- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

04.19.2127 - White Rascal

Started by Griznuq, March 23, 2008, 10:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griznuq

Harrison quickly turned the sour look that was creeping accross his face into a smile. It really didn't sound like something Harrison would enjoy in the least. The money sounded nice, but...

Still though, she was so excited about it...

"Gosh that sounds fun," he said with feigned enthusiasm.
=]V[=

Dray

Millis caught his ruse. "Don't you worry Young Master, I will make it fun."

She continued gathering her things together and then as she got Harrison to help her put the folding table away she said, "come, I will introduce you to all the others and show you around the Temple kitchens. Place is beautiful!"

Griznuq

Harrison tilted the bowl back and finished the stew. He hoped he hadn't gabbed himself into a job he couldn't refuse. He really was hoping for a job with the animal doctor or something of that sort.

"Coming," he said actually managing to sound happy.
=]V[=

Dray

With the exception of the now almost empty large pot of stew Millis had nothing to carry. The old woman was kind of burly and had no problem or qualms carrying it down the sloping roadway. She even swung the pot by its handle as they walked.

Millis, all excited about her new helper, chatted his ear off all the way into the Riverfront District.

"The best part of working the festival is that after all the work is complete, you get to sit and watch the entire festival without much to do. Not many in the city get that kind of privelage. Its quite the grand affair. All the big show-offs in the city attend the festival which has fireworks, kites, music and other such fun....and then their is a grand ball in the evening. Course at that you may be asked to be a serving boy, but its kind of cool walking amidst all those higher-ups and seeing them in their grand attire and beautiful dresses."

Griznuq

Oh great, the thought. Work, AND I get to deal with people.

Maybe there'd be something of interest after all, he hoped. Oh well, at least it's money. Maybe Montey would be there. Maybe Emma too! No, probably not.

Harrison snapped out of his inner monologue and tried to catch up to whatever it was Millis was talking about that moment.
=]V[=

Dray

Millis and Harrison made their way through the Riverfront district with far more ease then Harrison was used too when having at it alone. Carriages seemed to veer for the old lady who paid them no heed. Harrison wasn't sure if that was because she was used to getting the right away from them, or because she hadn't stopped talking about the festival.

They entered the Park district and Harrison longed for his tree. Soon though, the thought of where he was going finally cracked into the young lads mind. Only on a school trip, when he was 5, had he ever entered the Temple district, yet here he was standing at the district gates, awaitng a guard to allow them through.

Griznuq

Actually, if he spent weekdays at the monestary when school was in session, wouldn't that have been in the temple district?
=]V[=

Dray

Yeah, I caught your unintended err in an earlier post. The school district has its own Clergy House and its own academic wing that serves to educate its doctrine. Even those students of the cloth don't get to go to the Church of Kaine until they are about in their 15th year. So Harrison hasn't been there since he was 5.

Griznuq

Oh. Ok then.

Harrison waits for something that requiires his input.
=]V[=

Dray

No f'ing inner monologue dude? COME ON! Do I gotta do everything? Truth be told, going to get you to the kitchen and set you to work for the week, Emma's notes being the only mention. I kind of lost my original intent for the remainder of this post, but we get back on it....oh yeah, now I remember.

Griznuq

Don't wanna cloud things too much with a bunch if inner monologue... Sort of already have.

Don't forget, the name of the post refers to Clive... We might wanna change it?
=]V[=

Dray

The Temple District was as grand as he remembered. The Temple itself so high that he thought one must be able to see it no matter where one stood in the district. The street was beautifully even with mauve-colored cobblestone, trimmed with all sorts of flowers along the streets sides. The walls to the left and right were covered with ivy also in bloom. Beautiful pairs pf statues of men, women and children that looked so realistic were perched every twenty feet in pairs on the columns of the opposing wall.

Millis, who had become a tour guide for the last half-hand or so continued her chatter. "Behind the wall to the left is the home of the High Priest Fresenius, the one to the right, his Bishops and Priests. Straight ahead is my home and our place of work for the next week, and you might as well put the facade away now Young Master, you will indeed actually have a good time."

Dray

The guard recognized Millis, smiled and let her through with her new companion without so much as a blink.

Harrison and Millis walked on through the gate and onto the courtyard of the Church of Kaine. The cobblestones, changed in color to white and were polished like marble, these led to the spire in a sea of granite pavers which surrounded the entire church. The Spire was a thing to behold at 30 stories tall it was a beacon which reached to heaven in a challenge of defiance against the demons fought there by Kaine. The Church stood as a massive monument to the endurance and tenacity of all humankind. So great was the God Kaine and all of his people that they still calimed this land as the center of their known world.....

At least that is what Millis was rambling on about. Harrison just looked at building and wondered how Clive could find footholds to climb the damn thing.

Dray

The beauty of the Church became a blur and sooner rather than later Harrison found himself in a gighnormous kitchen full polished steel pans, pots and cutlery of every size one could imagine. Cooks were premaking anything that could be perserved for the end of week festivities. People were everywhere not only here but in the adjoining corridors going crazy to get not only the routine daily work done but the preparations for the huge weekend.

Millis set him in front of the largest chunk of cheese every seen by man, it was in fact bigger than he was. He was given a knife and told to copy a little girl in making neat little squares of cheese with it. Problem is, he didn't see the little girl.

"Hello," said the cheese.

Turns out the little girl was on the other side of it.

Griznuq

The smell of the cheese was nice. Cheese was one of Harrison's favorite foods, a trait he shared with Clive.

"Hello," Harrison said to the cheese...

"Why would someone MAKE a pile of cheese this large??"

Harrison had made cheese before at home. The thought of making something this big with the small equipment he had at home seemed ridiculous. Didn't occur to him that maybe they had bigger machines.
=]V[=