- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The Young Girl Limps Away

Started by Dray, December 08, 2005, 12:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

As Laren left to inform Julius of the violence of the evening, Kit quickly realized how difficult it was going to be getting to Ashe's Place, clear across Threshold.

The arrow had hit her square in her leg. Its metal tip scraped back and forth across the bone as she limped to Rosewalk. She dared not remove it, fearful she would open up the wound further and bleed even more.

She made it to the very stables the Protectorate had encountered the rats. Seemed like months ago now, as she leaned against the barn door, she wondered if she should try to take one. The quick observation of the lock on the door decided the matter.

She was startled as a sudden voice cryed out in the dark, "Kit, is that you?"

Kyle, holding aloft a covered lantern, approached her from the road.

Wildfire

"Sweet dreams young one. I promise that I won't feel any of the pain." Ashe says

Kit began to question exactly what he said but was soon overtaken by a slumber that seemed to be heavier than the tallest mountain.

As soon as he was certain that Kit was unconcious he skillfully removed the arrows and began to repair the damage.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, "Hello, Ashe. You home? We could use some help." Dale asked from the other side of the door.

Ashe was in the midst of tying up Kit's wounds and looked around for a way to answer the door. Quickly realizing there was nor realistic way of doing it with out compromising some of his healing he replies, "Aye Dale, I'm home. Come on in. I've got my hands full with Kit right now...er, yeah."

Ashe grabs another wrap and continues to dress Kit's wounds.

Wildfire's Note:
This post ties in directly with pg. 2 of
The Walking Wounded
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Dray

"Others?" Kit asked. She sat up as best she could on the bed and smelled the tea. Ashe almost laughed at the face she made upon sniffing the foul concoction.

In absent-minded manner she sipped the tea, while asking him more questions. "Other Priests? Perhaps one of Paladine? Where are they coming from?"

Her smile was starting to fade, as the medicine started to work.

She suddenly looked at the tea, 'Oh poopies that's right!'

Wildfire

Ashe hands her a steaming cup of foul smelling tea and says, "Yes, I'm going to knock you out for this. This is no such pain that one such as yourself should have to endure. Oh, and to your other question...yes, that is the first of the priests to arrive. Julius informs me that the others will arriving in the next couple of days along with the other council members."
Wildfire

Dray

Kit lay on the bed trying not to focus on the pain of the wound. She detailed the battle with the odd dog beasts and the archers, the shot she took to the leg and the eventual meeting with Kyle. She hurried along through the story and Ashe soon came suspicious that she was trying to get to a matter that concerned her.

"...as we were passing the Temple of Shadows, a black robed figure departed from it and disappeared into the darkness. Do you know if he was a Priest?"

Ashe smiled to himself, 'ah, that was the matter then,' he thought. His back to her, he reached for one more herb for the mixture he was making. A mixture that would stop the artery from pouring her life-blood, after he ripped the arrow from her.

'The pain will be excrutiating', he thought.

"Are you going to knock me out for this?" she asked.

Wildfire

(OOC: Party Pooper) ;-)

Kyle took the last few steps to Ashe's house and knocked by kicking gently on the door. The door opens and Ashe's eyes widen, "Oh, Kit you're hurt! Thanks for helping her Kyle. Put her on the bed right there." Ashe points the bed in a close corner of the room.

Kyle gingerly places her on the bed wishing that this situation was without any injuries to her. "Thank You Kyle. I'm so glad that you were there to help me." Kit says.

"I'm just glad I could." he says.

"Ah, if you two are done romancing I have some healing to do?" Ashe says sarcastically.

"Oh! right. Ah...Ashe? Can I watch?" Kyle asks.

Angrily Ashe demands, "Be gone with you boy! There's work to be done in the town! Now go!"

Kyle waves at Kit and Kit waves back then Kyle leaves.

As Ashe makes a steaming concoction he askes, "So tell me about what happened out there."

(OOC: You can continue on if you like or it can end here.)
Wildfire

Dray

"Oh, um...." Kit was thankful she didn't embarrass him with the thought of her in a sleeping gown. She had nervously bitten her lip right after she had said it, wincing at her foolishness.

"...I purchased a book on tailoring on my journey to Threshold. I thought it rare that someone would take the time to scribe their trade in such detail. The book has taught me quite a bit."

The door to Ashe's places was getting real close. The pain in her leg was excruciating and she was dizzy from blood loss.

(OOC, Nothing for nothing WF, but unless Kyle is going to tell me a big secret about Threshold, or attempt to cop a feel, let's close this up).

Wildfire

Kyle laughs, "Great Paladine I wish I could be lazy some days! But between working the shop AND tending fields I barely have time for anything else. I do make it a point to meet with Maal for my training...which has only been once or twice. What do you like to read? Philosophy? Legends? History?"
Wildfire

Dray

Kit took a noted intake of breath in surprise.

"Um," she said, hesitant to answer. 'I can't tell him about my journey with Laren, and he doesn't need to know,' she thought.

"Sometimes I like to spend time in my room reading. Those couple of days I just didn't make it out of my sleeping gown. I can be lazy sometimes." she said.

Wildfire

"Oh it's really no trouble at all. I'm just glad that I can help you.  As soon as we get to Ashe's he'll fix you up good and proper and it'll be like it never happened." Kyle says.

"I...I happened to notice that you were scarce a few days ago. Not that I follow you around or anything. But you weren't there when your friends killed Rawling in the old house. Did you go somewhere?"
Wildfire

Dray

ROFL

"Do you think we can stop by the well? I am so thirsty and hot, maybe we could dunk my blouse in the water."

Griznuq

"Your arms must be soOOooOO tired, you hulking mass of studly boy you!!" HAHAH What a floozey!!
=]V[=

Dray

"It would have been a lot worse had I walked this distance. Thank you so much for helping me Kyle. Your arms must be so tired." Kit said, not lifting her head from his shoulder.

Wildfire

Kyle's face was completely overcome with his smile. In his mind he was pretending that he just slew the dragon and was king of all Elsenban. His heart was light and he found a new strength for his now weary arms. He would carry her to the islands in the north if she asked.

He could barely see Ashe's house up ahead. Suddenly he realized that his spontaneous stroke of luck in helping her was coming to an end. He didn't want her to suffer but he wanted to talk with her some more. "How's your leg Kit?"
Wildfire

Dray

The memory of Warden came again to her unbidden, as it did on the Rosewalk when Kyle had tried to give her the hairpiece. She became quiet as she faced the dilemma of what to do yet again.

She so didn't want this young man to come to harm, but on the other hand, she was so tired of being closed in. The days and nights of hiding in the room at the Inn were becoming tedious.

If she could only just break free of her past, and not be the Seer running away from a dire enemy, if only she could be normal[/i] for just a little while.

But what if Kyle came to the same fate as Warden? She wouldn't be able to live with herself.

But she couldn't just disappoint him, she didn't want people to not like her.

In a small voice she said, "It would be an honor to wear the hair piece, when I am healed, let's talk more about it."