- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Kit's Life

Started by Dray, March 19, 2006, 12:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

Dray and Kit knelt on the ground holding each other tightly, the cloths around their faces having been removed while in the air.

"I need you to do one more thing for me my love. I need you to go with Ashe back to his place in town and do what he instructs, can you do that?" Dray asked her as he pulled his head away from the embrace to look at her in the eyes.

"But what....where are you going Dray?! You must come with us!" Kit demanded in a sudden panic.

"But what....where are you going Dray?! You must come with us!" the closed eyed Kit demanded to no-one in a sudden panic.

"I cannot my Kitalia, I cannot enter this village without creating a disturbance in the physical world." Dray stated, stressing the last two words. "Ashe will explain this when you get to his home. Do this one last thing for me Kitalia, and do not fret, we will see each other again soon."

After a silent voice answered her, a voice that apparently only Ashe could hear, she spoke again in the whisper.

"But I have so much to tell you Dray, my heart cannot bear it any longer, I must ask you...I need to ask you for your forgiveness." Kit's whispered voice broke with emotion. Her bloodshot eyes opened and pleaded with the vision that didn't exist in the room. Tears welled up around the blue gems that felt no relief of a blink.

"But I have so much to tell you Dray, I cannot bear it in my heart any longer to not tell you...to ask you for forgiveness." Kit cried.

"Your plea for forgiveness is not yours to make my love, I bear no ill will for your part in the crimes committed against you. You are an innocent in all this, and my love has only grown stronger for your courage and bravery in all of this." Dray said in a solemn voice.

With that he put a finger up to her lips to interrupt her next words, and replaced it with his lips for one final kiss. "Go now Kitalia, time is running short."

With that Kit looked to Ashe for mercy, wanting him to forbid their departure, but Ashe merely took her under his arm and guided her slowly away from Dray, who stayed kneeling on the grass.

As he walked the trembling Kit away from him, Dray telepathed a final message. "Dray will be aware of none of this, since I am not him. Be aware of the prophecy, for it is a dynamic."

With that, he was gone, and Kit somehow sensed it and cried harder.

Wildfire

"Her dream...is...is ending. I just have...to bring her...through...and...in. She has...to say...her goodbyes. Then..she'll be ready." Ashe wanted her to drink the potion but too soon could be disasterous. He wanted to explain the ordeal in her mind to Jarmok and Laren but he needed to stay focused and with her. The attention he was affording them was all that he could spare, brief as it was.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

Upon Jarmoks' embrace kit had immediately calmed.

Jarmok separated from his bear hug but kept her wrists pinned to the mattress.

"I love you too Dray, I miss you so." Kit whispered.

"I love you too Dray, I miss you so." With his dragon hearing, Ashe heard Kit whispered to Dray within the pocket. It only made him fly stronger. With blood flowing out of the wound on his head he turned to take one last look at the three towers, one last time and was shocked at the scene behind him.

With his keen dragon sense he watched an image of Kit, an older one, in a flowing white dress. One moment she was standing with her arms stretched to the wind, the next she was violently ripped apart by a claw from the diving great platinum dragon.

The imagery confused him for a blink of an eye, Dray had mentioned prophecy, and this thought made his heart sink.

Feeling the thought slow him, he banished it into the recesses of his mind, 'there will be time to ponder this later' he reprimanded himself.

Souring away from the nightmare, he soon soared out of the desert storm and left it behind. The clouds magically transformed from threatening grey clouds of lightning into scattered clouds of white beauty. The landscape below changed from choking dead sands to lush green forest.

Despite his weariness and the wound in his head he smiled, Threshold was ahead. This what Kit must now consider home, and the thought brought warmth to his heart.

He landed just outside the village and deposited the two children on a soft patch of grass.

With renewed energy of victory he transformed back into his human form, into Ashe.

Wildfire

Laren and Jarmok, concentrating on the mysterious episode, could see Ashe's left temple open up into a large bloody cut. Ashe, barely audible, whispered, "I'm okay...Kit's going to live. Stay ready with the brew Laren...I'm getting...very tired...We're almost...there. Jarmok...If I pass out...you m-must...get that drink...down her throat."
Wildfire

Johan

Jarmok grabbed his friend's hands and wrested them from her throat. Kit was surprisingly strong, but he was able to haul her arms down to her sides. He then wrapped her in a bear hug and supported her, trying to reduce the strain that her wracking visited upon her back. "Is drink time?" He asked urgently.

Ashe stood in pain, his leg screaming in protest. He could barely hear Dray and Kit choking to death for the closest tower was exploding violently, boulders the size of houses were thundering to the ground, some close enough that the powder they spread made things worse.

He limped over to his two charges, despair starting to overtake him, he was psionically spent, there simply wasn't enough energy within him to repair the leg.

As he got close enough to the children to see them he saw that Dray had crawled over to Kit and tied a cloth over her mouth and she had stopped coughing. Dray then stood up, and did the same thing for himself. He looked at Ashe with an amazing amount of courage and telepathed, "What can we do?"

Ashe steeled his resolution to match Dray's. 'What could he do indeed.'

Even as he tripped and tumbled, Ashe knew he had to call upon Mahiya to aid him. He banished his despair, for he cared not for himself, all he cared for was Kit. He would gladly give his own life to save her. The greed of Zyxu would not take them. The years of built up despair Kit had was now being manipulated by outside forces to claim her soul. Ashe, in his determination, found new energy to carry on.

He changed back into his human form. The dust and wind stung his eyes but he had endured far worse before. The transformation into the new image healed his broken leg. He stood up before Dray and with confidence put a hand on his shoulder.

Lifting his head into the choking sands that did not affect him he yelled, "Zyxu...Eye...you will not take me...YOU WILL NOT TAKE HER!! ZEBULON!!"

The tattoo on Ashe's chest burst forth in a brilliant radiant light. It consisted of four distinct colors: Sapphire, Emerald, Amber, and Fire. Ashe took a few steps backward as his body began to transform once again. Wings erupted from his back as, his arms and legs lengthened changing into massive scaled appendages with clawed feet. His face elongated and his head sprouted horns. His skin changed to the color of polished steel and the symbol on his chest glowed with such brilliance that it dismissed the surrounding darkness.

Ashe's Steel Dragon form was enormous. He extended his wings to shield Kit and Dray from the wind, boulders, and dust. He extended his head and let out a deep roar as though to scream at the storm. Reaching down he scooped through the sand to pick up Dray and a weakened Kit. "I am an archangel of Mahiya! You are a soldier of Paladine! Together we will bring her out of this storm! Hold her Dray! Hold her as though you were trying to give her life!"

Tucking his hand to his chest and thereby creating a protective pocket, Ashe stretched out his wings and jumped into the air and took flight. In his ascent, a boulder came plummeting from the sky and crashed into the left side of Ashe's head opening a large wound.

Wildfire

Ashe yells, "Jarmok, hold her down! She'll hurt herself!"Ashe said with what energy he could muster. "She's in a dream and is reacting according to her visions!"
Wildfire

Dray

She was quiet for many moments, while Ashe continued to hold her head, a stance he had been in for what seemed like an eternity. Laren thought that statues moved more than he had the past hand of time. Then again without warning Kit suddenly broke out in wracking coughs. Her torso rose off the mattress with nothing but the back of her head and her ruined lower back for support. She frantically brought up her hands and started clawing at her throat.

Ashe could hear Dray and Kit choking in the blinding swirling dust, as he tried to stand with the earth still quaking he realized one of his legs was broken, the bone sticking out of the hide of his right front leg.

'No!' he thought in horror, 'we were almost there!'

He had never before incurred an injury while in a patients' mind. 'I am going to lose her! The Eye is too powerful for me!' Ashe thought in a panic.

Dray

As the pendant of Paladine touched Kit's chest the tears stopped running and her crying quickly stopped. Her breathing returned to a normal rhythm of true sleep.

Time jumped back to full speed in a flash, almost startling the stag's gallop. A moment after a great Platinum Dragon flew not more than two dozen feet overhead from behind them, startling him again. It rushed ahead of them towards the towers.

"The dragon will see to it that the towers do not hinder us Mahiya," telepathed Dray to Ashe. "Charge around them at a distance, Kit should not look upon what is happening there, the prophecy will only serve to confuse."

Ashe, in full gallop nodded his understanding. Although he loved Mahiya with all of his heart he held a great admiration for Paladine who would act as a champion for the weak. He was so grateful that he said a small prayer to the deity. "Majestic Volendan, you are great in deeds of love and mercy. May you continue to lend your strength in times that she will need it. You are an honored son of Nyx and a parent that will always offer grace to thy children. Stay with her always."

Finishing his prayer the Great Golden Stag that was Ashe turned all of his effort to getting through the nightmare. He dashed through the thinning brush. Ahead were the nightmarish Towers of Zyxu. Behind them the storm was so violent and that gusts were forming into tornadoes but the projected land was unnaturally changing. The almost blinding rain was being replaced quickly by a hot, dry and raw wind that blew dust and ash in great swirling twisters around the Three Towers.

Ashe banked wide to avoid the towers and the twisters just as he was instructed. The great platinum dragon banked right and ascended out of view, Ashe could not turn to watch it, and he knew this is how it should be, for Kit was not meant to watch it either.

As they galloped across the ruined desert that surrounded the Towers and were almost a quarter turn around them, a great quake started to shake the land. The land below his hoof bounced so suddenly that he and his riders were thrown. Dray and Kit were violently tossed through the air as he went tumbling end over end in the choking Dust.

Johan

Jarmok, his hands still shaking a little as the night's adrenaline wore down, pulled at the frayed drawstrings of the leather pouch and withdrew the frail chain and its pendant. The chain untangled with surprising ease, thankfully.

He thrust his long hand through the loop, draping it over his wrist, and then placed his hand atop her head. Easing her head up with his other hand, he slipped the necklace and pendant down onto her neck.

"Is pendant, Kit." He said. He didn't trust his voice to carry for more than short sentences. He grasped her hand and placed it upon the pendant, now hanging from her neck. In her other hand he pressed the worn leather pouch. "Kossuth up soon." He said. "Make sky pretty. Ever see Kossuth rise?" He asked, hoping to pull her out of her apparent despair.

Dray

As Ashe made the request of Jarmok, Kit began to cry quietly. Her eyes, closed for the entire ordeal remained so, but tears streamed down across her temples before getting lost in the mess of the mattress.

The soft sobbing was still in the same etherical whisper and was bereft of choking or pain-induced stuttering, but there was an incredible tangible note of despair and loneliness within it.

To Jarmok she sounded as if she were a young wolf pup, abandoned and isolated in some far off wilderness.

"Tell her!" he empathed to Dray's mind.

Then the event that linked his fate with Kit's occurred, a moment that Ashe would never forget.

Dray pulled an arm around the front of her shoulders and drew the side of her face to his lips. Time drastically slowed down, Ashe along with it. His hoofs hit the ground slower than a mechanical clock tick. The rain drops became streaks of water as they hesitated in their descent. The rhythm of his heart pushing his slowed muscles became an evident timekeeper to the scene around him.

The moment had such portent that time slowed for it.

"I, Paladine, am with you my child, as is Mahiya. Be brave, your Lord waits on the other side of this chaos for his Queen." Dray whispered sweetly into her ear.

Wildfire

Ashe, barely audible said, "We're...very close. Jarmok...g...good job."

Ashe's voice was one of fatigue. Dark circles had formed under his eyes as if he'd been awake for days. While staring at Kit Ashe never once blinked.

"She'll...need...her necklace...Jarmok...put it...on her...now...." Ashe's voice trailed away as though his attention was diverted by something far away.

Ashe's heart almost burst with a flood of emotions. Dray swept her up onto the back of the Ashe placing her between him and thick neck of the stag. "Hug the stag's neck...this is going to be a bumpy ride!" Dray said. Ashe now carried the life of Kit on his back and was overjoyed at doing so. He bounded off towards the storm.

Ashe didn't know what he would encounter but he knew that he was now in control of the situation. Love would illuminate the way through the storm. It would be the love of Dray, Paladine, Mahiya, and Ashe that would see her through to safety. It would also be the brotherly love of Jarmok and Laren that would save her in the physical world. Ashe figured that Kit could not ask for better company to protect her.

Landscape and weather quickly transformed, the storm was on top of them now. Dark rain shot down from the sky and lightning flashed in crooked fingers. They crested the top of a hill and beyond a great swamp there were three tall black towers silhouetted against the flashes of lightning. The swamp and the towers were well known to Ashe. He had been to these real world places before. He was surprised that she had been also. He didn't have time to ponder the reasons for the images but he did have to get past them without losing her. Down the hill they went.

As they approached the dark swamp Ashe said to the boy, "We are going into a place that will frighten her. Hold her tight and let her know that you love her!"

As Ashe got into full gallop, racing through the swamp he was amazed at the growing power of his own image, never before in someone's mind had he had such a feeling of complete control. He rushed over and around brushes without hesitation, water from the rivulets within the swamp sprayed in dramatic fashion behind them as they sped across the dismal land.

Despite his power though, his charges were being battered by rain and wrecked underneath from his uneven gate. Kit was shuttering in the frigid cold and crying in fear.
Wildfire

Dray

Ashe bent down so that he was lying on the ground. He looked to the boy, "Both of you climb upon my back and I will take her out of this inner fury. She hasn't much time. It is by the will of Nyx and Volendan that she lives. But it is on us to see it though. Climb on and I will run to save her!"

Dray took his hand off the stag and squared his shoulders with his young charge.

"The stag wants us to ride it, it says we are not safe here and must go with him." He said to Kit as he took her other hand and held both in his own. His eyes held hers captive.

Kit was being drawn into the one symbol in this world she loved more than her own life. "But I can't, my parents are meeting me here, you know that." she said.

Dray took her quickly but gently by the back of her head and pulled her face into his, giving her a long kiss. One that was in discord of his apparent age and one that conveyed the love between their two souls.

He took his lips from her, but their foreheads still touched as he lightly stroked the back of her head.

"We are both in danger here, your parents will meet us on the other side of that storm. You must ride with me." He whispered.

Kit said breathlessly. "I trust you."

Johan

Jarmok felt a bit unbalanced. He wanted to be happy that she had spoken, but exactly what was going on, he couldn't tell; she might yet be in danger, and she might not. The pendant in its pouch might have been helpful, and it might not. He just didn't know.

He breathed deeply, sharing a nervous glance with Laren.

Dray

Kit's did respond to him in her ghostly whisper but remained still.

Jarmok looked back and forth from Kit to Ashe, who still was in his motionless grasp of her. He turned to Laren to inquire if any change had occured during his brief flight when Kit interrupted his query with an long glorious intake of breath. Her breathing had been so shallow it had been almost undetectable to the both of them. The breath, uncharacteristicly erupting from the barrier of her dismal condition, on any given day would have been considered a normal intake of surprise. Now, it was elevated to a sign of profound hope for the two caretakers.

Jarmok knew she would speak, he sensed it coming and that something good was happening. He couldn't explain from where this feeling derived, only that he could feel it with every part of his soul.

In a clear and ethereal voice she said, "A golden stag, he is so beautiful, where did he come from Dray?" (OOC: Not a "typo") A lone tear came from the corner of her eye and drifted down her cheek.

"A golden stag. He is so beautiful, where did he come from Dray?" Tears streamed down her face.