- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The Young Girl Limps Away

Started by Dray, December 08, 2005, 12:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfire

Kyle kept walking swiftly away from the dark temple and an unusually quiet Doubeck's Festhall just across the street. He was silent after her statement trying to formulate a response.

Not wanting to ignore her statement Kyle says, "I must admit, I was really confused by that. But if I thought you a monster I wouldn't be carrying you to Ashe's house."

Kyle walked on hoping that he didn't sound too sarcastic and resentful. To kill any suspicion that he might be he says, "Y'know, I still have it if...if you change your mind. It would look so beautiful in your soft golden hair."

Kyle winced at his awkward stupidity. Kit was different than the other girls in town and he wanted so much to impress her.
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

Kit would have missed the temple and the robed figure had Kyle not mentioned them. Snapping her head around she watched the figure blend into the darkness and disappear from view.

"Could it be?" she thought. "Could a priest be in Threshold?" Her pulse quickened at the thought, and she strained her neck trying to regain view of the figure. But alas, it was gone, and she had to return her weary head to Kyle's shoulder.

She made a note to herself to ask Julius or Jarmok about it. After a moment, she remembered he had asked a question.

"The day you tried to give me the gift, that beautiful hair piece." Kit paused, as her head spun with the former effort.

"I am so sorry for acting the way I did. I am sure you took a long time in crafting something so beautiful, only to have it cast back so thoughtlessly. You must think me a monster." Kit said, her voice quiet and slightly broken.

His body was warm, his embrace surprisingly gentle as he carried her to safety. For someone only slightly older than her, he sure was strong.

Wildfire

"Huh? What do you mean?..." Kyle suddenly felt awkward thinking that maybe he caused her to feel bad somehow. He wanted the perfection of the moment to last for a long time before reality crept back in.

The two of them were passing the Temple of Shadows as Kyle was talking. He noticed a black robed figure exiting the front door. The windows were glowing purple and an eerie purple tinted mist covered the foreground toi the temple. "...what do you think that's all about?"

Kyle quickened his pace passing by the dark building.
Wildfire

Dray

Kit was quiet for a few moments, while Kyle carried her. They were still a ways from Ashe's Place, her leg throbbed in pain and she didn't dare raise her head.

"I am sorry for acting that way Kyle."

Wildfire

Kyle looked down to her and says, "Well when you work in a the only butcher and leather shop in town you hear people talking. Someone's always dishing rumors about somesuchthing. Who knows how they start? I usually pin it on old dog Coryndar. He's always sticking his nose where it don't belong. My dad says that he's sure to get it bit off one day if'n he don't watch who he crosses."

Kyle imagined himself carrying his fair maiden back down the forest trail with arrows buzzing by his head and bouncing off his shield.
Wildfire

Dray

Kit lifted her head, for which she was rewarded with a near blackout.

Her head half fell back onto his shoulder. She felt him tense, before he could put her down and gush with worry, she summoned the will to speak and distract him from her condition.

"Caves south of here? Really?" Kit proceeded, as best she could, to describe the horrific beasts in detail. "...they were really scary, where did you hear the rumors?"

Wildfire

Kyle instantly slowed his trotting pace to a quick walk.

"I've never seen such things but..." Kyle paused as Kit made herself comfortable in his grasp. He continued, "...rumors have been scatting about that these things were seen in some cave south of here."

Kyle began to smile wide as he envisioned himself as a knight saving the sweet fair maiden from the clutches of the evil priest ready to sacrifice her.

"Don't worry Kit, Maal is teaching me to fight. You're in safe hands"
Wildfire

Dray

"Could you slow down a little?" Kit asked. Thinking to herself that Kyle would die of exhaustion at the pace he was maintaining, and long before they reached Ashe.

"I am not sure what the violence was all about on the Ridge, some Dark looking Archers with their pet beasts. Big dog-sized rat things with huge maws and viscous claws, I shudder to think what they may have done to the people before we got there. As to why they are here?" she paused with a smirk. "You would probably know more than I Kyle, have you ever heard of such things?"

As Kyle slowed, Kit nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck, she was becoming a bit light-headed.

Wildfire

"I'm just glad I was here to help. You saved me from Rawling and I'll save you from...walking!"

Kyle had a concerned look on his face and did his best to move smoothly through the clearing and chaotic streets.

After getting bumped a few times he began to shout, "Out of the way! I've got a wounded girl here! Just let me get by!"

to Kit's surprise it actually worked. Kyle kept up his alarm and people brushed aside.

After getting to the Wolfsong Kyle quieted down and said to Kit, "I've always wanted to do that...y'know, shout and have people move out of the way. So what happened up on the ridge? I was on my way to help put out the burning houses and then I saw you...hurt. Are you feeling okay? I'm not bouncing you around to much am I? If I am then I'll slow down."

Kyle was sorry that Kit was hurt but he was happy to be carrying her. "Maybe this would be a good time to try to give her the hair piece again? No...probably not", he thought.
Wildfire

Dray

As Kyle, strong from working alongside his father at their trade, scooped up the slight Kit in his arms, she wrapped her arms around his neck and held on.

"I would have objected, but it hurts badly." She said, close to his left ear as now he held her aloft.

"But Ashe is clear across town, let's take it slow. You should conserve your strength and I my nerve, any jostling makes the tip scrape the bone."

As Kyle started towards Ashe's Place she added. "Thank you so much Kyle, I am so glad you happened along my path."

Wildfire

"Great blazes!! You're hurt! We gotta get you something for that wound! Can you walk? well probably not very good. Here, let me carry you! There's no time to lose!"

Kyle put down the lantern and hunched down to pick Kit up by her knees and shoulders.
Wildfire