- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The Walking Wounded

Started by fraz, December 05, 2005, 10:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraz

Duthash Zinnyas Basque: Night [11 May]

Maal Brengain and Dale leave Jarmok at the jail house to guard the prisoner while they walk across town to Ashe's house.

The wildlander's wounds are in need of treatment and her muscles are stiffening up now that the battle is over. She walks somewhat gingerly through the now strangely quiet town...
nothing

Wildfire

[color=green:d5ea0ced91]OOC: End of ICD[/color]
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Wildfire

Ashe gets some clean rags and begins to tend to Dale's wounds. "They always were a hardy folk, Dale. I wonder what brings her away from the war."

Not expecting an answer from sleeping Dale, Ashe starts to hum a pleasant tune to himself.
Wildfire

fraz

"Aright, thank ye, Ashe." Maal Brengain rises, moving somewhat stiffly, and departs from the cabin.
nothing

Wildfire

Ashe shakes his head again, "Dale will be okay until I get you set. Let me take a look at the one on your back."

Ashe moved around behind Maal to examine the damage. "Okay, when I tell you take in a deep breath. Ready? BREATHE!!"

Ashe pulled the arrow out as it had gone in and immediately covered the wound with a salve covered bandage and secured it on. He did also covered the sword wound.

"Well, that should just about do it. I get the feeling that you'll be spending much time here in the future. And don't worry, next time I'll ask you before I give you the sleeping brew, okay? And don't forget to come here tomorrow so I can check on your wounds. You can stop by on your morning patrol if you like. I'll be awake."
Wildfire

fraz

"Er, well I still got another in me back 'ere..." Maal Brengain indicates the second arrow sticking out of her right side behind her arm.

"This one's jus' a bit deeper, so I'll let ye handle it... An' I got a slight gash o'er 'ere from a sword tha' ye should maybe look at. I can wait 'til after ye 'ave tended ta Dale... Yer still no' puttin' me ta sleep, though!"
nothing

Wildfire

Ashe purses his lips into a frown and grabs a large clean rag and says, "AAHH, you daft Wildlander! There's a better way of doing that y'know! Next time let me do it so it's done right!" Ashe presses the rag against Maal's wound. "Hold that there so I can get a tie off to wrap around the bandage."

Ashe walks to the other side of the room shaking his head and muttering under his breath. He gets a small belt and grabs a jar from one of his shelves.

"You've got some spirit in you I'll give you that. You can take the girl out of the Wildlands but you can't take the Wildlands out of the girl! Heh!!"

Ashe pulls the rag from Maal's wound and dabs some salve from the jar onto a new rag and then presses it hard against the cut. He then wraps the belt over the rag and buckles it tight.

By this time Dale had almost fallen completely away into a deep slumber and heard only babbling from Ashe. Unable to keep his eylids up any longer Dale fell into the chasm of sleep.

"Okay, that'll have to stay tight for at least tonight. It maybe uncomfortable but after yanking an arrow out of yourself I'm sure comfort is not a paramount concern. Make sure you come and see me tomorrow...that wound has to stay clean. Okay? If you want to at least rest here for a while you're welcome to it. I have to tend to Dale but I can get you something to drink and some cheese and bread to eat if you like. But I know that you might have things to do about town...especially given the nights events."
Wildfire

Blackspear

Dale gasps in shock as Maal pulls a large chunk of flesh out of her body.
"What's wrong with you?  Do you like pain?"

Mental note: Don't ever ask Maal for any healing help!
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Blackspear

[color=green:7721761af6]Dale gasps in shock as Maal pulls a large chunk of flesh out of her body.

Ashe says "OOH!  I think that's a piece of your lung!", as he points to a large section of pink tissue.

Dale responds in a bad imitation of the Wildlander's accent, "Better hope ya kin put that back where ya found it Maal!"

Maal you take 7 more poinys of damage for not letting the medic safely remove the barbed arrow!  Can you say OOOUUUUCH!!!!

Maal, tough as nails says in a wheezy voice, "its ok .... I feel...  a ....  lot ....better now..."

Thanks for watching another episode of E.R.   Michael Crichton would be proud! :lol: [/color]
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

fraz

"Oh no ye don'!" Maal Brengain replies as she gently, but forcefully, pushes the mug away. "Yer no' puttin' me ta sleep ag'in as ye did b'fore! No' when thar be enemies aboot. This is when we are most vulnerable - jus' after an attack when we are wounded - an' I don' want half of our Protec'trate useless in a deep slumber!

"B'sides, these arrows aren't very deep a' all. I know how ta turn me body ta avoid takin' em full on, an' me armor helped absorb some o' th' impact too, methinks... I jus need ye to treat and bandage th' wounds once I pull 'em free."

With a sneer of defiance, the wildlander grasps the shaft of the shorter, broken arrow with her left hand and jerks it free from her flesh and armor. Blood oozes from the aggravated wound...

[color=green:4bcf76eb66]OOC: My thinking here is that Maal took a total of 7 points of damage from the two arrow strikes. That's really not much compared to her total of 39 HP, so they couldn't be very deep wounds...[/color]
nothing

Blackspear

Dale takes a snif of the green brew and curls his nose up at the concoction.   Without thinking about it he tips the cup and drains the potion.   Choking a little on the foul taste, Dale smiles and says, "That'll clear a headache!"

He then lies back and prepares for a good night's sleep.   As he waits to drift into unconciousness, Dale wonders if having Ashe digging out the arrowhead will be more amenable to a restful sleep than listening to the smelly dwarf snore away at the in.  If he wakes better rested in the morning, Dale might just go get himself shot again!
Blackspear

Wildfire

Ashe was wrapping bandages on Kit's leg, "I saw the fire across the river. I was wondering what was going on but figured that I'd learn about it soon enough. Kit only briefly explained what happened before she fell asleep. Take a bed and I'll be with you in short order."

Soon thereafter Ashe finished with Kit and went over to his work table. He grabbed two mugs and scooped some fine green powder in. "Maal, you'll be familiar with this brew I'm sure. Dale, this doesn't taste the best but it gets the job done."

Ashe went over to the kettle over the fire and poured some of the steaming water into the mugs. He turned to Maal and Dale and handed them the mugs. "Okay, drink up. You don't want to be awake when I pull those arrows out. If they're anything like the barbed arrows that were in Kit this proceedure could be...messy. But come morning you'll be right as rain...not to worry."
Wildfire

fraz

Maal Brengain steps into Ashe's home.

"Aye, Ashe... we fought off some wolf-rats an' cloaked archers. Matter o' fact we captured one o' th' men an' 'ave 'im locked up b'hind the Council House right now, e'en as we speak..."
nothing

Blackspear

Dale opens the door to Julius' home and steps through the threshold.  He curiously peers ahead to see what Ashe might be up to with Kit.  At another time, he might have made a snide remark, but the arrowhead buried in his shoulder was far too painful.

"Hi Ashe... Kit.   Maal and I could use some help too... when you get a chance."  In a lower voice he whispers to Ashe, "I think Maal might need your attentions before I do.  She took some nasty shots in the skirmish."
Blackspear

Wildfire

From inside Maal and Dale hear, "Aye Dale, I'm home. Come on in. I've got my hands full with Kit right now...er, yeah."
Wildfire