- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

12.27.2132 - Awakening to a Nightmare

Started by Dray, June 26, 2008, 07:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Dray

Renee was all business. "I am going to leave a more powerful Sneaky draught under your bed. It should give you about 8 turns to sneak out of the dormitory safely afterwards. Luckily it's snowing and hopefully it will continue to do so. No one will be specifically looking for you, so if you keep your hood up, you shouldn't have any problems leaving the district. Meet me in the alley behind the Marks Taverns. Any questions?"

Johan

"No." Temmit answered. "I understand."

Dray

(OOC: Scene change, the camera zooms in on Temmit, briskly walking to the Marks Tavern at about 8 dawnhand).

A small warehouse behind the tavern had a guard post of two soldiers. Temmit quickly remembered that one of them may be Private Meeks, the customer of Mia's last weekend, and he didn't want to be identified outside of school. He quickly turned so as to circumvent the building the other way.

As expected, Mr. Marks and Renee were both waiting for him in the alley between the tavern and the warehouse. Mr. Marks was quietly talking to Renee as he approached them.

"So what is your next course of action? I will not wait the day out Renee, I want my daughter found," he said.

Although the man was almost whispering, Temmit had never seen the normally stoic man so animated.

"Hello Temmit," Renee greeted as he approached. She turned back to him, "we are doing everything we can Mr. Marks. But it just a matter of time now before the Capital Guard knows anyway."

She brushed some gathered snow on her hood and the continued. "Once she is found missing in her dorm, they will send a truancy officer to you for questioning. Tell him the truth, tell him she went missing after school yesterday and that you searched for her the whole night in hopes of finding her before she got in trouble at school. The officer will send out a warning to the Guard, but it will be hands before the entire force is put on notice to look for her. This will give me and Temmit time to find her on our own terms."

"On your own terms Renee?"[/i] Mr. Marks remarked. "No offense, but my daughter is more important to me right now than any business she is tending to of your...."

Renee interrupted. "Understandable Mr. Marks," she said as she held up a gentle but firm hand to stow his rising frustration. "But as I said before, she wasn't working on my orders last night. She could have been doing something risky on her own, and I would rather find her before the Truancy Office does. If she was doing anything questionable, she will need help hiding her tracks. And since she has gone missing, I am betting those tracks may be deep as they must involve matters we don't want the government knowing about."

"My apologies Renee, I know you have only the best intentions in regards to Leslie. It's just that I am understandably at wits end. She has never gone missing for more than a hand before, and I was always able to track her down," he said worried.

"I know Mr. Marks, we will find her. But remember, whatever happened may not be that dire. It is early yet, she could be awakening right now in some upper loft of a theater, cursing herself for falling asleep in it." she said, placing a comforting gloved hand on his shoulder.

"I hope your right Miss, I hope that's all it is."

He then looked at Temmit for the first time. "Thanks for taking the chance and coming out to help this morning Temmit," he said to him and shook his hand.

Johan

Temmit noded, accepting Mr. Marks' thanks. "For what it's worth, sir," he said. "I specifically told Leslie to not do any Clan work for a while. She was grateful for a little time off."

"We'll find her."

Dray

He looked at Temmit with more emotion than Temmit had ever seen from the man. "She looks up to you son like you are her older brother. If anyone is going to find her, it's you."

He then turned back to Renee.

"You can of course use my place as headquarters all day Renee. I will keep the stock room," he nodded at the back door of the tavern, "clear of my workers today for you."

"Thanks Mr. Marks," and as he retreated back into the tavern she added, "we will find her Mr. Marks, I promise."

He nodded and went inside.

Johan

After the door closed, Temmit turned to Renee and asked, "Do you have any more information than you did earlier?"

Dray

"No," she said and Temmit heard her swallow hard against the sorrow building in her.

As Temmit watched, his leader visibly shook it off and got back into her stance of strength.

"We will next go back to the Theater District, my Warden Council contact owns the doll shop there. I will tell you what we need to do here though, so we don't have to converse in the storm on our way."

Johan

"Doll shop?" Temmit perked up. "She was giving her sister a doll for her birthday. I saw the box. It *looked* like a doll box, at any rate."

Dray

Renee smiled and almost dismissed the remark, but then had a double take.

"Was it a long copper tin? With a picture of a doll on the front?" she asked.

Johan

"Aye." Temmit confirmed, holding his hands out to guage the size of the box.

Dray

"When we get there," Renee continued, "I will need you to do everything in your power to ascertain my contact's...her name is Martha...my contact's true intentions. She has been a pain in my ass ever since she was assigned the post a year ago, and I am tired of getting half answers from her and those she represents. And this strange coincidence of Leslie being at her shop days before her disappearance is just too bizarre." Frustration was written all over the lovely red-heads face.

"So when we get there, I am going to push her into answering me, and I will need you to collect as much information as you can from her body language and whatever else. Leslie is far too important and more so...a little girl, we will not settle for half answers today." Renee almost looked pleased with the idea with confronting an obvious adversary.

Johan