a bit, drawing closer to Damien's still form...he became keenly aware of Damien's beautiful masterwork dagger, which was now placed upon the writing desk.

Dray

Renee's eyes watched him pace back and forth.

It was in the moment that her shoulders slumped, just before her eyes fell to the floor in defeat, that he knew she had realized the truth behind his words.

"She has already killed many this day."

Johan

"Let's digest this, and come back to it in a few moments." He suggested. "Can you join me in the store room for a purview?" He asked and moved towards the door.

Dray

Renee looked up at him, gave a sigh and then made a visible mental attempt to steel her resolve. She nodded and followed him to the warehouse.

Johan

As they made their way through the cell, Temmit described for her the various insundry items that he had found on the thieves (omitting the dirty romance novel).

They arrived at the warehouse, and Temmit directed her at the pile of valuables that he had left there. As she began her inspection, he slapped his head.

"Dangit!" He exclaimed. "I forgot something. You familiarize yourself with these and I'll be right back." He moved back towards the door...

Dray

Renee whistled in appreciation at the obvious value of the stash.

"You weren't kiddin," she said without turning from one of the crates she inspected. Temmit noted her disinterest in stopping him, and went back to Damien's room.

Temmit surreptitiously grabbed a sizeable sack of salt on his way out of the warehouse and left Renee pondering their bounty.

Johan

Temmit re-entered the warehouse and cast about immediately for Renee. He didn't see her.

He placed his sack on a shelf near the door and heard the now-familliar grating of a stone barrier sliding into place.

"She must have gone up to see where that entry way exits up in Shantytown." Smokey offered.

"Thanks." Temmit pathed back to him, half wondering why the little crystal had been so silent for so long.

Temmit moved towards the rear of the warehouse, carrying Damien's personal effects as evidence of what he had forgotten.

"You all right?" He called after the stone had stopped grating.

Dray

"Yup," she said, her voice echoing within the remainder of the stairwell.

"Good news, bad news," she said after coming through the archway and back into the warehouse to join him.

"It appears that exit was blocked off decades or perhaps centuries ago by new construction above. The stairs lead to a big concrete block wall that I couldn't hear anything through," she finished.

(OCC: My recollection Johan is that you and I never established where the stairwell went. If I am incorrect in this, and if I am in err on where it goes, please tell me so.)

Johan

Nope...you're correct about that. Never investigated. I'm going to be interested about that anyway, and my far sight ability will be used to find that out.

"I have more good news / bad news for you." Temmit said. He held up the Outlands Patrol Shield and said, "Damien had this...back when he was alive." He studied her face and eyes closely as he revealed these pieces of information to his leader and friend.