- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Kit's Life

Started by Dray, March 19, 2006, 12:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

Laren's Eyes began to droop on his walk. He found a mossy patch beneath a huge tree and rested for a moment. Before he knew what hit him, he was fast asleep.
=]V[=

Wildfire

Ashe looked to Jarmok and handed him the two pouches of vials and said, "Be sure that Laren gets one of these" indicating the red pouch. "May the luck of Sardior and the grace of Mahiya be with you tomorrow."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Griznuq

Laren finsihed the spot on the floor he was working on and put the mop and bucket in the corner. He stopped by Kit's bed side and patted her arm. Silently he left the building.
=]V[=

Wildfire

After a little while Ashe walked back in to the house and his head and shoulders were completely drenched. "OH! That feels so good!" He still had the dark circles beneath his eyes but the cut on his temple was completly gone. "That head soak was exactly what I needed. I'm still very tired though."

Ashe looked around the room at the blood soaked linens and mess on the floor. "You guys should get some sleep. I understand that you have a busy tomorrow."

He fumbled around in a small chest under his table and pulls out a fistful of vials. He lays them on the table and grabs two of them. "Here, these two potions will make both of you feel rested. You won't be getting much sleep tonight so in the morning drink these and it'll revitalize you. These six here are good for healing. There's one for each one of the Protectorate."

"Jarmok, I'm sure you remember how to get to the Ring of Mists where Maccabeus is. If you would get him and bring him here I would be most grateful. Then go get some sleep. Kit will be fine. She'll be sleeping for a good long while. Depending on how things go with the ruins, be back here as soon as you can. She listens to you best of all. That may become useful. Laren, you've been an exceptional help here tonight. But now you should get some rest. Let the others know that Kit is doing well but she won't be going with you guys tomorrow."

He puts the six healing vials in a small green pouch and the other two in a dark red pouch. He gets up from the table and offers the pouch to whoever will take them.
Wildfire

Griznuq

Laren wearily continues to mop.
=]V[=

Johan

Jarmok began to clean Kit's body as best he could with what few unstained linens remained. The mess was horrific. This was more blood, he thought, than a full-grown stag would release during its hanging and letting time.
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Ashe stepping outside says, "Yeah...move her to another bed. Put her on her belly too. I need some time...to..." Ashe's voice trailed away as he walked further away from the house.
Wildfire

Johan

"Ashe?" Jarmok asked hesitantly. "Is can clean, move to clean bed? Or maybe want 'Cabeus...can go get if more helpful."

Dray

Immediately upon drinking the milky white fluid Kit remarkably improved, her skin flushed with pink color, the blue in her extremities vanishing. Her muscles stopped visibly cramping and her convulsion ceased. Her last small cough was the one she made before the last two gulps.

As Kit spoke to the two men her eyes became clearly aware of herself, but she was in such a state of exhaustion she didn't react.

As Ashe motioned to take a step outside, Kit whispered, this time in a ragged and worn voice, "Ashe...thank you", and slipped once again into unconsciousness.

Covered and surrounded in her own blood, naked on a patients table that was her ruined battlefield, Kit slipped into a peaceful sleep. Jarmok continued to gently cradle his friends' head.

Wildfire

Ashe blinks after what seemed like an eternity. He removed his hands from Kit's head and slowly got up from the bed. He rubbed his bloodshot eyes and cracked his neck and knuckles.

He stumbled slightly and said, "Girls her age are supposed to think about ponies and kissing boys for the first time. She's had a hard life for any age. Her head is filled with nightmares."

Ashe slowly sat down at his table and continued to rub his eyes. "She'll be alright now. She needs to sleep. If you two want to stay you're welcome to. If you want to get some sleep there's some beds over there. Or you can go back to the inn. If you go back I'd ask that someone get Maccabeus so that I might get some sleep...if I even can."

Ashe lifted his head. He had large dark circles under his eyes. "I can't thank you two enough for your help. I need something to drink."

Ashe rose from his work table and proceeded to walk outside into the morning air in a sort of trance.
Wildfire

Dray

In a matter of moments Kit's body had returned to one of ravaging internal violence. The muscles, which had found solitude in the dormancy of unconsciousness, now rebelled and tried to escape from to the destruction of her lower spine. Her still cold skin caused her to shiver spasmodically. Her teeth ground behind blue lips and cold sweat dripped from her furrowed brow as she dug her fingers around the mattress, gripping the bloody sheet in both hands. As Ashe held her head above the mattress, she tried to focus her attention on him and control the myriad of reactions of her body. The enormity of the struggle she fought left Jarmok incredulous, as she let out half coughs and slight gags while fighting for each breath.

Although Jarmok wondered if she would make it to see Kossuth rise in a few hands, an arrow of pride shot through his heart. The girl was now doing everything she could to return to them, to return to her friends.

Kit released her stranglehold of the sheet with her right hand and reached up to her breasts to grab the pendant. In her bloody hand the symbol of Paladine disappeared as she slowly closed her eyes and tried to meditate.

Miraculously, she focused. Although her body continued to wrack her mind she was able to calm her breathing and completely hinder the convulsions in her throat. She opened her eyes and looked at Ashe with a look that required no telepathy to understand.

The moment was now.

"Laren, now! Pour the drink down her throat!" Ashe shouted in his excitement. Ashe gripped her hand tightly.

As Laren raised the decanter of milky white fluid to Kit's lips, Ashe and Jarmok noted that Kit's focused mind was already expended and the moment was slipping past.

"Hold her Jarmok! Grasp her head so it can't jerk away!" Ashe demanded, still shouting as he was now slave to the event and his own exhaustion.

Jarmok did as he was instructed, quickly stepping behind the head of the bed and wrapping an arm around her forehead as Ashe gripped the back of her neck and Laren poured the precious fluid into her mouth.

Kit took four large gulps of the fluid, lightly coughed a moment as Laren tipped the decanter away, and then drank two more.

Dray

This marks the END of the *** PSYCHIC SURGERY *** portion of the thread. Thanks for reading!

Dray

Ashe said to Kit, "I want you to lie within the image of yourself in the bed. The two of you will become as one. Then I want you to breathe the deepest breath you have ever taken...on my word."

Kit trembled as she climbed onto the bed and into her ghostly and injured image. Her teenage image was notably bigger than her, her eleven year old feet didn't quite reach her fifteen year old feet. She hesitated in lying down.

"It's going to hurt Ashe....Grandfather," she said, correcting herself even though in tears.

"I will not lie to you my child, it will hurt, but I am going to make the pain go away. I will be with you every moment and will not allow you to slip away. Now, you must help me help you."

Kit lied down inside her older self, crossed her arms on her chest and tightly closed her eyes, waiting for the pain.

"Remember now, big breathe as soon as you wake up." Ashe said, dreading the next inevitable moment.

Another anxious moment of waiting passed and then Ashe announced, "This will be violent, do exactly as I say after she wakes."

Ashe paused for a moment, to gather every last bit of psionic strength he had left. He then reached for Kits head and released it into her two forms.

A moment later Kit woke with a sudden and loud intake of breathe rising her upper torso almost off the bed. She immediately started to cough, gag and convulse and her eyes spoke of the reintroduction to all of the pain once suppressed by the ignorance of unconsciousness.

Ashe looked haggard, he seemed to age in seconds before Jarmok and Laren's very eyes, he reached behind Kit's neck and pinched her hard, making her focus on him.

"Fight it Kitalia, fight the urge to cough, can you do that!" He yelled at her. "Control the pain, focus your mind, I know you know how!"

Kit looked at Ashe in total recognition of who he was, she nodded and then grimaced with the effort, trying her utmost to obey him.

Dray

Ashe's thoughts went back to his own final moments with his wife. Her departure was almost more than he could bear. What that loss meant to him still was the driving force behind who he was. Now there was more, there was the girl whom he knew he would take on as a student.

As he walked along side Kit, the enormity of what he and she just went through struck him. He hugged Kit with all the love a guardian could give a child. This poor girl, sobbing in his arms, had a strength that few could ever have. A change in her was inevitable, he would help shape that change.

Kit for her part sobbed only a short while, and stopped suddenly when they reached Ashe's herb shop. For standing in front of the herb shop, waiting to greet the girl home was all of the Protectorate. Behind them, all the people she cared for in the world were also waiting, Kyle, Julius, The Captain, Pappy, her tin merchant Kayle, Warden, and her parents. All who loved her brought her into their group as she and Ashe reached the threshold of the shop.

"Dray said, physical world...we are not in it are we Julius," Kit asked after giving her father a long embrace. They all had stopped to listen and watched on, not one of them had offered a word as each hugged her in turn.

"No they are not my child, they are merely loving projections from your own spirit, a spirit that overcome the greed of an unspeakable evil. Now it is up to you to finish this, we must get you inside so your mind can awake from this and return to the world with new fire." Ashe said with one hand on her shoulder.

"But I want to stay with them? Why can't I stay with them Ashe?" Kit pleaded.

"You've had an impact on many lives in your short life. They all care for you and have loved you, each in their own way. In honor of their living and spiritual memories you must leave them here and return to our world. Do not allow your parents to have died in vain, do not allow these people both living and dead, suffer the loss of one that has meant so much to them. Carry on in life and honor their memories by becoming the person you were meant to be before the tragedy took that person away." Ashe felt an unbidden tear fall from his eye, how like the situation with his brother this present ending was.

"Soon you will have to put your fear behind you and be brave once more against those who would do unto others what has been done to you. Do you want to save others from your fate Kit?" Ashe asked knowing her answer would be his final test of her unknowing bid to be his student.

"I would go through all that we have just endured forever if it would save just one small girl my fate." Kit said with a brave but tearful face.

Ashe kneeled down to the image of the eleven year old kit and took her into his arms. "I love you too Kitalia, I will do everything I can to teach you in harnessing your abilities to save others." Ashe said crying, after a moment he stood once again and said with a smile as he reached for the door, "From now on you are to call me Grandfather"

"Now, Let's go inside, you aren't safe yet and there is much work to be done."

Kit nodded her understanding and walked with Ashe to the door. The group of people faded as they passed the threshold and Ashe noted they were gone as he closed the door.

Ghostly images of Jarmok, Laren and Ashe reformed near the bed, next to the last transparent figure of an older Kit who was near naked and in dire straits. As Kit and Ashe approached, Kit let out a gasp at her dieing image upon the bed.

Kit continued to lay on the bed in that state, her eyes open in an unblinking stare at the ceiling.

Without warning the tension in Ashe's face relaxed considerably, he then took in a deep breath and actually turned his head to his assistants. "Are you both ready? Kit is here now, and is ready to come back to us."

Both Jarmok and Laren nodded in enthusiasm, incredibly relieved to once again do something to help and not to only stare at the man.

"On my word?" Ashe said with relief in his tone, but tears in his eyes. He turned back to Kit and became a statue once more.

Johan

Jarmok concentrated hard as he spoke slowly. "Of course...I...for...give you, Kit. I...love...you."

He hoped that her mind would hear the voice that she needed to hear, and not his own poor and broken one.