- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

Temple of the Lost

Started by Blackspear, December 18, 2005, 10:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

[color=green:ca52fe8111]OOC: Yes, Quinton has The Sword of Brendan in the water with him.[/color]

Quinton looks at the others then looks back to Elsyra, "It matters not if they were favorable or ill. They must be faced without fear and dealt with. We thank you and Azyrith for your insights." Quinton looks back to the others and says, "Enjoy yourselves my friends. We are apparently in the calm before the storm."

Quinton thinks to himself, "I wish they didn't put so much faith in me."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Blackspear

[color=green:0378923c06]Does Quinton take Brendan's Sword in the water with him?[/color]

As Quinton wades into the water he discovers that it is quite hot, but pleasantly so.   He has never experienced a bath in hot water before.  The water has an effervescent feel to it.  The holy knight feels immediately relaxed.   There are ledges that run around the pool and are submerged under about 1 1/2 feet of water.   They are perfect to sit upon and enjoy the marvelous warmth of this wonder of nature.

Soon after Quinton enters the pool, Lur'hion, Flea, Elizabeth, and Larkin join him and Elsyra.   Everyone seems to soak up the warmth of the pool in a companionable silence.   The only sound to be heard is the bubbling of the water in the center of the pool.

As the adventurers sit in the heated water, their cares are momentarily lifted.   The grime that covers their bodies is lifted away and their aches are soothed.

After a while, Elsyra brakes the silence.  "You are sitting in the presence of Azyrith.   Although most of you do not revere him, he aids you on your quest.   You all fight with courage, as true warriors should....."
As Elsyra is speaking, she seems to go into a trance as she stares towards the steam in the center of the pool.

"Your quest is in great danger.   You will face much peril in the days to come.   The Shadan Knight will suffer much anguish, but his younger brethren will save his life.    Delthara has sent her minions to oppose you...Flaern's servant will be sorely tested...Beware the two faced rogue..."

Shortly after her last statement, Elsyra snaps back into reality.  She smiles at Quinton and says, " I hope I have foretold  favorable portents?"
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Quinton wearing just his breeches grabs his ancestral sword and heads to the pool. He looks around tying to memorize every detail of the surrounding ruins. He comes to the edge of the pool and looks into it to see if he can see the bottom. With the dim light and the steam rising up the bottom of the pool remains elusive but is still inviting.

It has been far too long since he had a bath that wasn't rain or snow. Growing up as a poor farmer a bath was considered a luxury only for the rich or noble-born. So often times Quinton would swim in the small pond near his village even in the winter. He remembered how invigorating the cold water was. The water in the pool before him would no doubt prove to be just as refreshing but in a different way.

"It does feel good to be out of my armor", Quinton thought. "To let my feet feel the air instead of suffocating in my boots. The air is nice on my skin that has not seen beyond the metal plates for some time. Well, let's not waste any time"

Taking a deep breath Quinton began to walk into the water.
Wildfire

Blackspear

Larkin kneels in prayer to Azyrith.   Elizabeth and Flea join Quinton in removing various articles of clothing.  Elizabeth of course maintains her modesty.

As Quinton removes his armor, he feels as if a temporary weight is lifted from his shoulders.   His skin starts to tingle as the air from the cavern slowly circulates around his shoulders.  It feels good not to be wearing the heavy armor.  Even for just a few moments.

When the little people finish their prayer, all but Elsyra leave and head towards their dwellings.   Elsyra turns to the group and says, " Come.  Let's go to the pool.   You will be glad that you did."  She then strides through the columns and heads towards the steaming water.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Griznuq

[color=green:09a9a238e9]Lur'hion starts to take off his robe! ONOS!!! (Just kidding)[/color]
=]V[=

Wildfire

"Well, far be for me to ask of others what I wouldn't do myself." Quinton begins to take off his beaten rusted armor and looks about to see if anyone else starts to do the same.
Wildfire

Griznuq

Lur looks a Quinton and shrugs. When he's sure no one is looking, he offers a silent prayer to flearn.
=]V[=

Blackspear

"Not to worry.   All are welcome in Azyrtith's Temple.   Come.  Wade into his pool with us and you will be strengthened."

Elsyra then leads you towards the steaming pool.  She heads to an entreance between two columns.   Before entering, she kneels on the floor of the cavern and offers a prayer in a strange language.   The other little folk do the same and in short order are chanting together in a mysterious tongue that none of the party has ever encountered before.  At the height of their chant, it seems to those who are observant that for a brief moment, the symbols of Azyrith came alive.
Blackspear

Griznuq

"Indeed. I'm on thin enough ice with Flearn as it is." Lur'hion offered a wry smile.

"I think something like that would be the straw that broke the druid's back, if you will."
=]V[=

Wildfire

Quinton says, "You must know that my companions and I honor other gods. They have kept close watch upon us and they have our loyalty. However, in these dark times the alliance between the gods to to defeat Delthara must be kept in tact or we are all doomed. So to that I will thank Zyrith for the strength he gives to your kind. But understand that i will forever honor Shada."
Wildfire

Blackspear

"Zyrithia is the ruins.   New Zyrith is our home.   Its all we have, but its safe.   No ghosts here....

Wizard Trolls come now and again, but we fight them...."

As the party gets closer to new Zyrith they see that it is a large collection of caves carved out of a large cavern.   Each cave has its own glowing light emanating from it.   There are at least one hundred dwellings carved out of the cavern walls.    On the floor of the cavern is a steamy pool of water that is surrounded by many columns that appear to have been pilfered from the ruins above.    On the center of each column is the symbol if Zyrith.   A gigantic flame crossed with a many spiked spear on a large shield.

A road leaves from the pool and heads towards the dwellings.   As it reaches the dwellings, the road turns into a series of stairs that lead ever higher.   At the top level, there is a large structure that looks reminiscent of a castle.   Above the door again is the symbol of Zyrith.  Only this symbol appears to be made of  a real shield and spear with a live writhing flame.

Elsyra approaches the group and says, "We will go to the temple and give thanks to Zyrith.   By his strength we will be saved."
Blackspear

Griznuq

Lur'hoin's gaze went to Quinton. He thought the question funny, as the answer seemed a bit obvious. He convinced himself that Quinton must have been hoping for a little more information in the answer...
=]V[=

Wildfire

To Quinton it seemed that the answers were blatently obvious but he didn't want to assume anything. So at the risk of sounding stupid he asks, "New Zyrith? Is that what you've named the ruins of Zyrithia? Is that where those lights are coming from?"
Wildfire

Blackspear

"We burn fungus.   Smell bad.  Get used to it after a while.   Makes good heat."

The little man leads the intrepid adventurer's further down the narrow passageways.   Very quickly, both Quinton and Lur'hion get the feeling that they might not find their way back out without some help.   The small passageways are dark and coninually turning and twisting.

Soon the companions hear the steady sound of moving water.   It grows stronger and stronger until they come around a corner and find themselves standing on the banks of an underground river.   The river is wide and appears to be deep.   It has a slight smell of salt to it.

As Lur'hion's gaze takes in the river and follows the water he notices what appears to be hundreds of dancing multicolored lights hovering above the river in the distance.  

The little man points his stubby finger and says, "New Zyrith."  He stares along with the party as if gazing upon his home for the first time as well.
"Come.  Almost there."  He strides along the river bank towards the dazzling lights.
Blackspear

Griznuq

"Mold" says Lur'hion. "Damp and dark makes for good molds and fungus. If your boots are not water tight, watch where you step."
=]V[=