- Chubby Dwarves are low fat.
- Pippen accused of getting drunk and feeling Merry
- Mexican Hobbit corrupted by One Ring. Known as Smiegel

Main Menu

The Ring within the Brambles

Started by Wildfire, September 19, 2005, 10:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

"I've never lived in a cabin." Maccabeus quipped lightly. "It seems like it would tend to isolate you from Mahiya and that's never a good thing. Especially here in this area. When I arrived in this area it seemed that Sythus was unusually fertile. Now I realize that it's the presence of the Ring that floats that wonderful scent of growth upon the air." He sniffed demonstrably, like a glutton smelling his favorite meal just nearing the table.

"You have been unusually blessed to live in this place, sir." He observed. "Thank you for your willingness to share." He grinned a rather stupid grin as though he thought he had just said something beyond clever.

"In the Dale we thank Mahiya for her bounty. For the sun and the rain, the animals and vegtables, for the caves and the rivers. Even the lightning that begets the forest fires." He clicked and clucked a few moments before begining. "Seems a far distance from grace, but grace it be."
Avatar Courtesy of The Image Bank

Wildfire

Ashe looks back and notices the distance between him and the other two. "Oh, my! I'm sorry. How I do forget myself."

While waiting for the others to catch up he takes in his surroundings and breathes deep closing his eyes. "I feel more at home here than I do in my cabin" he says. "My friend Mercer and I used to walk for days in the forest just feeling the life of our surroundings. We'd pass through some beautiful country and wonder how we could be in anything so magnificent. It made our souls sing. How could anyone not be inspired by it we would wonder."

Ashe spoke in his odd speech again in a sort of prayer, "The grace of Nyx has been given to us. We honor our Mother-Father by embracing that grace and by giving it back with love for all that Nyx is."

"To the north you say? We can walk along the bank of the Fogveil until you think that we should cross."
Wildfire

One should never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity

Johan

Maccabeus watched intently and studied the elder's words as Ashe destroyed the medallion. "Impressive." He commented simply.

He followed Ashe as closely as he could through the thickening foliage. He watched with great interest where the elder placed his feet and how he twisted his torso as though he was dancing with the very trees and bushes. It was much to Maccabeus's surprises that he found himself fallen considerably behind Ashe.

"Hey Ashe?" He called, feeling rather Sheepish. "We seem to be falling a bit behind. Must be these infernally short legs again."

"Besides," he continued, "we should probably be banking off northward now." He gestured helpfully towards his right.

Wildfire

Ashe draws his gleaming, rune-carved scimitar and says,"Stepping back is a good idea" he draws the scimitar over his head with a wild look in his eyes and yells in a language only Maccabeus understands and brings the blade down upon the symbol shattering it into dust.

He spins around with the blade in his hand as if to look for another target for his fury. Maccabeus and Dale step back a little bit not knowing what will happen and Ashe seems to break out of his fury. He shakes his head as if he is clearing his mind. "Excuse me," he says, "sometimes I can get blinded by my rage. I'm okay now."

putting his scimitar back in it's sheath he matterof factly says, "Well, off to the Ring." He begins to walk towards the Fogveil. The ground gets softer and is slightly damp and the undergrowth gets thick. Dale and Maccabeus find it hard to keep up with Ashe as he walks through the dense bushes as if they're not even there.
Wildfire

Blackspear

"Just take a step back and watch the shards fly!"
Dale actualy takes more than a few steps back.   As he backs up, he positions himself behind a tall spruce tree and peers around the side of it to get a good view of Ashe's path of destruction.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Johan

Maccabues missed a step upon hearing Ashe's words. "OH! Great! I had misunderstood you to mean that destroying it would have to wait."

He unstrapped his blanket and unrolled it enough to show the vile symbol to Ashe (he carefully studied Ashe's body language, but the elder gave away no hints that he might not be quite what he suggested).

He located a fair-sized flat rock, and placed the symbol upon it, being careful to not allow the foul metal to come into contact with his flesh.

"Maal destroyed one of these things and it seemed to sap her vitality. After that I think we took to throwing them at the stones in the Ring. I really regret that now, knowing what I do today. In any event, I take it that we don't simply crush it with a random rock?"

Wildfire

"Given the recent events I think you and Wolf staying at the ring would be a good idea. And yes, Wolf despite being friendly, at least to you, would have the farmers nervous not to mention the livestock. I'm certain that we'll cross the river with little trouble. But now that we're out of proximity of the road It's time to destoy that symbol."
Wildfire

Johan

"You know what? You're right...on both counts." Maccabeus agreed, not slowing his step. "I had forgotten about the bridge at Little Threshold; there would be a river (or a marsh anyway) between here and the Ring. Also, I'm sure that we can figure it out! As of now, I'm only guessing, judging by Kossuth, I'm estimating that we can get in through this way. It's almost always better walking through the forest anyway; the roads just don't do Mahiya justice." He scrambled over rocks and fallen trees, tripping merrily through the venric forest.

"With luck, there'll be a log to cross the river. I'll be staying at the Ring for the most part, and I really feel pretty strongly that Wolf and I will create more issues than not if we have to keep traipsing through the flock, you know?"

Wildfire

Ashe stops and turns to Dale and Maccabeus and says, "We can all fly...it's just a matter of how we choose to do it." He winks then turns to the left side of the road and says, "So, it's here that you say we should go Maccabeus? Is it straight in or in and to the right? Wait! You said it was south of Coryndar Fields...Coryndar Fields is on the other side of the river last I heard...well, we'll figure it out."
Wildfire

Johan

"The spirit of my people is strong." Maccabues replied. "Besides, ignorance is my enemy (not that I've won so many of our encounters as I have lost :lol: ); it serves you well to know your enemies."

They walked on about another few bowshots, talking as they went. "Should I then entrust this medallion that I've got to you?" He asked as he ventured off the road a towards the west. "We should be able to forge a way into the Ring from this area. We're almost on top of it now; too bad we can't fly!"

Wildfire

Ashe slows his step so that Maccabeus can walk without jogging. "Ah, to destroy a symbol is a wonderful thing. It takes a bit of power though. I'll show you when the time comes. To your other question, 'what is Zyxu' well that's a long story. So I'll give you the short version...no offense to your height!" Ashe laughs at his own circumstantial jest. "Zyxu is the opposite of what Zebulon is. Where Zebulon is Mahiya's champion Zyxu is the champion of that force that is not honored with a name. That evil is the void of life. As I explained to Dale it is not to be confused with death. For death is a transition of our spirit...a change. As the plant dies the remains can foster new life, so to speak. This void takes any possibilty of growth and rebirth. It feeds on the energy of flesh and spirit consuming it utterly. It is forever hungry and it never sleeps or is ever satisfied. It always wants more. That is what Zyxu is...that is what he champions."

Ashe continues walking and then says, "I hope I didn't dampen your spirits..."
Wildfire

Johan

"Dale's almost right." Maccabeus agreed. "The Ring is on the south side of the fields. As you are no doubt aware, the fields are west off the road and the Ring and bramble are on the south edge of the fields. I think, however, we can wend our way off the road short of Little Threshold and find a back way in. I'd like to be able to come and go without disturbing the workers in the fields, if you follow me."

Maccaeus stoped short a moment, falling a little behind the two humans. "Dale," he said, "I'm going to have to ask you to shorten your stride a bit. My little legs'll have to be whipped into a run to keep up with you." He smiled and chuckled lightly, removing the wrapped blanket from his back.

"I have one of those symbols right here. If they are as foul as you say, and I believe that they are, I'd rather not bear it back to the Ring. Perhaps we should set off the road and destroy it in a bit of isolation? I'd dearly love to see the correct way to destroy them in the event that they show up again."

He continued on before Ashe could respond. As he spoke Maccabues studied this new acquaintences, suspicion still lurked in his mind as to the intentions of these men; suspicion had kept his people alive for the past generations. "This Zyxu," he took up the conversation again. "That's a name that's been whispered around my ears of late, but I've never heard of him. Or her. Who is he? Or she?"

Blackspear

"Its just past Coryndar Fields.  Its not very far now."  Dale begins to walk faster toward the farm, hoping that the two druids might continue their conversation at the ring.   That way he can at least investigate around the ruins once again.   He reminds himself not to cast any spells around either of them.
Blackspear
"My first encounter with a dragon was fortuitous.  I lost my mount, had the chain torn from my chest, and was pinned to the ground by a claw that pierced my leg.   I would limp for the rest of my life, but I never felt more alive...

Wildfire

Ashe nods his head up and down.

He then says, "Whatever talismans remain should be destroyed with haste. They may act as beacons to the eyes of Zyxu. As a disease spreads through a living body so to will the power of Zyxu spread through this land. Talismans such as the one you speak of will draw the disease to them spreading out as a plague will spread through a population. Please, give what symbols you have to me and I'll destroy them. You can even watch if you like. How far are we from the Ring?"
Wildfire

Johan

'We need must speak at some length, please." Maccabeus answered in thier kindered speech. "But alone. Will you visit me in my new home tonight?'

He then again switched back to common and apologized to Dale. "I'm sorry, Dale. I don't mean to occlude your understanding. It's just that some things that need saying need saying in proper fashion, and sometimes the correct word doesn't exist or isn't known in common." He cast a friendly smile at the bedraggled traveller.

"I had been looking to go to town to talk with that councillor fellow. I imagine, though, that you might be more the correct person to have this conversation with." He turned about on the road and the three began walking back toward the north as they spoke. "I am sure that you are welcome in the Ring. Tell me, I don't mean to completely change subjects, but what should be done with the remaining symbol of the agents of the foul one?"